DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Swigs - Gamemaster application

Swigs2

In-game name: 212th 2LT 4534 Boil

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:60803091

Warns: 0 

Timezone: MT

Playtime?: 212th 2LT 4534 Boil has played for 42:04:57.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): Phantom, shrimps

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] VN Gamemaster

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I have a lot of roleplay experience, I only have been a GM once on a serious MilRP but I have much more roleplay experience and teaching in roleplay. I have over 1000+ hours on FalloutRP and overtime I've learned a lot about roleplay and game masters due to the servers events. I’ve watched and learned from friends on the servers and participating in events how to keep them interesting and fun for players. Something a gamemaster also does is make sure Roleplay is done correctly and with my experience in RP I am able to run events that will be able to be seen as an actual Star Wars scenario. Along with that I will be able to host small events on Anaxes to help orient people to how roleplay should be handled on the main server. Now onto my GM experience. During spring of 2019 I was a gamemaster on a somewhat populated serious PvE MilRP under shrimps. The gamemaster position was made to be an IC position called ONI. This position is like Navy on SWRP. It requires a very good communication with players and good roleplay just in comms as well as with setting up events things can go not according to plan and that requires you act accordingly, this happened sometimes due to poor VJ Base setup and I would need to act fast to make sure things still move smooth. Despite this being the only time as GM I would say it gave me the ready and know how for being a gamemaster.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details 

Community Ban in August 2018 for MassRDM and toxicity.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Everyday for 5-6+ hours

In your own words, what are the  responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:

The responsibilities of a Gamemaster is to be able to provide quality events at a decent interval and provide more experiences to players on the server. Gamemasters also have a very important duty of encouraging roleplay and helping newer players learn how to roleplay in a serious environment like Star Wars RP is. Gamemasters also along with doing large events need to do short/small events and keep the player base lively.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: 

I would be able to contribute to RP with a gamemaster rank due to my experience. While I only had one rank as gamemaster in the past I am able to create very good ideas for events and help lead players in role playing correctly. With hosting an event I am able to be many different characters and create all different types of scenarios for each battalion to use their specialty in and learn to roleplay with it efficiently.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:

My most creative event for roleplay would be a campaign timeline. Now I am aware that Phantom is already doing a much larger scale campaign. My idea is more side operation campaigns. Currently we have Kashyyyk, Lunar Base and Geonosis for maps. For my example I’ll use Kashyyyk and the 41st (Yes, I know Kashyyyk didn’t have 41st on the planet yet but custom timeline so yeah). The campaign for the 41st would start on whatever base we would be on at the time and explain what the campaign will be (Droid invasion, save da wookies, it can range). From there we would travel to Kashyyyk (event server) and begin the event there. Something I would like to do is have them be on a Venator or some other type of  ship and have a small droid attack just to have some side combat and keep players interested. After arriving I will set up objectives. The first one would be holding off a CIS push for about 3 minutes, next would be attacking CIS outposts and taking them over. A side objective for the 41st would be scouting an objective and reporting in anything found then securing the side area. This event would be very heavily combat based and will give the 41st the ability to call strafe runs or other types of reinforcements to assist the 41st. As well I would also be having myself or someone else play as a Super Battle Droid or some type of powerful droid to spice up the difficulty of the event. Just a disclaimer is that this is just one type of smaller scale campaign for the 41st, for other battalions I would obviously need to make the event based on the map but 41st and Kashyyyk go together well so that is why I used it for this example. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event 1 : Small scale, Outpost Attack and Defense. A battalion or 2 will be attacking one outpost and securing it, then a droid assault will attack the outpost and they will need to defend and evac through many waves of droids

Event 2 : Search and Rescue. A V-Wing scout was sent out to scout out droid presence but went down due to unknown causes, a battalion is sent for search but is met by Commando Droids. They will extract the pilot and have MedRP done on the pilot

Event 3 : Lunar Base event : the CIS have set up a base on the moon of Anaxes. A Battalion is sent up with RANCOR or RC (or none) and secure the base and find any intel then return to base

Event 4 : A researcher is spotted on Anaxes developing a strong weapon for the CIS to use against the Republic, a scout batallion must follow the weapon maker and try to arrest him and extract him to base.

Event 5 : A full scale droids assault on the Anaxes base. MTT’s, AAT’s and Vultures would be used. The story behind this would be from the kidnap of the researcher. There would be 2+ actual players used as Super Battle Droids and Droidekas. The clones would need to hold off the attack until an acclimator can arrive to extract the researcher with a LAAT.

Edited by Swigs2
Spacing, Referrals updated
  • Cringe 1

Pros:

Does have experience, and as a former GM I know more than most how much experience accounts for.

Cons:

Does have a community ban for MassRDM (It was 2 years ago so I’ll consider it negligible)

The most creative event idea was not as “unique” or “innovative” as I would’ve hoped, as a GM you need to continue to innovate and create NEW and original ideas, which is very important as to not burn the player base out with monotonous events.  Additionally the creative event idea was very vague, and it seems it was almost intentionally avoiding specifics (indicating a subpar effort), using “some” “something like” “some type of” on numerous occasions.

The 5 unique event event ideas were not elaborated upon, not giving me any ideas as to your creative ability.  Additionally, many were events I’ve seen before and seem to follow the basic “attack droids” or “defend against droids” formula, rather than innovating new storylines and elaborating on other things that the clones did during the war.  For example, clones aided in humanitarian relief efforts.  If lacking inspiration, the Grand Army of the Republic emulated the US forces around the world.

Edited by Deeko

Please add some more to your events remember events done always go as planned 

"Event 4 : A researcher is spotted on Anaxes developing a strong weapon for the CIS to use against the Republic, a scout batallion must follow the weapon maker and try to arrest him and extract him to base."  This is a good idea but what is the researcher has reinforcements or some type of help or what kind of weapon is that what happens if the researcher isn't actually the person they were looking for or what happens if the battalions captured just more just add more to it I think all of these you could tweak a little bit to give then that extra and to push them over the edge to make them good events like I'm saying it's bad but I'm just saying you need a little bit more just give me a little bit more of how you think this event will go and what happens if it goes good when it goes bad gives both sides you see these ideas you might actually use all I'm saying is put more time into this  

And I get you have former experience but I have never seen you myself to know how you handle pressure because I have done events before on drp and swrp  it might not be the same as your other server -1 

Grand Daddy Stalin

Sorry for no punctuation but not sorry

• 2 weeks later...

-1 Definitely isnt capable of becoming a gamemaster. 

This is from personalexperience so it may be one sides however, I have almost never personally see swigs show any form maturity or a sense of "balance" in any situation that requires his attention. He clearly would not be able to perform events that require every players participation, devotion, & interest. I dont think he would be able to give everyone the experience they need rather than a select few he enjoys spending time with. Disclaimer: this is all from experience with swigs on the Military RP and other servers but not the new SWRP his intentions may have changed by I almost 100% doubt it. Every interaction I have had with him has came out negative and he never attempts to come to a compromise with me usually ending the conversation in a joke or disrespect. Ontop of his application being half assed (In my opinon) and barely meeting requirements.

Just to "add onto" the server you got game master on shut down in almost less than a month and you hosted almost no major events I wouldnt even count that as experience at the least.

Edited by horsegarrysmod
  • Cringe 4
  • Disagree 2
9 minutes ago, Jackal said:

This is coming from a person who has been completely disconnected from the community as a result of community bans, can barely form sentences without errors/repetition, and is Horse. Your opinion is such an outdated and biased one to where you are practically shitposting. You mention the application being halfassed but like I mentioned you can barely spell.

Also, I might as well take the time to +1 this app finally. Swigs is one hundred percent capable of being game master due to him knowing the lore behind star wars as well as knowing how to RP extremely well. Furthermore, Swigs has been part of the community for a long time and has seen it transition and was around to adapt to it. As a result, he isn't out of his depth at all.

You are disrespecting me instead of providing examples/facts of how swigs can rather help and improve the community. Instead of retorting as you so did i'm simply just stating my opinion and unfortunately you arguing with me wont change it. (Its late forgive me for my typos lord)

Edited by horsegarrysmod
  • Cringe 1
2 hours ago, horsegarrysmod said:

-1 Definitely isnt capable of becoming a gamemaster. 

You can’t really make this claim as you not only don’t play SWRP, but have no experience to speak from. 

person experience

To back up my previous claim and to nod to yours, I myself have a lot of personal experience with you. So I say that you have no experience to speak from because from all of the communities I found you on, you failed to receive any sort of staff/gamemaster position and were community banned from most of them. If we’re talking “personal experience”, Swigs has been in several RP-heavy communities and servers where he proved more than capable. So continuing on, from my “personal experience”, you shouldn’t even be allowed on these forums. 

never personally see swigs show any form maturity or a sense of "balance" in any situation that requires his attention. 

As Jackal stated, you’re heavily disconnected from the community. He currently holds one of the most sought after positions on the server that requires a heavy roleplay experience. 

this is all from expierence with swigs on the Military RP and other servers but not the new SWRP his intentions may have changed by I almost 100% doubt it

You mean from all the servers where he held a gamemaster rank and you were community banned? 

Every interatcion I have had with him has came out negative and he never attempts to come to a compromise 

This is so ironic and anyone can vouch for me lmao

Just to "add onto" the server you got game master on shut down in almost less than a month and you hosted almost no major events

That’s funny because I was apart of the same gamemaster team and we held a lot of major events.

Gonna take this opportunity to +1 the application as I’ve seen Swigs first hand in several different RP based communities. He translates that well over to SWRP and would be a big help.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

@Jackal I dont want to continue this so this will be my last post its swigs application and it shouldnt be clogged with useless banter. I can see your point me not seeing how swigs has acted in game clearly should point to the fact that I shouldnt have a say on whether or not he becomes gamemaster. However, I have recently been playing on the server even though you may not have seen I have reached the rank of PPS (1 Rank below 2LT) even though I havent communicated to most players I still have been watching Garnet Gaming grow... as stated my opinion was purely based on the past just like how everything you are saying abt me is based on the past. Swigs may have changed from the 1-2 Months I have been gone but like I said I doubt it it's purely my opinion on him and management can decide whether or not to take it into consideration.

21 minutes ago, horsegarrysmod said:

@Jackal I dont want to continue this so this will be my last post its swigs application and it shouldnt be clogged with useless banter. I can see your point me not seeing how swigs has acted in game clearly should point to the fact that I shouldnt have a say on whether or not he becomes gamemaster. However, I have recently been playing on the server even though you may not have seen I have reached the rank of PPS (1 Rank below 2LT) even though I havent communicated to most players I still have been watching Garnet Gaming grow... as stated my opinion was purely based on the past just like how everything you are saying abt me is based on the past. Swigs may have changed from the 1-2 Months I have been gone but like I said I doubt it it's purely my opinion on him and management can decide whether or not to take it into consideration.

mm, you can’t make a judgement about someone if you haven’t seen/talked to them in 2 months. That’s completely out of pocket. Secondly, the way you’re responding to this application shows how ignorant and immature you are. Not only can you not type proper English but the points you’re making a severely invalid. Please take yourself back to the MilitaryRP forum section where you belong and stay out of StarWarsRP. 

I’m also going to take the time to +1 Swigs. He’s done an excellent job as Fixer and I believe his work in RC will translate extremely well into the rank of GameMaster.

• Like 1

+1  Your first post was crude and very half assed. But you came back with strong and very positive event ideas out of nowhere. I'm glad to say I 100% support your addition to the GM team. Also from the few times we have met you're a great person to be around. Good luck my friend. 

Edited by Gamma
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1 going to agree with gam gam on this one, you've shown that you have the dedication and overall ideas to hold a position in game masters. Along with that you've been a great asset to helping with the server.  Goodluck swigs!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1