Oatlife's Gamemaster Application (Please Deny)

Oatlife

The events are unique, improvements were made instantaneously. I know oatlife is active, so he’s make a good GM. He’s already staff, so I’m not sure how y’all would do that, but +1.

Edited by Bortnik
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bortnik said:

-Also try to get some slightly more original ideas, as many of these are similar to ones we've done recently. 

Could you please inform me on which of these events we have done recently? I tried to make an attempt to make them all fairly unique.

The "describe in your own words what a GM should do" is a little weak and the 2nd paragraph could use some more info.

I could always add more info and write more about nothing, but I tried to keep theses sections shorter to put more focus on my ideas themselves. I am a  strong believer of actions speak louder then words, which I hope people on the server who know me would apply. If other people however agree with you and believe they need to be longer, I will add more info but for the time being I personally am happy with those sections.

Edit - I doubled checked Aparh's App and on his the "Why should we choose you " section is shorter, but you didnt seem to make a statement about it on his, might I ask why?

Edited by Oatlife
6 minutes ago, Oatlife said:

Could you please inform me on which of these events we have done recently? I tried to make an attempt to make them all fairly unique.

and i know you did, in event #2 it was about the virus. Now we have had a virus event yesterday, in fact it was pretty much the whole day. I guess what i was trying to say was that I wouldn't like to see similar topics then what we've had recently.

7 minutes ago, Oatlife said:

I am a  strong believer of actions speak louder then words

i think like that, and i also believe that quality is better than quantity. If you get to the point and say what needs to be said, id much prefer that over larger word count.(not a shot at you, just saying that)

6 minutes ago, Oatlife said:

I doubled checked Aparh's App and on his the "Why should we choose you " section is shorter, but you didnt seem to make a statement about it on his, might I ask why?

Because he got to the point and said everything a GM should do, and a little more.

I'll re-read it tomorrow when i'm free, i'm really sleepy and stressed over all my AP stuff next week. I would feel bad if I -1'd you without a solid reason.

and i know you did, in event #2 it was about the virus. Now we have had a virus event yesterday, in fact it was pretty much the whole day. I guess what i was trying to say was that I wouldn't like to see similar topics then what we've had recently.

This Virus is completely different from an infection virus though, this would not be about killing a bunch of zombies but  a stress of time to save your brothers from an almost unstoppable plague. Writing Virus =/= Zombies all the time. This made it somewhat obvious you only skimmed through my ideas instead of fully reading them before giving an answer.

i think like that, and i also believe that quality is better than quantity. If you get to the point and say what needs to be said, id much prefer that over larger word count.(not a shot at you, just saying that)

I did slightly increase these sections, however if I am missing something please inform me. From my point of view I listed what I believe a GM should do pretty much straight to the point.

Edited by Oatlife

+1

Oatlife has been one of the most effective COs and leads a unit that has a group of 5+ people who stay active during downtime, even if no one else is active on the server. He is also good at assigning the right tasks to troopers during events as well as thinking on the fly. I think he would do a great job of creating events that would keep new players returning to the server, especially events like the multi day Dooku event listed above.

Edited by njmaho14
  • Friendly 1

+1  I agree with Snapper hes been an effective CDR around the community, hes always trying to recruit as much people as possible during the downtime of the server when nothing is happening and trying to get this server populated as much as possible. I think his events would be really fun to be in, especially the first one with multiple days. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...