DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Improvements to Auto-Event (Droid Invasion)

Aparh

Description: So the first Droid Invasion happened with a decent amount of people on (15-20) and it didn't go to good. Tanks were destroyed way to easily, the amount of droids spawned weren't enough to handle the small amount of people we did  have, and there wasn't much RP involved. These are the main issues that the people who attended brought up so I'm here to make it into a suggestion.

Tanks: The tanks were being absolutely demolished, with just 5 people on each tank it took a maximum of 2 minutes to destroy it, what we're suggesting is changing the position of the tank by spreading them out, and either Up the HP or Lower the damage done to them. This will allow the event to last longer rather then us finishing it within 5 minutes ( which did happen.)

Droid spawns: So Droid spawns were the same and not fast enough, with the small amount of people we had it was still a struggle to fight one of these droids, about 2 seconds after they spawned they were eliminated, I'm suggesting Spreading the spawns throughout the base at a faster pace, this will let Battalions spread out and do a full clearing while everyone still getting the same enjoyment/xp opportunities. 

RP issue: Again this could be a simple fix by even adding different spawn points throughout the base to have to breach and clear it, but another idea the community brought up was spawning them in separate outposts, like for example 1 ship spawns at OP Bravo and 1 ship @ OP zulu, this will let us devise a strategy to breach and clear each OP adding more RP and making the event more difficult. The OP Thing might have to be a separate event unless garnet can find a way to do it.

TLDR: Increase/spread out the Droid spawns throughout the base, Up the Tank HP or lower the DMG done to it and spread them out, Possibly put ships in two separate OP to increase RP.

These were not just my suggestions and were talked with the people online and this was the general consensus. 

Edited by Aparh
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

+1  The event did feel a little lackluster when we could just destroy the tanks with little to no resistance. I like the idea of putting the tanks into different OP, this will allow the factions to implement some RP into these small events. 

• Like 1

Wish you would have given other people time to play the events...

2 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

RP issue: Again this could be a simple fix by even adding different spawn points throughout the base to have to breach and clear it, but another idea the community brought up was spawning them in separate outposts, like for example 1 ship spawns at OP Bravo and 1 ship @ OP zulu, this will let us devise a strategy to breach and clear each OP adding more RP and making the event more difficult. The OP Thing might have to be a separate event unless garnet can find a way to do it.

+1

2 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

Droid spawns: So Droid spawns were the same and not fast enough, with the small amount of people we had it was still a struggle to fight one of these droids, about 2 seconds after they spawned they were eliminated, I'm suggesting Spreading the spawns throughout the base at a faster pace, this will let Battalions spread out and do a full clearing while everyone still getting the same enjoyment/xp opportunities. 

Im neutral on this as the only reason they stop spawning is because of the rate they are getting killed at. when it was just me and @Deeko I got about 80 kills and he 40+. Garnet had quite a few as well.

4 minutes ago, Oboshi said:

he Droid invasion just came out. Give it time dude, I bet the "Sith jobs" and the Droid jobs" will be in effect to in the droid invasions to make it better.

The point of these events are that they require no GM, so therefore no Droid jobs or Sith jobs would be in play. These events were created to keep us busy in down time hence, meaning Gm's probably won't be involved.

10 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Im neutral on this as the only reason they stop spawning is because of the rate they are getting killed at. when it was just me and @Deeko I got about 80 kills and he 40+. Garnet had quite a few as well.

Well, yeah, you're going to have a lot of kills if it's a small group. But looking at the highest amount before we killed the tanks was like 20 something.  And that was with 15-20 of us. If we start to get more and more, that number will drop and we'll kill the tanks even quicker. So while it's a good amount for very small groups, when we hit our higher pops in the afternoon/evening it won't be that much.

At around 30 players is when these events start to become a contest of who gets to get a droid before the next person. I'm not sure what can be done to improve it, but possible adding more droids to scale with the amount of players on and adding more spawns? 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...