There should be a job timer on how long mayors get the job.

realAngel

Description: Basically just a 1 hour, 45m, or 30m timer until a Mayor is demoted, giving other
players a chance to be mayor.

Reasoning: Mayor is a pretty well coveted job, at least when there is a dictatorial player in charge.
It ruins the game when there is a dictator mayor in charge all day, arresting people for the slightest
missteps. This is coming from a player who uses the mayor job frequently, which brings me to my 2nd reason
that if someone is hogging mayor I should not have to wait half the day for him to leave.
  • Disagree 3
On 10/20/2020 at 4:09 PM, poopa said:

people cant even survive as mayor for 10 minutes

In the mayors current state he cannot last 10 minutes. However, With mayor being allowed to build he could live for 10 hours.

While i recommended this idea for mayor, I don't think its viable seeing how it would give no incentive for people to be mayor if they knew they were just gonna get demoted in "set amount of time". I don't think that its really worth being mayor unless you make the timer like 1-2 hours if not more to really make it worth being mayor for that time. I guess if you were to recommend this type of update for may you really have to dial it in which can take time.

Neutral

Edited by BeMinxX
3 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

I think if we had a way to vote for mayors it could benefit the server. That way once one dies it makes it harder to come right back to being mayor again. 

i can agree with this, people place hits, switch to assassin, kill the mayor, then switch to mayor immediately

6 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

I think if we had a way to vote for mayors it could benefit the server. That way once one dies it makes it harder to come right back to being mayor again. 

I like this idea, however there is a possibility that there would not be a mayor altogether.

As for your suggestion, 30 minutes would be a bit much to stay off the mayor job. If I were to ever suggest this, I would say 7 at the very most.

Your suggestion is a good one, but 30-45 minutes would be a but overboard. For this, my desition is to stay neutral.

Edited by Clicher

-1 I don't think it's really necessary to have this mostly for the fact that the Mayor usually just gets killed by a hitman or someone raids the PD and kills him anyway. 

Voting for Mayor wouldn't be a terrible idea though just depends on how it's done. 

Edited by Lotus

-1. Its hard enough to be mayor as is, if you can survive a while, I say keep it. Ever since mayors haven't had bases, its been a struggle to be mayor and keep the job longer than 10 minutes (especially with @BINLADINHOE killing me on sight when I'm mayor, and patrolling the streets ready to rdm me [although its quite funny and I dont really give a shit lmao])

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1
On 10/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, WreckEMsaints said:

i didnt grind to lvl 50 just to have to vote to be mayor. just make the cooldown on it longer imo

• Like 1

for all the reasons that @BeMinxXsaid up top it would just deter people from being Mayor if they knew that they were just going to not be able to play it for very long most people play mayor to be able to create rules and laws for the server and half the time like most of the people are saying you can’t even last 10 minutes if you don’t build as a mayor

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1
Your suggestion has been Denied

We do have some potential changes upcoming for the Mayor that could include a term-limit for mayors via an election plugin.
However if the mayor election plugin does not end up working out, I doubt we would add any additional rules for how long the Mayor can play as the job.

In the mayors current state being set to citizen after death & not being able to build anymore, I don't think we should add more limitations to the job.