DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Player Report: Buddah / Samsong

8 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

It was late at night.

Doesn’t matter.

I am a DRP manager

Nobody said you can’t have dark humor, but the rules said not to reflect it towards players, especially those who are clearly not invested in wanting to joke around with you.

Everyone else in the channel thought it was funny. 

So that makes it okay? 

There is a difference between a DDoS threat and a "death threat", if you can even call it that. 

The only difference between a DDoS threat and a death threat is one of them involves internet connection. They’re both threats.

Really? 

Okay so just because worse things are said and done, means that we should let it slide? That’s funny because “Really?” was the first thing I said when I finished reading this report.

10 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Joke or not, as reminded to the community in the past, a DDoS threat is always met with punishment.

Why would a death threat be any different, joke or not? 

12 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

I have already apologized multiple times to him. 

The victim card equivalent of “he said jk”.

13 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

the only person who seems to be taking this a little too seriously is WhiteBolt.

Maybe because you said a death threat “joke” to someone who wasn’t in a joking mood? 

14 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

I understand why you would make a comparison, but it doesn't apply.  

If this is how you interpret rules over on DarkRP as a manager, then I’m really worried for the members over there. Just because you say it “doesn’t apply”, then that means it’s okay? It’s just so crazy to me how the bar is lowered for someone with such an influence on the community, but if this were a report on any under the radar player, you yourself would be +1ing it. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

Okay I am going to say something here.... Buddha has talked to you many times and you know when he is joking around or his retarded voice I can see why you reported him but he was just being "retarded" I wouldnt take it to heart and you should really calm down. I'm not really good friends with buddha but im know enough info to know he wouldnt mean anything like that. He is really helpful in the community and he is a great person to be friends with. Just calm down on Buddha he was obviously joking around don't take it to heart. But on samsong he was fucking around I don't really see why you want to pursue this drama to the forums I know I can't say much but. Both of these guys are really great to hang around with and helpful. Just calm down on them Buddha was obviously joking around and Samsong was just being a bit retarded and fucking around.

-1 on getting either persons banned 

• Disagree 1
1 minute ago, Bishopil said:

Doesn’t matter.

Nobody said you can’t have dark humor, but the rules said not to reflect it towards players, especially those who are clearly not invested in wanting to joke around with you.

So that makes it okay? 

The only difference between a DDoS threat and a death threat is one of them involves internet connection. They’re both threats.

Okay so just because worse things are said and done, means that we should let it slide? That’s funny because “Really?” was the first thing I said when I finished reading this report.

Why would a death threat be any different, joke or not? 

The victim card equivalent of “he said jk”.

Maybe because you said a death threat “joke” to someone who wasn’t in a joking mood? 

If this is how you interpret rules over on DarkRP as a manager, then I’m really worried for the members over there. Just because you say it “doesn’t apply”, then that means it’s okay? It’s just so crazy to me how the bar is lowered for someone with such an influence on the community, but if this were a report on any under the radar player, you yourself would be +1ing it. 

I appreciate this, as you really went in depth. But there was no depth to what I said. Because I have influence doesn't mean I get away with things, nor does it mean that I have a cult that agrees with everything I have said. This was evident in my cheating report. I really felt like the report on me was a stretch, and was just added on for the sole reason of being added on. WhiteBolt used to play on DarkRP a lot. With what I would say in OOC, I am sure he could understand that I was a joking person. I say stupid shit all the time. It doesn't mean I stand by it. The same can be said about MRP. The stuff I put in OOC is dark humor, but everyone on the server differentiates it from being serious and just a joke. WhiteBolt has been around me enough, on DRP, MRP, and the forums, to know exactly what my mannerisms are. Late at night, people tend to be more mingey. You are correct in saying it doesn't make it right. I shouldn't have said that to someone I didn't know. But with all factors considered - the tone of my voice, me having 0 involvement in the entire issue, me being friends with 3/4 people in that channel, the message not being directed towards WhiteBolt, WhiteBolt already knowing what my mannerisms and tone is, and the entire conversation (not just the "threat", but the entire conversation from start to finish) - anyone can differentiate a serious threat and something to be concerned about from a joke, which I was making. Being a joke doesn't excuse it, and I have already apologized to WhiteBolt. If truly needed, I will take a warn for threatening someone. But any punishment more than this would be unwarranted. The amount of times I am told to kill myself, or something along the lines of committing suicide, in this community is too many to count. The same go for others. I don't report it, however, as 99.9 percent of the time I take it as a joke. I am an advocate for mental wellbeing, and constantly have talks with my staff members about depression and ways of combatting it. When I joke about one's life, I always make sure that everyone in the channel/group I am talking with understands it is a joke, as I would never wish harm upon another person. The bar isn't being lowered for me here - its just most people understood the context (or lack thereof) of the situation, and took it as a joke. I didn't go on and on about it. I just said one simple line that everyone else interpreted as a joke, except for WhiteBolt, who I once again have already apologized to.

13 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

WhiteBolt has been around me enough, on DRP, MRP, and the forums, to know exactly what my mannerisms are. 

Clearly not enough because he went ahead to make a full fledged report on you.

spacer.png

With that, all that’s needed to have been said has been said. Everything else you mentioned can still be combatted by my previous post. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Agree 3

Buddha, the reason you’re here (from what I can see) is because you saw a player break the rules with white lists and didn’t say anything about it and once that player got punished you went into a channel and said “you’re on a hit list” isn’t exactly the best look. It doesn’t matter if your joking or not because an stress attack on a server in Texas is taken seriously so a threat to kill someone should be taken the same. You’re a DarkRP manager and you’ve managed to get yourself in so much shit in such a short period of time it kind of shows you aren’t fit for a role like that. +1 for a ban

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

When it comes to making threats to any degree it is something that should be taken seriously on all fronts. There are people in the community that don't tread lightly on certain accounts of threats. Now, I have had a fair share of threats come my way and I decided to blow it off. But, When it comes to certain people in this community you cant go around telling people that they are on your hit list and that you plan on killing them regardless if you "said jk" or not. This is never something that should be ignored due to the fact that someone may take that seriously and end up reporting you to some type of authority. Coming from someone that holds an executive position on DarkRP it's upsetting to see an example of poor behavior to this degree. I know in your eyes you meant no harm but to someone else they make take it heavily buddha. I'm sorry that something like this came across you but you really have to take into account that people are not all the same when it comes to something like this. 

15 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Show that your willing to take responsibility after everything like an actual executive would as opposed to saying “I was just messing.”

I'm going to agree with jackal on this just because he shares the truth that you should be taking responsibility for certain actions like this, I learned that the hard way. The best way to handle a situation like this is just to apologize. You wont win every fight you enter, that is just how it is. Along with this as a manager you should be setting a solid example of maturity and not do something like this or it will make people either turn their cheek on you or the staff team that you represent. Now, in no means am I trying to seem as an asshole but its the truth. You shouldn't be fighting certain accusations like this when you know that you are in the wrong. Even if you think you are in the right you have to look at the situation and its views in full spectrum or people wont respect you and your opinions due to the immaturity. I am going to +1 this because buddha needs to be told how his actions can affect people in many different ways. I'm sorry buddha, but if you continue to do certain acts like this and end up getting reported for it, you may not be holding the same position that you are currently in. Set a good example for future reference, for the benefits of your reputation. 

really a death threat? Joke or not they should never be said. You never know what someone is going through and when you say something they may take action. It is very disturbing to know you would say something like this and then say "I was joking". Say you tell someone to kill them selves and they actually do it, saying "It WAs A JOkEEE" isnt going to help you. Lost my respect for you. Have fun dodging this hard evidence. Your ranks on DRP should be removed. BIG FUCKING +1.

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 1

Making another statement here, no I don’t know Buddha enough to know he’s joking I’m pretty sure I said that in my report. Secondly he needs to set an example he saw there was a problem and could have helped but instead he decided to wait and give me death threats at the end of a “joke” . Hahah very funny joke guys. Like seriously, by all means I even asked if he was serious and the answr was “yes” . Because even I thought he was joking maybe if he said “no” I wouldn’t have made this report. And personally I am going through some really rough patches atm with my mental health so it wasn’t all to funny for me, but that’s all. 

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 2