Broku's SWRP Suggestion

Broku

Suggestion: A Mission system that Officers+ Can access from an NPC to start missions from

Reasoning: If implemented it could promote more of Non GM orientated RP by giving Officers the ability to start a mission that would normally call for a GM to setup such as  spawn droids or other enemies at one of the on world locations (Crystal Caves, OP Zulu. Etc) and come up with a full story for it , a second use could be for tryout for certain classes like the 501st's Breacher class by making scenarios with these missions such as droids spawning at OP Bravo and having the person trying out have to properly Breach and Clear the Outpost.  Another thing this system would allow is for a mission to be started and for a GM to make the events that occur in said mission to become a full fledged event. Hopefully this is possible and wouldn't conflict with the Automatic Event system currently in place.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

@Garnet I know you don’t like forum pings, but this is a nice idea. I’m pretty sure it’s possible, since you had the missions on MRP, and the invasions on SWRP that spawn droids. So if you have the time to code this, it would make for another innovative feature.

I think this would be pretty valuable for tryouts and to help keep player retention and give us something to do during downtime. I think a fun caveat would be you could set everyone to the job in the console and then have the same mission but have several different ways to play it.

3 minutes ago, BINLADINHOE said:

I think this would be pretty valuable for tryouts and to help keep player retention and give us something to do during downtime. I think a fun caveat would be you could set everyone to the job in the console and then have the same mission but have several different ways to play it.

I agree with this completely, this would be fun for officers and players due to the lack of GM's during certain times.

I like this idea a lot due to the fact that it actually allows people to enjoy the server with more events when GMs are not on, i also like the idea as you said GMs can actually build on it which will most probably happen if this is ever implemented. It would help a lot in tryouts so, once again GMs won't be needed or if they're not on this system can be used. As a GM i will do events when im on as well as well as passive events and this system can make multiple things going on around the base/map at the same time which in my opinion adds immersion. it will also allow GMs to spend more time on their clones if everyone whos on wants to just do that event which is great. 

Edited by swrp-Ghost
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 1:43 AM, WinterStorm said:

I agree with this completely, this would be fun for officers and players due to the lack of GM's during certain times.

To add onto this, I know the server is trying to focus more on passive rp. Allowing for officers to do something like this would be absolutely amazing, allowing for more passive rp, active members, things to do and just more rp in general.  +1

Edited by WinterStorm

Accepted
Please bear in mind that this is not guaranteed to be added as I personally am no developer and do not know if this would be possible, it will be looked over by Garnet to see if it can happen.

@0zzy Lock and Move please.