DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Application process idea

Description: So just a thought for y’all staff dudes and ladies(just lynde I’m sure)... why not make it so that when a user decides to submit their staff apps it doesn’t allow them to see the comments on it until the final result? I’ve seen far too often on servers people get super toxic in replying to negative feedback from a response they get. Should current staff have a question about what was said in the application, then only senior member of staff can message the player to get further clarification or gain context on the issue. Like I said it’s only just a suggestion, on my server I’m staff on, won’t name it for advertising purposes of course, we do this. 

Reasoning: it will prevent ill feelings towards those who maybe voted -1 and that way it remains anonymous. Sometimes the anticipation is also worth the wait. 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] none 
  • Disagree 2

No. This can't work for multiple reasons:

1: This would require permissions set up both on all users of the forums and the staff application section of DarkRP. I am not saying this is difficult for Garnet to do, but seems rather worthless to have at the moment. No offence. 

2: You are asking senior staff to add an additional pile of work to their already high workload currently. By asking us to constantly follow through with people on small clarifications they can just say themselves, you are creating unneded stress and work for the people already making the decision on whether the applicant should or shouldn't be accepted. Why do this?

• Agree 2

-1 I think it is important that people are able to see and react to comments on their application. If they react in a toxic manner, then that reflects poorly on their application and their character. Any toxic behavior will show that the person is not fit to be staff. It is too important for a potential staff member to understand why they did or didn't get accepted.