DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[SWRP] - Pilot Squadron Rework

Ziggy

The current Pilot Squadron faction could be improved a ton by the changing of a few classes and the way the ranks work. These four classes change how pilot squadron works, by introducing more RP-oriented classes and restricting flying to officer ranks. This change allows multiple benefits such as allowing more players into the faction to RP, it allows for trusted pilots to be qualified to any ship, it allows me to change my currently super extensive 4-branched tryout into a more simple and RP-oriented one, and it upgrades the current four models to much better looking ones.

Crewman - Slots: 3

Class

Squadron Pilot : Crewman

Primaries

tfa_swch_dc15s

Secondaries

tfa_swch_dc17

Equipment

fusioncutter

Model

spacer.png

Couldn’t find the model string for this one, but essentially, this class would be the basic Airman who is just welcomed into the 19th Air Wing. They wouldn’t be authorized to pilot any craft and their duties would rather be utilized assisting technicians and with recovery teams aboard LAATs.

Pararescue - Slots: 3

Class

Squadron Pilot : Pararescue

Primaries

tfa_swch_dc15s

Secondaries

tfa_swch_dc17

Equipment

weapon_medkit, jetpack 

Model

spacer.png

Couldn’t find the model string for this one either, but senior NCOs in the 19th Air Wing will be taken through a medical course and be assigned to the Pararescue squad. The main ship the 19thAW will utilize is the LAAT/I if these changes are implemented. In each LAAT squad, there could be 2-3 pilot pararescue troopers that play and encourage medical RP with battalion medics on station and in events.

Technician - Slots: 3

Class

Squadron Pilot : Technician

Primaries

tfa_swch_dc15s, tfa_sw_repshot

Secondaries

tfa_swch_dc17

Equipment

fustioncutter

Model

spacer.png

The 19th Air Wing Technician class specializes in demolitions, construction, repair, and advanced engineering. Given this suggestion is implemented, there would be a set number of LAAT squads that would consist of either a Pararescue trooper or two, a Technician, and a Flight Officer. The Technician alongside Crewmen have a knowledge of engineering and take care of repairs on armaments such as BARC Speeders, TX-130s, Starfighters, etc. 

Model String:

models/player/gideon/501st/501st_pilot/501st_pilot.mdl

Flight Officer - Slots: 3

Class

Squadron Pilot : Flight Officer

Primaries

N/A

Secondaries

tfa_swch_dc17

Equipment

fustioncutter

Model

spacer.png

The 19th Air Wing Flight Officer is a class given to Lieutenants and higher in the squadron. Flight Officers are given the permission to utilize four different types of starcraft being the Z-95 Headhunter, the LAAT/Infantry Gunship, the Y-Wing Bomber, and the V-Wing Reconnaissance ship. These are the most senior pilots in the division and are the directors of each squadron. 

models/player/gideon/501st/501st_hawk/501st_hawk.mdl

How I would the like the 19th Air Wing to look from this change is a squadron with more players, more of a prescense in events, and less poorly-trained pilots potetially putting events/RP at risk. As of right now, a lot of pilots don't get to see playtime with their classes since only 2-3 pilots are really used at a time during events. With this change, multiple people can play on pilot classes such as Pararescue and Technician and work their way up to the Flight Officer class. This will limit the amount of actual flyers, allow for unique RP, change the ugly ass models (pretty sure you could straight up remove the pack if this goes in), give the 19th Air Wing more of a prescense outside of events, and it allows me to settle on one consistent tryout rather than having the complex 4-branched one it is now.

Edited by bishopil
Removed detonator from Technician
  • Agree 3
  • Forums Moderator

This would make 19thAW a bigger and better battalion. Love the idea and I think it should be implemented. Would love to see this as well as make 19thAW tryouts more RP based. Will will truly effect it for the better.

+1

+1 

I like this because it gives pilots more of an opportunity to do more than just transportation. Another thing I also like is where only officers will be able to fly because it relates to the air force in real life to where if you are a lower enlisted, you are tasked with having a role on-board some aircraft or in base. In this case, lower enlisted will be able serve their purpose as a medic or a technician on-board until they are able to become a officer and become a pilot.

• Agree 2

I like the idea for everything, except for the demolitions aspect. We already have quite a bit of battalions that can specialize in demolitions, and I think adding another job would dilute this role further. I like the advanced engineering specialization, just not sure about the need for a pilot class to have a detonator. 

• Agree 2
1 minute ago, Phantom said:

not sure about the need for a pilot class to have a detonator. 

I had trouble finding something that would further push the technician into the "engineering" category so I imagined they could be called in, plant a det pack, then exfil (something like that), but yea I see what you're saying. If there's another tool or swep that could replace it that would be ideal, otherwise, I guess simply removing the det pack will have to do. 

I would like to see most of these changes, but pilots are the least of our concerns for now. I don't want to spread the playerbase more thinly that it already is, so I would like to sit on this one and put it on the back burner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 months later...