heffe's ban appeal

heffe

In-game name: heffe
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 
Staff members in-game name: graykidz
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): where am i supposed to get this i genuinly dont know, in fact sureley other server staff already have this.
Date & Time of incident: 16/04/2020 20:40pm
Timezone: gmt
Ban Reason: mass rdm
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: is this really necesary like danm, graykidz is my witness, he can testify i was banned.
What happened? (include any proof):  right so i didnt know this but for some reason if you want to rob someones house you have to alert everyone before you do it, because that makes sense. i would have done this if i knew butanyway so i raided this base and shot 2 guys dead. i started on the next door when the 2 guys came back, breaking nlr and i kill 1 and the other kills me. graykidz told me i mass rdmed so ill get a 2 week ban and i told him that i was happy to discuss it but all of the staff were non cooperative at the time on the server. at the time i didnt understand why i was being banned and i was asking for them to explain it better and then i was banned. the 2 guys who broke nlr got away with it for some reason. 
Why should your ban be removed?: i didnt know i had to advert raid, i had seen high level players kill players for saying the wrong thing and i had been killed for saying the wrong thing too, which i reported and nobody came.  i only killed 2 people, even if you think its mass rdm. staff were very uncooperative, i wanted to talk about it before going to forums to settle it then and there but no, idk why you expect proof like as if i would make this stuff up and as if graykidz would deny this stuff. 

-1. You can go take a screenshot for proof of ban but we can also just do /po then ur steam id to check. Like said above you admitted to mass rdming and you have to read the rules before playing on a server. @Graykidz (I believe this is ur acc I’m pining you so you get a notification). 

I’ll clear it up a little Incase you come play again. Before you raid you have to do /advert raid and when you die/ are done with the raid you do /advert over. By not doing this you are able to be banned for mass rdm because you didn’t advert it. Gray is in the right here

• Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

-1 just saying what dark rp server allows you to raid without adverting it first, should have  read the rules !motd before playing it is know ones fault but yours sir, if you deiced to come back after ban or get unbanned please read the rules if you do not understand any rules any of us on the staff team will be glad to help you out weather you message us on here or /report yourself with reason question about a rule

• Agree 1

-1 in your appeal you admitted to mass rdm ing 

you should have know to /advert raid before you raid and motd is the first thing you see when you join and mass rdm is killing people for no rp reason 3 times it does not matter if they are same or different

Edited by MeLikeFood
13 hours ago, Chawhead said:

-1 just saying what dark rp server allows you to raid without adverting it first, should have  read the rules !motd before playing it is know ones fault but yours sir, if you deiced to come back after ban or get unbanned please read the rules if you do not understand any rules any of us on the staff team will be glad to help you out weather you message us on here or /report yourself with reason question about a rule

I had never been on a darkrp server where I had to advert a raid before. I have 1700 hours on gmod. 

What sense does that make? I want to steal from you, no you can't, you didn't advertise it. 

About the rules, when I joined there were high level players killing because they felt like it, I was killed multiple times, which I reported 20 minutes before any of this happened. Nobody came to my reports. I used staff chat and still no response.

How can the rules mean anything if reports are ignored and staff only are unresponsive. 

The staff were not answering my questions, I find hard to beleive that staff are any different now. 

3 hours ago, MeLikeFood said:

-1 in your appeal you admitted to mass rdm ing 

you should have know to /advert raid before you raid and motd is the first thing you see when you join and mass rdm is killing people for no rp reason 3 times it does not matter if they are same or different

I had a reason tho. I was raiding. And the third rdm should not count, he broke nlr. 

I should be warned for not adverting raid. 

Also in your words mass rdm is killing people, I killed 2 people. 

Also the staff never punished those guys for nlr. Again, devaluing the rules in general. 

10 minutes ago, heffe said:

I had never been on a darkrp server where I had to advert a raid before. I have 1700 hours on gmod. 

What sense does that make? I want to steal from you, no you can't, you didn't advertise it. 

About the rules, when I joined there were high level players killing because they felt like it, I was killed multiple times, which I reported 20 minutes before any of this happened. Nobody came to my reports. I used staff chat and still no response.

How can the rules mean anything if reports are ignored and staff only are unresponsive. 

The staff were not answering my questions, I find hard to beleive that staff are any different now. 

1. We don’t respond to @ chat. 2. When was this ? Most of our team is east coast etc so if you are playing at times where most of us are asleep I doubt anyone was really on besides gray kids. And hey even if gray kids is on he doesn’t need to take every single sit in the world because it starts to get hetic. 3. It’s fine if you don’t understand a rule that’s why I and others explained it to you. Ignorance is not a excuse seeing how the motd pops up when you join and you can easily just take a quick read through. Regardless if no other server has rules like ours maybe you should’ve read them before playing? That’s like going to another country and only following your country’s rules.

also adding on to what you just said. Yeah gray kids should’ve got those guys with the NLR stuff then banned you. They did break nlr but you killed 2 guys in the base then another random guy outside ? Then the guys who committed nlr came back? We would need some logs of this I’m trying to get ahold of gray. But regardless you did admit to massing....

also adding on to this. If the mass rdm isn’t in place you would be banned for 4 days for NITRP (no intent to RP) for not adverting raid then killing two people.

Edited by StevieT
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, StevieT said:

1. We don’t respond to @ chat. 2. When was this ? Most of our team is east coast etc so if you are playing at times where most of us are asleep I doubt anyone was really on besides gray kids. And hey even if gray kids is on he doesn’t need to take every single sit in the world because it starts to get hetic. 3. It’s fine if you don’t understand a rule that’s why I and others explained it to you. Ignorance is not a excuse seeing how the motd pops up when you join and you can easily just take a quick read through. Regardless if no other server has rules like ours maybe you should’ve read them before playing? That’s like going to another country and only following your country’s rules.

also adding on to what you just said. Yeah gray kids should’ve got those guys with the NLR stuff then banned you. They did break nlr but you killed 2 guys in the base then another random guy outside ? Then the guys who committed nlr came back? We would need some logs of this I’m trying to get ahold of gray

If admins don't respond to staff chat, how am I supposed to get an issue sorted? Reporting didn't work when I was rdmed multiple times. It just devalues the rules. 

There were multiple staff on when I reported, so no matter how hectic it is my 20 old report should have been priorotised. 

Graykidz was not the only admin online, there were 2 staff sorting my sit for the 2 week ban and when I was banned poggers was there beside Graykidz. 

Why was my 20 minute old report delayed for a report that was 3 minutes old? 

The motd doesn't load when I spawn in, it just says "loading..." 

I dislike you comparing server rules to law. In this comparison I would have been able to talk to the admins Before being punished, not after. 

10 minutes ago, heffe said:

If admins don't respond to staff chat, how am I supposed to get an issue sorted? Reporting didn't work when I was rdmed multiple times. It just devalues the rules. 

There were multiple staff on when I reported, so no matter how hectic it is my 20 old report should have been priorotised. 

Graykidz was not the only admin online, there were 2 staff sorting my sit for the 2 week ban and when I was banned poggers was there beside Graykidz. 

I dislike you comparing server rules to law. In this comparison I would have been able to talk to the admins Before being punished, not after. 

1. @ chat is used for staff to communicate to staff. 2. If you could give me some names that would be nice because it’s only a select few out of the many on our staff team that only takes sits. 3. Sometimes the report doesn’t even pop up. I joined and there was a full thing of reports before but I didn’t even see it. Regardless most staff just pick the top one and work their way down . 4 then click out of it and hit f1 or hit f4 and find the rules there. I can even link you it here if you want. 5. I made a comparison with law because it wouldn’t make sense to do exactly the same stuff from one community to the next without thinking hey maybe there are new rules that aren’t here 

Edited by StevieT
5 minutes ago, heffe said:

I will give it to you, the MOTD is broken for some odd reason. However, that's still not an excuse as you can go: "Hey, can someone link me the server rules? The MOTD isn't working." The website is also advertised on the server, so there's multiple ways you could've looked at the rules. Once again, ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the rules. In the report menu, there isn't a time listed for when each report was made, and even if there was, staff isn't required to take a sit that's the oldest. And yes, staff is not going to be able to punish everyone because of situations like this. Does it suck and are there people who deserve punishments too? Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should get unbanned as well. If you want to make a report on them, make the report here on the forums along with evidence to prove they broke some rules. It's as simple as that.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I will give it to you, the MOTD is broken for some odd reason. However, that's still not an excuse as you can go: "Hey, can someone link me the server rules? The MOTD isn't working." The website is also advertised on the server, so there's multiple ways you could've looked at the rules. Once again, ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the rules. In the report menu, there isn't a time listed for when each report was made, and even if there was, staff isn't required to take a sit that's the oldest. And yes, staff is not going to be able to punish everyone because of situations like this. Does it suck and are there people who deserve punishments too? Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should get unbanned as well. If you want to make a report on them, make the report here on the forums along with evidence to prove they broke some rules. It's as simple as that.

The staff were unresponsive, if I make a report for rdm x2 and they don't respond, what makes me beleive they would respond If I want to see the rules? They didn't respond to my staff message but I was told that that's for staff only. 

If there isn't a time listed in the reports menu, maybe that's an issue with the server. 

I asked graykidz about warning those guys and he willingly let them off, it's not that he didn't get the chance or missed it. It was willfully. 

So if staff can punish whoever they like, who says staff arnt baised? This leaves you wide open for baised staff. 

The fact that staff let certain people break rules and not others just make the rules less valued and make punishments look random or baised. 

Just now, heffe said:

The staff were unresponsive, if I make a report for rdm x2 and they don't respond, what makes me beleive they would respond If I want to see the rules? They didn't respond to my staff message but I was told that that's for staff only. 

If there isn't a time listed in the reports menu, maybe that's an issue with the server. 

I asked graykidz about warning those guys and he willingly let them off, it's not that he didn't get the chance or missed it. It was willfully. 

So if staff can punish whoever they like, who says staff arnt baised? This leaves you wide open for baised staff. 

The fact that staff let certain people break rules and not others just make the rules less valued and make punishments look random or baised. 

Again, I said the forums are advertised on the servers, which you could've looked at to find the rules yourself. @ Is for staff only.

That isn't the issue, though. Even if there was a time listed, it doesn't mean they have to take the oldest report. Staff want to play a bit too. Some are probably afk as well, and one or two staff members don't want to sift through all of the reports because it becomes irritating and stressful. Staff are humans too, they're not robots who are perfect at everything. Furthermore, it isn't biased because he didn't punish them. The sit is about YOU, not them. He does not have to punish them in the sit about YOU. Like I said in my last post, if you feel someone wasn't punished accordingly, you can make a report here on the forums about them, provided you have the evidence to back up your claims.