Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 483:07:20
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
Referral(s): Josh Martin
Past experiences as staff: None
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I've been in the Garnet Community for the last 2-3 years starting off in Marines in 2017, I made it to the rank of CWO3 in Marines and MARSOC and dedicated my time to help my fellow enlisted past the ranks and become leader figures within the faction. I did resign though due to being burnt out but now having now come back I have regained my motivation in this server.  Like i am now, i want to help the server get back into its prime stages as one of the most well known MilRP in Garrys Mod and one of the only thing that could make it possible is becoming staff. I've noticed that lately there as been more minges on than before and want to help remove them and give Garnet a better name for itself. I'm not saying that the state of its bad but it could be better. With that being said, other than removing minges I plan to also dedicate time to find ideas to benefit the server and make the RP more fun. Another important reason that i want to be staff is help during tryouts for SOC factions but most importantly Army. For most tryouts it requires trainees to be set as a certain job and sometimes there isn't any staff on to do it so i want to change that and make it easier for WO and Officers to do tryouts.

Now for the most important part, i am confident that i can handle sits professionally, confidently but most importantly quickly. I am able to listen to both sides of the story and find out the true story behind what happen during said sit. I am not one to jump to conclusions but rather understand what is going on and then resolve the issue. I am very open and friendly when it comes to ideas that members and other staff say and i am willing to put my own opinion in to further expanding the idea or to explain the problem with it. I will take every idea that members say and take it as if it will benefit the server because some members have really good ideas that will benefit the server. I am able to take criticism and use that to better myself to set a better example/role for the server. I understand being staff is not something to take lightly but i am willing to put my time , dedication, and effort to assisting this server and make it one of the most enjoyable MilRPs out there.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: No
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Every time I am on (which is almost everyday)

+1 From me he is a general good person to be around, and active all the time, even at times that the server may not doing so well. He has way more then enough experiences and believe he'd be a great member of the staff team. Good luck Flyer.

• Agree 1

I’m gonna go with a +1 man your app is decently written and your active and well known.  You are mature and handle things in game well.  You know the rules so you have low earns and that always good.

Edited by Josh Martin
To spice up my +1
  • Disagree 1

-1 I have see you come and go quite a lot but ik you are good guy and now just starting to be active for the past 2 weeks. Recommend getting more active on in TS and forums

Edited by Dexx
30 minutes ago, Dexx said:

-1 I have see you come and go quite a lot but ik you are good guy and now just starting to be active. Recommend getting more active on in TS and forums

With all due respect, I’m on almost every single day including TS. Granted that I should be more active on the forums but in game and in TS you’ll always see me on. I’ll try to work more on the forums to assist other members in the Garnet Community. Thank you for the feedback!

• Disagree 3

Although at first sight your application is good, well thought out, but taking a deeper look into it, you find things that although they make sense to be mentioned are not really good reasons to be accepted, and here's why.

When you say that one of your main reasons to become Staff is to help with tryouts, helping people and getting better ideas for the server, there are a few issues with that. You said that the only way to help the server become once again one of the most popular MilitaryRP servers in Gmod is by becoming a Staff member, that is not true, you can take your ideas and give them to the Managers or put them as Suggestions on forums, which as a Staff Member you would have to do anyways really.

Your reaon for helping with tryouts is something that might be needed sometimes, but you also have to take into account that only Head-Moderators and above can trully do that, aid in the Tryouts to set jobs, so you would still have to go through Trial-Mod and Mod, and that's assuming you get promoted both months, so you should really give reaons other than that.

Reasons for helping people can still be done while not being a Staff Member, although it is not to be disregarded in Staff Apps just for that, as it is good to mention it everytime someone appiies for staff, this is just to point out that you can do it while being a User.

I will give you that I think you would do good with Sits and deal with them professionally, as well as act in a professional manner as a Staff Member, as far as what I've seen from you.

For the moment I feel hat your application needs a bit of work, and thus I will remain neutral, but I am leaning towards a +1, as it is not a Bad Application.

• 1 month later...
  • The Garnut
On 7/23/2020 at 8:36 PM, Zachman said:

Denied

Lack of community support outside of US player base

Wait at least 2 weeks before applying again.

@proggy@GarnetLock and Move

He received more support than opposition (I know this is an old post now) but I'm confused to why this was denied? unlocked until a response is sent.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Similar vain as American. 

Flyer was denied due to: lack of overall maturity, support was all from within his friend group / faction, strong mingey tendencies, and at the time did nothing to separate himself from other applicants.

@Garnet

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, 0zzy said:

lack of overall maturity, support was all from within his friend group / faction, strong mingey tendencies, and at the time did nothing to separate himself from other applicants.

Ok lack of maturity? Only time I don't act mature is when i'm around the people I play with and I always try my best to act in officer manner to those who actually want to experience the RP. Literally ask anyone that. The minge part caught me off guard tho because I literally asked other people the same question and they say i'm not. Also at the time of the app i was one of the only people that submitted one before others did theirs. What are you on about? Honestly that explanation was opinion based unless you have proper reasoning to back it up.

• Agree 1