Warn Appeal Diego Zavier

In-game name: Diego Zavier 
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:149377557
Staff members in-game name: Vergo 
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:103857239
Date & Time of incident: 5:50PM
Timezone: EST 
Warn Reason: RDM 
What happened? (include any proof):  A bartender stole my gun without adverting, so I killed him. He reported me for RDM, Vergo took the sit. I then proceeded to explain to Vergo that he stole my gun, and that's the reason I killed him. Vergo reasoning was that because he didn't advert steal that it was RDM. ( sadly I don't have a clip of him stealing the gun )

Here are a few SS of the chat  while we were in the sit:  ( The guy the reported me was Jalopy222222, his name is in purple )

You can see here, that the guy basically admitted to stealing my gun but he forgot to advert steal. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why should your warn be removed?: Because, I honestly feel like this was a false warn.

Edited by DiegoZavier
Accidentally submitted the format by it self.
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 1

I think im gonna go ahead and say +1 only because the guy said "its dark rp, you're fault" when you said he stole your gun, which basically is a confession of him taking it. That makes it seem like you're in the right to me

+1

It's essentially like someone keypad cracking your keypads without adverting raid.  Or killing someone for shooting at you in self defense, it is allowed. I don't understand why you'd be warned for RDM when you did nothing wrong. You simply defended your belongings and the only warn that should've been given out was to the other guy who didn't advert steal, tbh.

• Like 1

+1

I think it was just a misunderstanding and the warn should be removed. He only warned you because he couldn't find in the rules "You may kill someone who doesn't advert steal on your possessions." 

3 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

It's essentially like someone keypad cracking your keypads without adverting raid.  Or killing someone for shooting at you in self defense, it is allowed. I don't understand why you'd be warned for RDM when you did nothing wrong. You simply defended your belongings and the only warn that should've been given out was to the other guy who didn't advert steal, tbh.

And this is exactly why it should be removed. 

• Like 1

In this case you should have only been warned for RDM if the reporter (Jalopy) had good proof showing he did not steal your gun. 

I'll take partial blame for this because Vergo DM'd me on discord asking about this sit but I was napping lol.

This will likely be appealed.

@Vergo anything to add?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099062026

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099062173

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099054167

So, yes maybe it's common sense but I was playing it by the book in the rules there is no rule where you can kill someone if the stole your stuff if they don't advert steal 

I had to put this in the perspective of a situation that happen to me where NLR still applies even if it's RDM I had to think about this situation if a player gun is stolen and they did not advert anything you don't have the right to kill them according to the rules you can report them yes, but no where in the rules state that if another player steals something of yours without adverting steal or doing damage to you you can't kill them I was playing strictly by the book 

I did ask an higher up about it I did not receive a response so I just went with the handbook

• You may steal after adverting steal, once you advert steal the victim or the victim's party member(s) have the right to kill you without adverting counter.
  • If you want to steal/destroy raided printers in transport you must first advert "steal" or "counter"
Edited by TheRealVergo
1 minute ago, TheRealVergo said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099062026

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099062173

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099054167

So, yes maybe it's common sense but I was playing it by the book in the rules there is no rule where you can kill someone if the stole your stuff if they don't advert steal 

I had to put this in the perspective of a situation that happen to me where NLR still applies even if it's RDM I had to think about this situation if a player gun is stolen and they did not advert anything you don't have the right to kill them according to the rules you can report them yes, but no where in the rules state that if another player steals something of yours without adverting steal or doing damage to you you can't kill them I was playing strictly by the book 

• You may steal after adverting steal, once you advert steal the victim or the victim's party member(s) have the right to kill you without adverting counter.
  • If you want to steal/destroy raided printers in transport you must first advert "steal" or "counter"

I understand where you're coming from and it's totally understandable of what your thought procress is. But I'd personally put it under the realm of somewhere under self-defense, since you are defending your belongings and things that belong to you. I don't think any punishment should be given to you, as I think you're new if I remember correctly.

10 minutes ago, JimtheScubaDiver said:

The sit was entirely mishandled.

The staff member should've gotten proof from you that he stole the gun after confronting him on whether or not he did.

+1

I mean, the guy admitted he did steal it by saying: "shit", 'fuck", "i didn't hit my fucking bind" basically saying he didn't hit his bind to advert the steal.

4 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I mean, the guy admitted he did steal it by saying: "shit", 'fuck", "i didn't hit my fucking bind" basically saying he didn't hit his bind to advert the steal.

my bad, I'm blind.

What the hell, man... This just looks like a case of the staff not knowing the rules/checking them prior to warning.

R.I.P.

• Disagree 1

+1

I don’t get why Jalopy reported you.  He technically broke FailRP for stealing your gun without adverting? I don’t know if he “forgot” to advert to purposefully get Diego punished. 

The player did steal his gun and Diego should have his warm removed. 

+1 Due to the fact that he had his gun stolen, that gives Diego the permission to kill him, adverted or not. Although I would suggest not giving a punishment to the staff member since he is fairly new and did not know how to handle the situation.

Accepted

KOSing a player that is stealing your property is allowed even if they don't advert steal.

The warn should not have been issued, and in fact this shouldn't have even been reported by the other player.

There is good proof of the reporter admitting to stealing.

I'll remove the warn right now. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly 2