DarkRP Update [12/15/2020]

Nutter

• The Garnut

christmaslogo.png.964ec4fcd2065961c3c7bb

THE SERVER HAS BEEN QUITE LITERALLY RE-WRITTEN.

If we still get overflow crashes, i'm going to rip my hairs out and shove them up my ass

Hello everybody, this post will not be super descriptive or ground breaking for the average player.

After 7 years of maintaining and updating DarkRP 2.4.3 (old iteration) and entirely re-writing close to 70% of it for optimization purposes or converting UMSGS to the newer system net messages (pretty damn old now), Proggy had requested we try updating DarkRP to the latest version due to the fact that our servers overflows and crashes 4+ times a day, yet we still maintain an enormous playerbase.

22cb1af8d29ff78505df782190640b80.png

I had been working for the past 2 or 3 days overtime exclusively along with the help of Proggy on bug-testing and converting portions of our older DarkRP base to work with the newer one. Right now we are playing catch-up in returning functionality to the server in hopes for a more stable gamemode. Some features may not work, some features may have been entirely changed.

Overall, some noticable changes should be a literal 40% increase in server FPS, a new hud. On the flip side, some features that do not work include (but are not limited to) Hitman Module, Rapist class, Prostitute class, and Misc entities...

• Like 6
  • Spicy 1