The Return Of Reserves For Real?

huskaii

Bring Back Reserves  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Reserves Be Brought Back?

• Yes
    • No

Suggestion To Bring Back Reserves

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] I am suggesting that we bring back reserves, simply put, revert to how reserves were before, where they are given and taken by factions and their leaders without the need for staff to get involved unless needed.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] The removal of reserves hurt a lot of players that put in the time and effort to actually get them. And now that they don't have them, lots of people don't feel like playing anymore, because reserves is how they would play. I don't know the reasoning for removing reserves in the first place other than people abusing them. But if people are abusing their reserves, it should be up to staff and the faction leader to just remove them if deemed necessary.  I think it would help bring up player pop if we got them back, and see a lot more people actually playing factions to try and get reserves. It would also allow for players with reserves to help out on other sides/factions when needed.

But now that staff have said that reserves are a thing, and that they are for special occasions such as being sick, PC issues, or IRL stuff, i don't think anybody has actually gotten them since this. It shouldn't make sense for reserves to only be given out in these scenarios, when it would just be easier to go on LOA, which essentially is what LOA should be used for anyways.  I believe it would benefit the community more to just bring back reserves to how they were before since there wasn't any real issues with them, apart from what was stated above.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] Below are some examples of tons of people that lost reserves due to the removal of them, which caused lots of people to stop playing. These docs are all either outdated or public, so there is going to be people that shouldn't be on the reserves roster, but it is just to prove a point. If you have any problems with the docs i have posted and want them to be taken down, contact me through forums and i would be glad to do so.

GRU

oouhuVp.png

SSO

Bl5I4K5.png

2GA

e6zoyAD.png

GB

hq5M32P.png

DEVGRU

47Gt0PI.png

1MD

O6V8PIp.png

Reminder, these docs are purposely chosed as old/no longer used docs. Message me on forums with a valid reason if you want them removed

Edited by huskaii
  • Like 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 7
  • Community Director

Just make it where there is two ways you can earn reserves, 1. Actually needing them (Medical, Personal Life, etc), or 2. being a 1IC/2IC for a notable duration and positively contributing to the faction. I guess this would count as a +1.

It's not hard for staff to enforce it. They need to ask three questions to determine validity of reserves: "Does the person have a need for reserves like Medical, Personal etc?" "If no, Was the person 1IC/2IC of the given faction?" "If yes they were 2IC/1IC, were they 1IC/2IC for a notable duration, affecting positive change on the faction?" 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 4

I am going to +1 this mainly due to the fact that there was nothing positive that followed from the removal. People that joined factions and grinded for months had to leave without a choice, those people should be able to come back and play on reserves whenever they please and not have their dedicated time to said faction ripped away from them.

For me personally, I had reserves in two factions and I would do anything in the world to get them back. 

ENS in PDSS.
and SGT in Vega.

I grinded my ass off for these factions and the rank that I got. I left the MRP community to assist phantom and garnet in the rise of SWRP. But now that I have work on a daily basis and college work but still want to get on whenever I can to  play on these factions and had them ripped from my sleeve. I would go through hell to get these ranks back. Some people played in these factions for months, even years.. and they got their ranks ripped away from them. I truly hope this gets accepts because I feel as if people that previously had reserves can come back to the server and eventually make a full comeback to their faction that they played for, for so long. 

Edited by Redacted

+1 I would agree to bring it back. My main fear of leaving and resigning was would i be on reserves and would staff allow it. I believe it would be great to have reserves back and can be enforced by staff but not ran by staff. It is up to the faction leaders to decide whether to give the reserves to said person or not. And with what Conway said for any Medical, personal, etc or any officers who are notable and deserves reserves for said faction. 

• Like 2
  • Community Director
5 minutes ago, LalaDeviluke said:

And with what Conway said for any Medical, personal, etc or any officers who are notable and deserves reserves for said faction. 

(This is my opinion and merely a suggestion to compromise with management) I would caution against "any officers" and clearly make it 1IC/2IC, who positively affected changes to factions they were in and held the rank for a notable amount of time. That way you have cut dry rules. In this example - the people with the red names are former Marshals, so they would qualify if they met the criteria of: Notable Duration, Positive Change Applied under term - To avoid this:

e6zoyAD.png

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Just now, Alex Conway said:

I would caution against "any officers" and clearly make it 1IC/2IC, who positively affected changes to factions they were in and held the rank for a notable amount of time. That way you have cut dry rules. To avoid this:

e6zoyAD.png

I 100% agree with this, this comes down to the leader of the faction. The person should be evaluated to what the did for the faction, such as leadership skills and how they helped the faction as a whole. This should be avoided yes but at the same time most people that recieve reserves should be evaluated 

12 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

1. Actually needing them (Medical, Personal Life, etc), or 2. being a 1IC/2IC for a notable duration and positively contributing to the faction.

I agree with this because people who actually helped out the faction while they lead/ co-lead it should be eligible for reserves but it should be limited to 1 faction per side.+1 

• Agree 3
  • The Garnut
5 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

Just make it where there is two ways you can earn reserves, 1. Actually needing them (Medical, Personal Life, etc), or 2. being a 1IC/2IC for a notable duration and positively contributing to the faction. I guess this would count as a +1.

But this is exactly what me and Aidan came to an agreement on when "REMOVING" reserves. You can keep it so long as you have a valid reason and/or are contributing to the faction 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Garnet said:

But this is exactly what me and Aidan came to an agreement on when "REMOVING" reserves. You can keep it so long as you have a valid reason and/or are contributing to the faction 🤷‍♂️

This is what the reserves guidelines are currently, just no one has been eligible for them since they were implemented.

084865394a664252e200278804bb9329.png

• Community Director
35 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I haven't seen/heard anyone granted for "contributing" - from the current guidelines only IRL issues can qualify for them or at least, that's what I believe I read

32 minutes ago, AwesomeAidan said:

This is what the reserves guidelines are currently, just no one has been eligible for them since they were implemented.

084865394a664252e200278804bb9329.png

I think what most people are having an issue with is that you have to be on the extreme side of the scale, such as "Military Deployment or Hospitalization" and the fact it's management, not faction leadership - the compromise I proposed, would be what I believe a happy medium between, practicality and realistically, not as so much in the "The Real Life way", but I think you kind of stated it yourself.. "No one has been eligible." - I think that is the issue of what people mostly have. If you restrict it to the "1IC/2IC AND Emergency Use" it's not a once in a blue moon scenario where no one ever qualifies, but it's also not "Here you hit 2LT and I like you here you go". I believe the terminology should have been stated as "All reserves are subject to server management oversight" - rather than only being handed out by management. At the end of the day it's a compromise, you're still heavily restricting reserves, but to less of an extreme, and to award possible achievements. 

Food for thought I suppose - I cant speak for the ENTIRETY of the MRP community, hell I don't main the server, but from being active in TS, I would confidently say this would be a compromise fair to the Faction Leaders, Players, and Management 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

+1
the reason people want reserves back is because the current reserves guidelines is circled around IRL situations [medical issues, military etc]
IMO reserves shouldnt be based on IRL incidents. If someone truly worked hard for a faction and put dedication to it i think that person deserves reserves

abusing reserves can be easily fixed by staff intervening with people who hand out reserves like candy

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Lark said:

worked hard for a faction and put dedication to it i think that person deserves reserves

I can tell you over the span of 2 years where I amassed 7 reserves,  most through multiple months of being in factions, obtaining high officer positions and assisting the faction, however, none of them are needed.

The whole concept of reserves kinda baffles me after looking at other servers and systems. It's really just a backup card shoved in your ass when you move on from a faction. I left a good amount of factions cause the people that made in enjoyable left and it became unbearable. I moved on and was able to get into a new faction and proceeded within it, going on reserves to assist the leader at the time with tryouts for classes (this was literally only because Greshnev had tryouts for specialty classes and because I was still leading his war branch at the time for SSO. Literally nobody does this today.)

A lot of people are like "oh but all the work I put in come on man". Really? The work you put in today? So that was what? Holding tryouts? Removing "toxic" and "mingey" people? Not to be toxic or anything but officers today and most enlisted really don't contribute much yall (thats not all of you, some of you acc care about the server and treat it more than a TDM shitfest).

From what I've seen, heres how the current progression in SOF goes:
Get in->Become friends with everyone->Make fun and good memories and get promoted every now and then->Get officer->Become entitled but still be cool with your friends and also cool now you can host raids for them so you're extra cool.

If you really really really wanna keep that rank, just ask if you can duo faction. From what I remember, no rule against it. Handpicks still exist. If you're concerned about your activity just pull a Jim. Sit in your faction on the rank you want for months and deny any promo. (Actually baffles me Coyote and br0ken allow this)

If you want to be with your friends, be with you friends! Hop on 2GA pvt and mess around why don't you. We all know you're gonna use donor classes with a reserve MOS anyway if they come back :).

-1. Sad to see this suggestion keeps popping up cause I have a feeling if the community shoves the managers hard enough they'll give in to it.

• Like 2
  • Informative 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

A good majority of people on the server have since moved to different factions and are progressing well enough within them. If you want to be part of another faction, just leave your current faction and tryout for another one. 

Reserves for serious IRL reasons is good! It gives you a chance to be away a while and come back to where you left off.

Reserves for what YOU want it for is used for a couple things:

1. Playing the server for a day, dick around a bit, leave again for a couple weeks, come back and dick around rinse repeat.

2.  You bounce between factions quite frequently. One war you're on your Seal MOS, the next you're on your PDSS MOS, meanwhile you're an active member in MARSOC. Why are you playing for all teams? (Not speaking about YOU specifically, this is an example.)

3.  You joined MARSOC for the models and sniper, but don't really know if you like the people in it so at any moment you can leave, fuck your faction over (in some cases your country entirely), and fall back on one of your previous factions. BUT not before you get reserves in MARSOC so that you can always go back to that when the 1 friend you had in it finally takes it over, proceeding to fuck over the faction you hopped back to.

4. Bragging rights. You don't need the whitelists or reserve rank though, thats what your forum signature is for!

and 5. "helping" with tryouts. Even though you aren't an active member of the faction anymore, and the players trying out for the faction don't know you and probably won't see you much, you have the chance to shit on them in tryouts (remember as a non-active duty member of the faction) and leave them wondering next time they see the whole GRU squad together, why you aren't there? The guy that kept them from getting in. 

Edited by Kendal
  • Like 3
  • Cringe 6

+1 I agree a lot with the suggestion Conway made, I think a system like that could be beneficial to the server in a lot of ways.

8 hours ago, Garnet said:

That wasn't what was announced when they were officially revamped from what I remember. I was told that the only time you could even get on reserves was if you were unable to get on the server at all, and once you were able to get back on your reserves were removed.

So people are now allowed to have reserves and play on the server if they are contributing to the faction?

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1