DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Reverting Back To MRP System/HUD

huskaii

+1 - The newer Hud is a pain as Adverts dont stand out as making "Raid" or Tryout adverts easily missed, as well as this the part of the hud where you can see who you are talking too is too easily abused in war. And some staff commands are missing -- Mainly /unown -- it has also remove players Emotes. - Overall i think the MRP Hud/System which was in use is a better option.

While it does have negative issues, there are other ways to handle them in house. Personally I like the hud and the changes due to things being just a little bit more different. The same hud has been present for years and its nice to have something new. I also like seeing my kd, to know I was vital during war, or trash. Im sorry, -1

2 minutes ago, Dillan said:

While it does have negative issues, there are other ways to handle them in house. Personally I like the hud and the changes due to things being just a little bit more different. The same hud has been present for years and its nice to have something new. I also like seeing my kd, to know I was vital during war, or trash. Im sorry, -1

The hud has nothing to do with the K / D this was supposed to be working a long time ago but garnet just fixed it.

the main issue with it is just with what huskaii said. it makes spectating ppl 10x harder and you can see who is next to you via pressing X to talk there for it is sort of a "wallhack" i would also like to see the medal of honer coming back cuz when the HUD changed this disappeared as well. and also the /unown which is not working is a big problem    

1 hour ago, Dillan said:

little bit more different

Different, as we've seen, isn't always better.

Personally, I like the fact that you can see people's names easier, but that is the only positive thing about this update. Not only is the HUD at bit strange (it covers the squad hud) but my FPS has also dropped in half. I was getting about 150 fps before the update, now i get a max of 80.

+1 to a better hud and hopefully a fix to FPS.

• Agree 1

There may be other things at play affecting your FPS. It unfortunately isn't that easy to test on a live product (by yourselves).

Some of the issues you address can be fixed within the proper config files, while others can be changed in the right Lua files. You do not need to revert back to the previous edited base, but it will require some changes with the updated DarkRP gamemode (as obvious as it sounds).

There is good reason to updating to a more recent "release" of DarkRP and building from there, especially considering the age of what was being used before.

• The Garnut

Partially Accepted?

Alot of the issues you listed are a very simple configuration error. Your anecdotal evidence says that players had better frames with the previous DarkRP base, my factual information says that the new DarkRP base runs better, and with superior FPS. You can't get an accurate count for performance when our playerbase fluctuates so much, and there's a thousand variables to take into account.

I will go ahead and address the issue with voice chat, as well as some missing commands, and finally, the chat phrases that trigger HL2 sounds.

• Like 2