Staff Meetings

aleks

Good day, I just wanted to recommend something quickly for the Garnet Staff Team (Server 1). 

I was wondering if we could get staff meetings every month, for example something corresponding to promotion day.

The perks of us having a staff meeting almost every month are very big. If we were to have staff meetings more often it gives us more opportunities to be informed about changes, and also just chat about changes that are needed and give everyone a chat. Doing that would make the server a lot better, because it is letting everyone get a say in what they think is right or wrong with server.  Also, there is quite obviously always drama on the staff team (i’m gonna be honest this applies to me, if not mainly to me) and that would give us a chance to speak about it and clear up any misunderstandings. A staff team should always be well informed and in good mental shape with eachother to keep the environment positive, and friendly.  In the end, there are many pros to having these staff meetings, but also, there are cons.

Some cons are that a staff meeting once a month might not seem frequent, but with all the business, and  the on-the-go community GG has, it might catch up to people. It is difficult scheduling everything  and then making sure everyone is there on time, and especially difficult for the higher ups (ily @proggy and @STALIN) because they have so many responsibilities to consecutively carry, and in the end it might become a burden for them and an annoyance. There are so many more things, for example keeping the call in order. If you’ve ever been in a TS  call with 8+ people (i’m looking at you MRP 😉 )  you’ll understand, it gets pretty damn unruly. So keeping what, 10 to up to 30 people in a call will be difficult. And if you wanted people to keep quiet, stay civilized they’ll think “Oh what are they gonna do, warn me in teamspeak?”, therefore making the higher ups have to punish them legitimately, and then making it even worse because it might make a gap between the higher ups and staff team. In the end, there are as many if not more cons to doing these meetings, but this is just a suggestion

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please stay safe during these hard times.

Warm Regards,

Aleksandr

Edited by aleksandr1
  • Agree 1

I like the idea, but not everybody runs on the same time zone. People could also not be available, as life does take it's role over moderating. Perhaps somebody isn't on at that time, maybe it's when they are asleep. There are plenty of reasons time-wise. Maybe it should be more of a higher-up meeting, like admins only. I don't think taking the time and hoping all the people come at the same time is gonna be much help for anyone. I'm gonna -1 this suggestion due to these reasons. Once again, I think it'd be a better idea for a smaller group, like the Admin group of people, but not the whole moderation team.

• Informative 1

+1
I have recently set up a meeting system on MRP. We have two staff meetings a month, one US meeting, one RU meeting, and one BIG community meeting(5 in total). These are great to brainstorm ideas and maintain communication between all aspects of our server. 

2 hours ago, aleksandr1 said:

There are so many more things, for example keeping the call in order. If you’ve ever been in a TS  call with 8+ people (i’m looking at you MRP 😉 )

Honestly, the last MRP community meeting may have had around 50 people in it but it is pretty easy to control. Just make PTS active and if anyone breaks the PTS, they get kicked out of the meeting.

1 hour ago, ZeroTheThirdIII said:

Perhaps somebody isn't on at that time, maybe it's when they are asleep. There are plenty of reasons time-wise.

Easy fix, if someone is not able to attend the meeting, then they can tell proggy or Stalin with a valid reason. While the meeting is taking place someone will record it and upload it for the people who missed the meeting. Time zones have existed forever, I see no reason for them to just become a problem now. 

2 hours ago, aleksandr1 said:

“Oh what are they gonna do, warn me in teamspeak?”, therefore making the higher ups have to punish them legitimately, and then making it even worse because it might make a gap between the higher ups and staff team.

I think you may be reading into this too much, it is managements job to keep the staff team in check. If the lower staff have a problem with the management doing there job by keeping order, then there is a bigger problem hear. Then again, you are proofreading into this too much.

I believe having a monthly staff meeting would be great for DRP. If you would like to see my post for the MRP meeting system, here it is 

Edited by AwesomeAidan
  • Like 1

Honestly I feel like. meeting every month is really not needed unless there's a constant mistakes that a higher up is seeing , I get your idea but I would rather trust the higher-ups when they see fit for a meeting. I think every month there should be a higher up meeting to discuss what's going on maybe If needed not like every month but if it's needed.

again I think this is just for a manager's point of view if he feels a meeting is needed staff wise or higher up

• Toxic 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with with MeLikeFood I believe we should host a meeting when it's needed and if any staff thinks one should be put in the works please contact me or proggy and well see about setting one up thank you. -Stalin

If You would like a Staff Meeting:
Please Inform us why
The reason/Issues, and other things to bring up Ex: Staff Issues, Server Bugs, etc

13 hours ago, ajbedhead13 said:

+1 Tbh I think this is a great idea but since we do have different timezones for different players it would be hard for everyone to meet up. In my opinion for this to happen I would make it so that the people that need to be talked to such as higher ups should all meet up since they are all worthy to the server. I imagine this idea to become a think but it just depends on the players timezones. Anyways hope ya guys have a great day.

Maybe a “eu” and a “na” meeting ?Although I’m not a staff member this would be a great addition. At my current job we have weekly meetings to make more order inside the facility. On busy weeks it’s a mandatory meeting every day before work so things are more organized. And people know what to do. +1

• 4 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

Hosting a meeting once a month for a staff team of 70+ people would be very excessive. We did introduce a staff discord a couple of months ago and it has been an amazing way to keep our staff updated with recent changes. Thank you for your suggestion.