[MRP] Spring Cleaning

shrimp

2 minutes ago, Romulus said:

No you arent supposed to stay in one faction your entire playtime. You are supposed to progress through the Tiers, however reserves are handed out to random people who join the faction and get bored and decide to leave, which is not the correct use of it. Reserves are for People who cannot get on and to people who benefited a faction immensely.

I didnt say that, I was calling out Homast for that

3 minutes ago, Romulus said:

This is a statement I Heavily disagree with. No breaking your pinky finger is not enough for medical reserves, but if you look at the past medical reserve discharges you will see cases of Cancer and Mental Illness. Being medically discharged is what happens when you physically cant get on a server due to your condition. If you love a faction but want to progress, just leave. If you feel like going back just pass their tryouts again, really not that hard. And yes you can help with other factions tryouts in a seperate faction. I used to do it all the time with SEALs. Just because you arent in a faction doesnt mean you cant benefit it.

I dont disagree with the Medical Reason thing, I disagree on how only IRL reasons are valid for getting reserves.

If you have Medical issues then go ahead and get reserves
But it shouldnt be Medical / IRL reasons ONLY to get reserves, there should be other reasons that are in-game related

2 minutes ago, Homast said:

That's up to the person conducting the tryouts.
Where in the rules does it say that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any current SOC faction leader would let a base faction sim in their tryouts in place of one of their own members/reserves. Not only would it look bad, but it would defeat the purpose of the tryout.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Reserves shouldn't sim in my opinion. Only ACTIVE faction members should.

What if the faction holding the tryouts need 1 more person to hold tryouts, That means either A) They cancel tryouts or B) Get someone who is reserves to help them out and complete their numbers

3 minutes ago, Homast said:

That's up to the person conducting the tryouts.
Where in the rules does it say that?

Not having reserves means you dont have the WLs
How are you gonna sim without the wls?

3 minutes ago, Homast said:

Help Players by becoming an Officer in a T3/T2 Faction, thus improving the server,
OR
Be in the T1 Faction, Helping to improve the server through extensive Roleplay.
OR
T2 Factions are the middle ground between the New player experience and the Roleplay Heavy experience. Help players get into the roleplay experience, and warm them up to the server community.

This isnt really something to rely on
I went from T1 -> T2 -> T3 -> Army -> 2GA -> T2
There isnt a specific routine for players
You join whatever faction you want with your own will and intentions

• 300 IQ 1
3 minutes ago, Lark said:

What if the faction holding the tryouts need 1 more person to hold tryouts, That means either A) They cancel tryouts or B) Get someone who is reserves to help them out and complete their numbers

Don't host tryouts unless you have people on? Its quite simple really factions should not hold tryouts if they don't have a good amount of members on!

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Don't host tryouts unless you have people on? Its quite simple really factions should not hold tryouts if they don't have a good amount of members on!

When they have 2 people and they know theres someone who has reserves they can easily ask him to get on the WL and help them.....

1 minute ago, Lark said:

When they have 2 people and they know theres someone who has reserves they can easily ask him to get on the WL and help them.....

1 word No. If they want someone to sim who has been in the faction get staff to set job. Your argument is invalid at this moment.

Edited by Zephyr
5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Would not apply to factions who are “dead” and/or don’t have active members. It’d be quite hard to hold tryouts with just yourself. 
hence asking previous members to hop on their reserves to help would be a good idea lol

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, PraetorDon said:

This part of your thread basically shows to me that you don't value the opinions of others, which really invalidates anything else you might say in this thread, sorry. Let's keep it professional.

It's not that the he doesn't care for other's opinions, it's the fact that usually when it comes to making suggestions/changes to the way factions are allowed to behave, they go full baby wah-wah and act entitled to "their" faction. He's not in any way wrong here, the faction leaders don't own the factions, they don't own anything. That entitlement and raging against the authority when staff looks at a faction has happened many times. What he said only REALLY invalidates the thread if you're one of those leaders.

So are you one of those leaders?

As for the thread, a lot of what is stated here can do a lot of good in terms of pushing factions as a whole (both RU and US) in the right direction. In terms of attitude the MRP has seen a lot of either entitlement or abandonment in it's faction leaders. Not to say that they are ALL this way, but certainly there's a trend that was started due to lack of oversight by the staff team. A lot of people cry injustice when staff decides to take an active role in the way factions choose to behave, again due to lack of oversight for some time.

Setting a standard that faction leaders can't change certain things on their own will definitely help with consistency in a faction, after all why fix something that isn't broken? If a faction is doing good, why change everything up and try too hard to differentiate the faction from what it has been in it's better days?

As for reserves, allowing staff to provide input on who should be getting reserves could cut down on the amount of faction hopping seen on the server. I noticed a lot of "Well why can't I have X reserves?" when I was manager. I don't think someone that led a faction for a week and quit should have officer ranked reserves, yet it's a huge travesty and garners a lot of hate when something is done to prevent that. Personally one thing I was interested in doing when I was manager was to set a cooldown on how soon after leaving a faction, you could join another one. Kind of like a rank cooldown. But this never came to be.

Either way, I think this thread should be looked at and a lot of the key points (especially relating to staff) should be considered. 

• Cringe 4
  • Toxic 1
  • 300 IQ 1

+1

And here's why:

MRP has been needing of an overhaul for a while now. All it has become is play war, get promoted. Recently the player base has been organizing RP events, and I really appreciate people like bishop and Stork for putting in so much work. However, when it comes down to it, implementation of both new features, factions, and a set guideline for certain things is much needed. I've talked to shrimp about a lot of the things in his overhaul idea, he has been working on it for a long time and has been working very hard. I do think OMRP will bring more to the server, each side will have the same amount of factions with the same structure. Addition of a rule on enlisted cooldowns has been needed for a long time. Overall I think this is great, a few things may need to be tweaked here and there, maybe some things completely changed out right. But overall I think a full overhaul is much needed for the server.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Kendal said:

It's not that the he doesn't care for other's opinions, it's the fact that usually when it comes to making suggestions/changes to the way factions are allowed to behave, they go full baby wah-wah and act entitled to "their" faction. He's not in any way wrong here, the faction leaders don't own the factions, they don't own anything. That entitlement and raging against the authority when staff looks at a faction has happened many times. What he said only REALLY invalidates the thread if you're one of those leaders.

But thats not fully right either. This server is a lot different from others one example being that factions do have that autonomy and that faction leaders have the right to change or control there faction within reason. So it is fully in the right of the leader and current enlisted in the faction to have a proper say in the faction they are actually apart of. EVEN if it is in direct contradiction to a staff member because staff should be the ones making sure the leaders aren't inactive and or breaking rules or not accounting their members for breaking rules . Not actively taking direct control of a faction and saying you are doing this now because someone who's never been in your faction said so on fourms.

Edited by Rem_Paki
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

@Lark @Homast chill with spamming the thread please. 

Now this might be a unique circumstance but I’ve always been welcome to assist with tryouts when called upon. When I lost GB reserves on Desert due to a wipe, I was still able to help. Hell, Ethan literally gave me GRU and SSO to help with tryouts and I was never in the factions. That is definitely rare occurrence and a product of low population in his factions but you can certainly help without having reserves.

Personally, I feel like the idea of calculated progression and matching the countries is overblown. Calling it alarming seems quite dramatic. While the idea of having progression is great, forcing it seems ridiculous. Since I’ve joined the community and subsequently rejoined, the US has had  4 factions cycle through being the “Tier 1”. You can try to install progressions and designated tiers for factions but it’s always going to come down to who’s in it. I’ve seen Seals, MARSOC, GB, and DF all be the best SOC throughout my time.

Factions having their specialities is a good touch for RP and the event server so I don’t see an issue with that.

Staff intervention as it pertains to factions hasn’t been executed properly since Phantom was an SA circa v3/Siberia. Faction leaders should be policed, don’t get me wrong. However I’m in favor of them being more autonomous than not. Managers having access to faction docs was something I highly disagreed with Jackal on back on Desert, but I now see the value. Things such as reserves and promos should be monitored, whereas tryouts and faction rules should be up to the leaders.

Honestly the biggest shock to me is how out-of-touch people are with how Russia operates. People can go to ANYWHERE out of 2GA. Least often Vega, but they go to PDSS, SSO, and GRU. The idea of anything but that is just plain ignorant.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
51 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

1 word No. If they want someone to sim who has been in the faction get staff to set job. Your argument is invalid at this moment.

Oh so staff members give out jobs to everyone

• Cringe 1
3 minutes ago, Romulus said:

No, if you werent aware, staff can set jobs without giving the whitelist. And even with the problem of the person not wanting to get of the class you can still force them off of it with the whitelist system.

So if a 2GA guy wanted to help with tryout hed just get staff to set his job and just help a random ass soc?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines