DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Undercover PD

Cameron

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

As of recent PD being able to raid people is almost impossible. Killboxes are extremely over powered and to even be able to raid someone a PD need SS of printers which can be hard to do when majority of people have their bases locked down like a prison. With this suggestion a player (Recommend VIP) can go undercover has many other jobs (Citizen, Gun Dealer, VIP Thief, or regular Thief). As the player goes undercover he can gather extra info. For example he switches to undercover sets his player model to thief, convinces a player to let him and now he has all the info possible to report back to the mayor or PD that the person has illegal money printers.

Now theres two ways this can be implemented.

The Hard Way - When switching to undercover you can use some type of !command to bring a UI up that changes the player model

or

Garnet sets undercover PD as a base model like Citizen and undercovers have to RP as a citizen

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

More content, buffing PD because as of now theres no other reason to be PD unless a mayor has a guns out is AOS law or a lockdown

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

I think for player models Though I would Choose either citizen

8uyBqld.png

Or I would Go with a Half Lifer Combine Model

fYSzv0y.png

Credit: @br0ken since I ripped the same link he suggested

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/v2-fresh-undercover-system-give-your-players-a-reason-to-rp-as-police

Edited by Cameron
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this a lot and I totally agree about he base being locked up like unraidable forts. For the cops to have another way to get a warrant for printers,drugs,etc by sending an undercover cop in there is brilliant. I think this could make really nice RP scenes. +1

Could be a good idea but currently nobody that bases even lets anyone in their base and there would be constant sits about police arresting undercover officers because they broke a law or something. Even if there is  a minimum level for the undercover it just proves my point even more that nobody is going to let a level 30 or so on into their base if their a civilian. In my opinion this will do more bad then good to the server and will end up in the job getting removed anyways.

Edited by Lancey Armstrong
On 5/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, Cameron said:

This addon has been used throughout multiple servers and even some of my own and despite the current reviews it leads to confusion, rule breaks, and minges. 

4 minutes ago, Lancey Armstrong said:

This addon has been used throughout multiple servers and even some of my own and despite the current reviews it leads to confusion, rule breaks, and minges. 

If garnet can get someone to make an addon where there is an NPC in the police department so you can register as an undercover that would be pretty cool, but as for the addon you guys are suggesting and for the reason it makes no sense at all. You can go and try to get into someones base and take a screenshot of the printers and give it to the police and they can raid. There's your RP you wanted without having to spend the $5.

Edited by Lancey Armstrong
3 hours ago, Lancey Armstrong said:

Could be a good idea but currently nobody that bases even lets anyone in their base and there would be constant sits about police arresting undercover officers because they broke a law or something. Even if there is  a minimum level for the undercover it just proves my point even more that nobody is going to let a level 30 or so on into their base if their a civilian. In my opinion this will do more bad then good to the server and will end up in the job getting removed anyways.

You obviously havent used the add-on 

Lets start at the first statement, "Nobody that bases even lets anyone in their base." I hope you know there are other things you can RP other than civs and thieves and that is Drug Dealers and Gun dealers. Say you go undercover and set up a gun store or drug store you go back to PD and boom set up a bust. Next, "There will be constant sits about police arresting undercovers" If you actually played servers with undercover jobs you would know that as an undercover you're not allowed to break the law so im not sure where you're going with this statement. 

Also "No one is going to let level 30's into their base" Again there would be than one job to RP as undercover as long as you follow the undercover rules.

I also play a PoliceRP server off and on with this add-on and its very useful to FBI to be able to undercover ans set up stings. Again our DarkRP isnt as serious as a PoliceRP server so if anything it would be easier to set up. VIP+ and a level cap with the job so when people play it they have no excuse to not know about the rules. Every job on DarkRP leads to "Confusion, rule breaks and minges." Which I mean you cant use "Theres minges" As an excuse because thats why servers have staff to help make sure everyone is having a good time on the server.

If garnet can get someone to make an addon where there is an NPC in the police department so you can register as an undercover that would be pretty cool, but as for the addon you guys are suggesting and for the reason it makes no sense at all. You can go and try to get into someones base and take a screenshot of the printers and give it to the police and they can raid. There's your RP you wanted without having to spend the $5.

Again this follow proves you dont know what youre talking about. The add-on is exactly what youre describing. How it works is a NPC gets placed down, you press "e" and it well allow you to select multiple Jobs to go undercover as. Next "You can go and try to get into someones base and take a screenshot of the printers and give it to the police and they can raid." You contradicted yourself with your older statements because you just said "No one lets anyone in" This is the problem police need a 1st party SS or proof of illegal items to raid and currently its impossible for police to do with how bases are set up currently. They are locked up like prisons. With the final statement "Save $5 " This is literally Garnets Add-on im not sure if you know who Bizzy is (The developer of the add-on) because he's Garnets old Dev from like 2-3+ years ago.

15 hours ago, Cameron said:

Again this follow proves you dont know what youre talking about. The add-on is exactly what youre describing. How it works is a NPC gets placed down, you press "e" and it well allow you to select multiple Jobs to go undercover as. Next "You can go and try to get into someones base and take a screenshot of the printers and give it to the police and they can raid." You contradicted yourself with your older statements because you just said "No one lets anyone in" This is the problem police need a 1st party SS or proof of illegal items to raid and currently its impossible for police to do with how bases are set up currently. They are locked up like prisons. With the final statement "Save $5 " This is literally Garnets Add-on im not sure if you know who Bizzy is (The developer of the add-on) because he's Garnets old Dev from like 2-3+ years ago.

If this isnt the addon im thinking about that has been used for multiple years and also is used by alot of policerp servers i apologize. There is an addon that is very similar that has a baton you simply right click and it lets you become any job but just with an added arrest and unarrest stick. It was abused by players everyday and ended up being removed about 2 days after it was put in but Im pretty sure you dont understand what im saying. Adding this addon for the simple purpose of people going into a base to get proof of printers or arrest people during lockdown or breaking rules makes no sense to me and it would just lead to alot of confusion and accidental rule breaks. My point was when someone said "Its impossible for police to get screenshots of printers without warranting the base" made no sense on why an undercover job needed to be added when anyone can simply try to get into a base and take a screenshot. Also if the job is wanted to be used to arrest people for breaking laws in public and such then they can just be police. The job will be abused and people wont know how to use it unless the level is set high so only experienced players to use it but at that point the job would have no meaning since everyone would suspect that its an undercover. The job just seems very unnecessary in my opinion and im leaving my  -1   and im not going to argue about it. Its my opinion and i dont know why you seem so offended about it. Your whole point on detectives faking a job so they can go back to PD and set up a bust does NOT require a whole new addon just for police to be able to do something. If you want to roleplay as an informant you can just switch to that job on your own and take screenshots and go talk to the PD yourself.

It's a cool job Don't get me wrong  But I don't see it working out. Especially because if people know that those job is is on the server then people are just going to make up ways to prove that it's not an undercover cop. Again cool job but I don't see this being benefiting to the community. I just see it as another wasted job.  

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Agree 1