DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Simone's Ban Appeal

Sim_One

+1

Has high community rep(not on forums, but in the community with many people), and I may get cringe reacted for this, but to be fair, he only hacked for like two weeks for a reason that came out to be true. Sure, hacking is hacking, but he still deserves a ban removal imo. Plus he helped out garnet and the server in some specific ways (anti-cheat) when he was staff. And other people got unbanned for similar reasons, why should Simone be treated differently?

Edited by Hashim
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 6
3 minutes ago, eli_ said:

It's directly stated in server rules and all servers in general that hacking is a permanent ban from the server. Adding on to that, in the appeal rules it says that appeals are not a place to apologize for doing what you did. In this scenario you're just admitting to hacking then saying then apologizing and saying you wont do it again. Now I've never met you but hacking is hacking. And since you hacked, the ban should stay. 

He said he learned from his mistake and he won't do it again, there was no "I'm sorry for hacking." No apology, just reasons why he should be unbanned. And plus, read the full thing.

The reason I made this ban appeal was that when I was helping Garnet make an anti-cheat, that he never implemented, he told me that I should make an appeal in the future and right now I believe that the MRP server needs as much help as it can get.

Edited by Hashim
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

+1 (Kinda)

While I agree that ban appeals should be solely for if you were unrightfully banned. But this almost exact same situation happened not too long ago, where a certain individual had gotten banned for hacking, came back, helped get cheaters banned or made an effort to do so, and was unbanned by Garnet. I believe that if Simone also helped with this "anti-cheat" to get cheaters banned then he has corrected his wrongs. The only reason I think that this ban appeal might be "iffy" is because I don't know what Garnet deems as unbannable. Especially since the anti-cheat was never put in place, I can't say for sure on whether he truly believes Simone had benefited on the server. But Garnet had apparently told Simone to make this appeal so I'm leaning more towards his unban. 

• Informative 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sim_One said:

The reason I made this ban appeal was that when I was helping Garnet make an anti-cheat, that he never implemented, he told me that I should make an appeal in the future and right now I believe that the MRP server needs as much help as it can get.

Not to start an argument, but I believe Pencil was unbanned for the exact same reason.

I'd like to hear Garnet's thoughts on this though.

+1 with this in mind.

Edited by Praetor_Don
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
27 minutes ago, Jackal said:

https://imgur.com/i42AuXk

https://imgur.com/Dx2vK04

Appeals are for wrongful bans and you prove your innocence through it. -1

25 minutes ago, shrimp said:

i42AuXk.png
Unless you weren't hacking, take a walk buddy. 

I understand you two may have been or were very clearly against confirmed cheaters from returning, but it would be biased to allow only some of those people to return even though they've essentially done the same thing. And while I do agree with you, I disagree with this idea of selective punishment that causes many people to be treated differently when they really shouldn't be. It's also strange of both of you two to return after nearly two months to shit on both Buddha and Simone (in this case) after being absent from the MRP community both in-game and on forums.

And the same goes for people who were banned for Toxicity and not just cheating - although those types of bans are more easily case-by-case compared to cheating bans, which should be more general and blanket.

+1. As far as we know (based on what you've said privately and when it was clear that you were cheating), you weren't doing it for very long. A lot less than some others who have been unbanned and have also openly admitted to it. Like I just said above, it shouldn't matter and all parties should be banned, but since that isn't the case here I believe you should also be unbanned.

Edited by Torch
  • Agree 7

On my phone right now ( Stork ), but your behavior on this post was extremely toxic. You showed no signs of remorse and actually thought it was funny to cheat! Had you just cheated and got caught, I'd be a little more lenient, but you clearly demonstrated you didn't care about what anyone thought, and that you were happy to go out with a bang. -1. 

Edited by BeeBu
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Jackal said:

What a great representation of those +1ing. Glad to see the community hasn't strayed far from being stupid.

2GA PVT Finger Nugget was banned by V MAJ Ozzy for 999 years. Reason: hacking 

Im not part of the community 5head

• Cringe 3
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

-1 Simone you’re a chill dude and fun to play with no doubt. But if there were any actual deal between you and Garnet I’d imagine he would’ve stepped in and unbanned you back on Chaharikar. Not to mention this seems like a blatant attempt to take advantage of a server “desperate” for pop. You decided to cheat, regardless of how long, and now you wait for a wipe.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

If I recall, you started hacking to prove a point that the staff team was incompetant?
Proceeded to call people out in a blaze of glory, and you know... left a sour taste in everybodies mouths.
If you wanted to come back at all, You should have had the foresight to leave perhaps a little more peacefully, instead of causing the shitstorm that you did lmao.

"This testing was quite literally to the extent of the cheaters just aim-locking onto Garnet and seeing if it kicked them. Literally a no-brainer testing."
Literally from Pencil himself, Simone, I bet you didn't bank on Pencil exposing yourattempt to spin the truth did you?

Edited by Homast