Adding Squads/Squad Chat

Draco_

Description: Just like MRP/DRP, have a squad/party chat for the job whitelists for the respective classes.  Using regular chat could be dangerous giving away positions and call outs to others. 

Example: All 91st would have access to the "Team Message" feature in Gmod.

Benefits: Helps add more comms and more depth into the roleplay. More QOL of change for Comms.

• Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I was discussing this on Day 1 with a few of the interim officers, now actual officers. Some of the leaders were torn because seeing the halos of 10-20 enlisted sounded unappealing and in some instances hindering performance.

You’ll have to double check this but I believe the /radio channels work on the server. It’s what we had to use back on Taiga Forest for squad chat, because Frogmen weren’t fully equipped at the time. If they are in fact working, I think using /radio will be effective enough to not warrant squads being created. 

I can’t recall who said it, but a staff member in TS said squads will likely exist for the SOCs once the pop grows enough to warrant that branching off.

So if you’re looking for a specific channel to communicate, try fidgeting with the /radio command.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs