Communist Marshal's Warn Appeal

In-game name: Communist Marshal

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:545329399

Staff members in-game name : eXg Capalot

Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:1:473827252

Date & Time of incident: 5/20/20 & 02:46:10

Timezone: CTZ

Warn Reason: Att RDM

What happened? (include any proof): I was in front of a gun shop, the guy was body blocking me and I was going to tell him to move and accidentally pressed enter twice which made me shoot. I adverted miss click and he reported me and I was warned. 

Why should your warn be removed?: My warn should be removed because I was unrightfully warned, I was willing to be jailed but the guy still wanted me to be warned. The gun shop had a KOS sign but when my report was claimed the owner had left minutes earlier and I had no screenshots. I know multiple incidents of this happening and people think it’s annoying that you cannot advert Missclick.

6 hours ago, Communist_Marshal said:

The gun shop had a KOS sign

This wouldn’t matter seeing as you can only use your own or a party member’s sign

6 hours ago, Communist_Marshal said:

it’s annoying that you cannot advert Missclick

Missclick can and will be abused if allowed.

-1 Missclick or not it was still Att. Rdm

11 minutes ago, ajbedhead13 said:

I know that miss clicks dont count as a valid reason towards Att RDM but I do believe that this was truly a mistake. I think the sit shouldve had a better talk about what happened then just going straight to a warn. In my own opinion I think it is a +1

Aj I’m not sure what you mean by “the sit could have had a better talk” obviously Communist was told what rule he broke, and why it isn’t allowed. He was told that misclick isnt a valid reason to shoot somebody and the only real reasoning in this appeal is him saying that it’s annoying that its a rule. Explaining would do nothing here, its up to the staff member to decide the punishment, even if it was a mistake.

I feel -1 towards this.

-Just because someone adverts misclick doesn't make the situation any better. You still shot the person and that is considered attrdm/rdm. We don't allow misclicks or crossfire because it can be abused and minged upon.

-As for the body blocking if you have an issue with it please report it. Body blocking is against the rules and an admin can help you if they are trapping you in a building.

I think you should accept it as is and use this as a learning experience for next time.

Edited by BeMinxX

A few things:

-It's nobody except the staff's decision on what the punishment is. If he decides on a warn, jail, verbal warn, or any mix of the three, that's what you're gonna get.

-If it's not your shop/base, you can't enact it's KOS sign(unless hired as a security guard).

-You can't warn people to leave or move at all. You can, however, call staff because bodyblocking is FailRP(I'm pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong).

-Misclicks are still RDM. If not, the simple fact that you could get away with "misclicks" would be abused.

-For future reference, even if it was your shop, you need proof that 1. He was inside when he died, and 2. that you had a KOS sign at the time(though easily found out by the staff just noclipping to the base).

So -1 .

Edited by JimtheScubaDiver

missclick isnt a thing broski. its still attrdm my man. btw warns go away in like 2 weeks they dont really affect your game at all. just wait it out and dont go "misclicking" ppl again.

Edited by Capalot
joe mama
3 hours ago, Toucan said:

“the sit could have had a better talk” obviously Communist was told what rule he broke, and why it isn’t allowed. He was told that misclick isnt a valid reason to shoot somebody and the only real reasoning in this appeal is him saying that it’s annoying that its a rule.

no I appealed it because I think this shouldn't be a warn if I wanted to  kill him I could have. Also  I think aj is trying to say  that it should be a verbal warn not something you have on your warnmenu for 2 weeks. 

just wait it out and dont go "misclicking" ppl again.

I have no words, you are telling me that I shouldn't kill people who are clearly breaking the rules (although it was a missclick , and I didnt kill him ) When someone propblocks spawn its always a massacre  and everyone rdm's the guy who propblocked until he quits or gets banned. I was being bodyblocked witch is clearly agbaibnst the rules. I dint want to call a sit on him cause I was going to sleep anyway so I dint want to disturb any of the admins. 

Edited by Communist_Marshal
3 minutes ago, Communist_Marshal said:

no I appealed it because I think this shouldn't be a warn if I wanted to  kill him I could have. Also  I think aj is trying to say  that it should be a verbal warn not something you have on your warnmenu for 2 weeks.

Yeah I get that he thinks it should be a verbal warning but this isnt really a place for opinion, the staff member handling the sit decides on the punishment.

"If you weren't involved with or have evidence regarding a situation, don't respond to the thread."

There's already too many uninvolved replies on this thread including mine, so opinions on the punishment from somebody not involved have no reason to be posted. 

Edited by Toucan
  • Agree 1

Denied

Miss clicking is still rdm whether you meant to shoot them or not, allowing this would cause many problems.

It is the decision of the staff member taking the sit if you are to be warned or not so the warn will stay.

@proggy Please lock and move.