DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Agent Tzars Warn Appeal

Tzar

In-game name: Agent Tzar
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:140210729
Staff members in-game name: Azaziel
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:78948663
Date & Time of incident: 2020/4/21 (3:40 PM)
Timezone: PST
Warn Reason: False Report
What happened? (include any proof): I was messing around outside of Knoxx's hobo base and half of his base was above the ground in the sky, I misinterpreted that this was a sky base and it was fail. I reported Knoxx and after a bit of back and forth I was warned for false report.
spacer.png
spacer.png
Why should your warn be removed?: Because I genuinely thought that his base was a fail, since in the past I had seen many people get reported and warned for even small sky bases, so in that moment I reported Knoxx thinking it was against the rules what he had. Apparently I was wrong and I am going to reread that rule again. It was a mistake on my part to think that his base was too big and therefor against the rules, but apparently it was just fine. At least I now know that the smallest sky bases are OK?

Basically, at the time of the report I thought it was against the rules for all sky bases to exist, and I was proven wrong.

• Agree 1

You were only reporting knoxx because you wanted him punished without reading all the rules properly, you and him were both fighting before hand so you tried reporting for the most pettiest thing. Knoxx didn't like that so he reported you and wanted you warned for false report for wasting the staffs time and his time. you were also very toxic within the sit twisting knoxx's words to make him sound bad/disgusting until he reported you and you became very innocent pretending you didn't know what you was doing.

edit- this was tzar twisting knoxx's word. its hard to hear I know, all the clip is like this but you can hear him say back to knoxx "what? do you rape them?" which is toxic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocpj2-wAMYc

Edited by Spilq2
  • Informative 1
Just now, Spilq2 said:

You were only reporting knoxx because you wanted him punished without reading all the rules properly, you and him were both fighting before hand so you tried reporting for the most pettiest thing. Knoxx didn't like that so he reported you and wanted you warned for false report for wasting the staffs time and his time. you were also very toxic within the sit twisting knoxx's words to make him sound bad/disgusting until he reported you and you became very innocent pretending you didn't know what you was doing.

I was not going to report him unless I had a good reason. I thought he had a fail base so I reported it. And about being toxic, I never actually insulted him, at that moment I just added what I thought he meant with his words. Is there an issue with that? Also, I have been told that you and Knoxx are good friends by some people, so this is an issue of bias too.

2 minutes ago, azzaziel said:

spilq sums it up yo did not read the rules and made a false report it was a real false report so im sorry but ima say it has to stay warned

p.s its not a fail base it was a hobo hut 

I have seen hobos get warned for sky base.

6 minutes ago, Spilq2 said:

I kinda wanted to stay out of this but fuck it,

i was in a call with tzar and he said look knoxx has a failbase and i said OK then report it.

I dont remember anything about him being toxic or trying to get on knoxxes nerves.

I agree with him being a little petty, but warning someone who honestly believed someone was breaking the rules is fucking stupid.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, azzaziel said:

tzar i cant control other staff choices i took the proper way of doing it other staff may not have done this but the rules are rules it was a valid false sit and will be treated as it i still stand on my point

It is ok to have your opinion. I just think that because at that point I genuinely thought he broke the rules I should have reported him, and Justice also agreed. 
Thanks for trying to solve this.

Edited by Tzar
4 minutes ago, azzaziel said:

this could be avoided if you just read the rules like sqilq said i did see you and knoxx argueing then you reported him so like i said i agree with sqilq 100% i still say that you deserve the warn my guy sorry 

If you say so.

Considering the nature of this case, I can see how it would be hard to come to a quick decision on this. Since it is not a fairly worrisome warn and there are multiple people saying they witnessed toxicity I am at odds as to how to go about this. It was a false report even if you didn't know at the time, and basing rules are written in the rule page. Regardless of any toxicity that may or may not have been involved, since we have no video of this, I have to base my decision off of the rule broken to receive the warn, and from what I can see it was a false report. -1

im gonna 1+ this for now because from what i know most false reports are someone reporting someone and reason being bitch and if you thought it was a report that was valid then you should not be warned. staff always say use /report and thats what he did but tbh staff have thier own ways

• Agree 1

+1. Since I've failed to spot any sort of evidence of Tzar being toxic in the sit, im going to have to say this False Report warn was almost completely unwarranted. @Spilq2 You should know better as a Senior Admin that if a player does indeed file a report against another player (but they're mistaking a rule), they should be informed of the correct way. In my eyes, without any other knowledge other than replies and the report itself, you've mishandled this report. The only times the False Report warn is applicable is when a player is harrassing another player/staff, or spamming the reports, you cannot warn someone for False Report if they made a mistake. If I see another user use the explanation of "The rules are clearly listed on the forums and are the first thing you see when connecting" to warn someone for False Report, you fail to realise Staff are there to ensure the fun is unrestricted by other players. If you, as a member of the staff team, think that you are meant to punish a player for every little mistake they make, you really should either find another server or fix yourself.

+1 Very subjective evidence, false report is more reserved for joke reports or report spam, not with users who may or may not have an issue with a player breaking a perceived rule, even if you think it is sort of a revenge report, just find the innocent/ guilty party, and resolve it, simple as that.

15 minutes ago, Kicks said:

+1. Since I've failed to spot any sort of evidence of Tzar being toxic in the sit, im going to have to say this False Report warn was almost completely unwarranted. @Spilq2 You should know better as a Senior Admin that if a player does indeed file a report against another player (but they're mistaking a rule), they should be informed of the correct way. In my eyes, without any other knowledge other than replies and the report itself, you've mishandled this report. The only times the False Report warn is applicable is when a player is harrassing another player/staff, or spamming the reports, you cannot warn someone for False Report if they made a mistake. If I see another user use the explanation of "The rules are clearly listed on the forums and are the first thing you see when connecting" to warn someone for False Report, you fail to realise Staff are there to ensure the fun is unrestricted by other players. If you, as a member of the staff team, think that you are meant to punish a player for every little mistake they make, you really should either find another server or fix yourself.

the warn wasn't for being toxic in the sit that was just extra information, the sit was handled but then knoxx reported tzar for making a false report. he wanted him warned since the report was indeed false, I was never pushing towards the warn as you can see in the picture I asked knoxx before I resolved the sit. 

If I see another user use the explanation of "The rules are clearly listed on the forums and are the first thing you see when connecting"

I don't recall saying this at all

If you, as a member of the staff team, think that you are meant to punish a player for every little mistake they make, you really should either find another server or fix yourself.

it wasn't my choice to warn him as I asked the reporter if he wanted the warn or if he wanted to let it go which is allowed as most staff let the reporter decide in most cases.

the report was false none the less, whether he deserved the warn or not is an opinion.

• Agree 1