DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Printer cooldown

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] That the new 10 second cool down only applies to the same printer because when raiding a base or printer farming say you need to collect from multiple printers within a time period that would be helpfull because having to wait 10 seconds in between different printers just dosent make sence

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It would be nice to be able to collect from multiple printers without 10 sec cooldown if you are printer farming or raiding

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] no

Reason for edit: forgot to add something

Edited by MeLikeFood
  • The Garnut

No way to make it a non-global variable, it is surely inconvenient but it fixes more issues than anything else, simply tap E, wait 10 seconds and tap E again in the worst case scenario.

I could potentially shorten the delay by a few seconds at a later time.

• Informative 1

I like the cooldown. I had a bad experience once where one guy I had sold my printers to had a mental breakdown thinking I was "gonna scam him" despite him having no evidence, and after proving that I wasn't in a sit, he decided to take matters into his own hands, and began spamming the printers so my entire chat feed was destroyed. Maybe a 5 second reduction would be appropriate, but I agree that there should be a cool-down as to prevent these types of scenarios. Luckily I wasn't a staff member at the time, but what if @ chat was having a important conversation, and I couldn't see it due to the spam, or what if I was in a sit, and I couldn't see people talking in chat due to spam. That could cause inconveniences and possible problems for dealing with scenarios for staff. It was already annoying enough as just a regular user of the server, not being able to see people talking to you due to the spam.

Edited by ZeroTheThirdIII
  • 4 weeks later...

@MeLikeFood You have to remember the reason we have the cool down is because people would spam the chats of the peoples printers they took. If we implemented this then you could simple take from one go to the second take from that then move back to the first again. Rinse and repeat. That would effectively do the same as spamming it like it used to.

That's also the reason we can't really change it to 5 sec if one person takes from the first printer and has take from the other 7.5 sec later you effectively made a way to spam it every 2.5 sec. 

Take from first 2.5 sec later the 2nd would be ready and take from that. 2.5 sec after that the 1st is ready again.

Of course these situations are implying that you have both their printers

Am I in the ballpark @Garnet?