DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ร—

CanadianTyrant Application

Sythireau

๐ˆ๐ง-๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž:ย CanadianTyrant

๐€๐ ๐ž [๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ ๐ฒ/๐จ]:ย 18

๐’๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ˆ๐ƒ (๐ก๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐ฌ://๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐.๐ข๐จ/):ย STEAM_0:1:128993818

๐–๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ:ย 

AttRDM (I'm going to explain this because it's technically a false warn, so due to the new "cheese" shit about 5 mins before war a large portion of the Enlisted were spamming cheese. I had ordered them all to stop spamming but one continued so I tried to handcuff him but it didn't switch to handcuffs like it usually does since it was last used I accidentally shot him in the face so when he reported me for the handcuffing I got warned for AttRDM)

๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ณ๐จ๐ง๐ž:ย MST (Mountain Standard Time)

๐๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž? [๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ“ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ, ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž /๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ง-๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž]:ย 11A CPT CanadianTyrant has played for 220:33:51.

๐ƒ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐“๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฆ๐ข๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ง๐ž?: [๐˜๐„๐’/๐๐Ž] Yes

๐ƒ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐†๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐Œ๐จ๐ ๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ž๐จ๐ฌ?:[๐˜๐„๐’/๐๐Ž]ย Yes

๐‘๐ž๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐š๐ฅ(๐ฌ): [๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐š๐๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฒ?]ย BLackprince, Weeb, and Party

๐๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: [๐Ž๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฅ]ย 

Head of Staff: This was basically Staff Manager being under Director(Co-Owner), this was on a TheWalkingDeadRP server. | Staff Manager: Venomous Gaming | Sr.Mod: Forgot name, I think it was Rustic Gaming.

๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐ž๐ง๐ž๐Ÿ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ? [๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐Ÿ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ฌ]

Ever since I've joined I've slowly seen the need for more and more staff, although the staff team is growing so is the server and I still see staff struggling. During my time at the server I've had nothing but great interactions and fun, and I want to be able to ensure that the new and current players can continue to have the same great experiences without the crap like MassRDMing. I was originally going to apply when I reached 150 but I left it until now so that I could grow, and learn more as well as get the input of others as to whether or not I'm doing a good job as an Officer and if I would do good as a staff member. I've spoken with some people and they've stated that I would be a good mod so with the population of the server growing meaning more staff are needing due to the heavy influx of rule breakers I have decided to finally apply and give my shot to join the staff team.

How would I benefit the server, well first off I would start by being a reliable and active staff member. I am sometimes on for over 8 hours going from as early as 12pm to as late as 5am and during this time I am always trying my best to help people out as much as possible whether this be Army asking questions, RU needing help in OOC, or just keeping Army from doing dumb shit. I'm a very coachable meaning I care a lot about the criticism I get and I encourage criticism, if people have an issue with how I did something, or how I act I don't ignore them I always listen to their opinions and try to use it to build and learn from any of my mistakes so that I can better myself. I think my biggest strength in my opinion and the one that will assist me most during my time within the Staff team if accepted is my ability to beย  unbiased, whenever I deal with a situation regardless of the situation I always try to see from both sides and figure out motive from both sides, get the evidence from both sides, and come to a proper verdict for the situation instead of seeing only one side and possible missing vital evidence or information which happens a lot.

Thank you for reading, like I said I'm open to criticism so if you give me a -1 please include your reasoning why so if I get denied I can learn from my mistakes and build myself to be better for both myself and the server.

๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐›๐š๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐†๐† ๐Œ๐‘๐? ๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐จ, ๐ˆ๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐๐ž ๐๐ž๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฌย No, I have not.ย 

๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐š๐๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ, ๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง?:ย No, I have not applied previously.

๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ž?:ย As I stated earlier I am on almost every day and those times may vary from as little as around 4 hours to as large as over 10 hours, however, if I am not on the server I am sometimes on TeamSpeakย in case I am needed, or if not people can easily reach me through Discord.

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

Its nothing personal. I just don't like how you treat people and how you handle situations and handle people in general. In my opinion you don't treat everyone the same and respectfully as you do with your closer friends. You also break some rules in game (Crouch & Crouch Jump) but I won't hold that against you because I am also trying to stop crouch jumping and I still do it accidentally. I don't doubt that you could be staff on the technical side of things and you are active, I just don't like how you treat people who aren't close to you which could lead to bias.ย 

This is my opinion...

Good Luck though man

Edited by hysteria
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, hysteria said:

Its nothing personal. I just don't like how you treat people and how you handle situations and handle people in general. In my opinion you don't treat everyone the same and respectfully as you do with your closer friends. You also break some rules in game (Crouch & Crouch Jump) but I won't hold that against you because I am also trying to stop crouch jumping and I still do it accidentally. I don't doubt that you could be staff on the technical side of things and you are active, I just don't like how you treat people who aren't close to you which could lead to bias.ย 

This is my opinion...

Good Luck though man

Wdym treat others differently, I don't treat anyone differently, also yea sometimes I accidentally crouch jump but it's not intentional it's cuz I jump and try to crouch on the floor but sometimes crouch jump. Please give me an example of me treating others unfairly because I try my best to treat everyone with unbias.

Edited by CanadianTyrant

I personally have never had any issues with you. But I would definitely like for you to treat others the way you want to be treated. As staff that's something you always have to carry with yourself. Some comments, attitude or the overall way you treat certain people is not a trait a staff member should carry. You do a good amount for Army and you're pretty active on the server, keep that up.ย Focus on improving yourself all around and I'm sure you'd be a good fit for the team. Treat everyone with respect and understand all sides of stories until saying something against someone.ย In the mean time work on yourself and building a good reputation with the server / community and apply again when you feel you've improved.

Edited by Rust
  • Agree 1

Not gonna lie, this app is pretty well written imo. Not only that, but lately we've been getting a lot of staff that are previous staff on MRP. We could do with some fresh faces to the staff team. I want to see more NEW staff come into the picture, not just recycling the ones who've already been here.ย 

With that being said, is canadiantyrant the right guy for that? Personally, not by fault of his own I don't know him too well other than the "vega killer" memes, and the occasional OOC post. It doesn't help that I am RU and he is US. Personally I don't know if I've ever seen him being genuinely toxic or treating people badly. So I can't speak for what Rust and Hysteria said.ย 

Overall though, a lot of what Hysteria and Rust said could be learned as a staff member. When I was in Jim's GRU back on original Delta, I got staff. GRU were really the only people I actually knew, yet I learned how to be unbiased through my time as staff. I don't doubt that canadiantyrant could be a good staff member.ย 

+1. Just remember that players exist outside of GB and 11B.

- 1 Onย the technical side of things, you would probably do great, but I feel like you need to work on yourself, be more respectful, there are some people that i feel you some what target, and i feel that would not be good for a staff member, it gives others the feeling that you may become biased, I would like to see you work on yourself before you worry about becoming staff and trying to deal with all the staff stuff.

ย 

Currently: Armyย LtGen

2 minutes ago, Camo said:

- 1 Onย the technical side of things, you would probably do great, but I feel like you need to work on yourself, be more respectful, there are some people that i feel you some what target, and i feel that would not be good for a staff member, it gives others the feeling that you may become biased, I would like to see you work on yourself before you worry about becoming staff and trying to deal with all the staff stuff.

pretty much what i was gonna say, also you need to definitely work on favoritism because it can definitely get you in trouble as a staff member as you are the deciding factor in many people's day to day issues

4 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

(I'm going to explain this because it's technically a false warn

you can always appeal as well.

ย 

good luck, but it's a -1 from me

• Agree 1

Thank you all for your criticism, I've realized that apparently I may be treating others unfairly and I will try to work more on that.

With the amount of -1's I have I doubt I will be accepted, but thank you all for the criticism though. I will try my best to change and better myself before applying again.

• Friendly 4

-1.ย Considering that I don't intend to be, nor am I, currently active within the MRP community, my response will be based on word-of-mouth and your application.

5 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

AttRDM (I'm going to explain this because it's technically a false warn, so due to the new "cheese" shit about 5 mins before war a large portion of the Enlisted were spamming cheese. I had ordered them all to stop spamming but one continued so I tried to handcuff him but it didn't switch to handcuffs like it usually does since it was last used I accidentally shot him in the face so when he reported me for the handcuffing I got warned for AttRDM)

The situation you're talking about sounds more like legitimate attempted RDM, although on accident, than a false warn. It is up to staff discretion whether or not to warn you for breaking a rule regardless of your intent - this is of course disregarding certain existing procedures where there is a more strict restriction of said decision.

I've spoken with some people and they've stated that I would be a good mod so with the population of the server growing meaning more staff are needing due to the heavy influx of rule breakers I have decided to finally apply and give my shot to join the staff team.

Your job as a staff member (or more specifically, a moderator) is not specifically to enforce the rules. You must have an open, unbiased mind that utilizes evidence given to you to moderate the server, providing a fun and fair experience toย allย players, while also assisting users if they have any sort of trouble (but not exclusively trouble with other players). Although, you do remedy this mistake in the next paragraph where you briefly speak about being a friendly helper to other players (and then, in my opinion, squash that by saying "stopping Army from doing dumb shit").

I'm a very coachable meaning I care a lot about the criticism I get and I encourage criticism, if people have an issue with how I did something, or how I act I don't ignore them I always listen to their opinions and try to use it to build and learn from any of my mistakes so that I can better myself. I think my biggest strength in my opinion and the one that will assist me most during my time within the Staff team if accepted is my ability to beย  unbiased, whenever I deal with a situation regardless of the situation I always try to see from both sides and figure out motive from both sides, get the evidence from both sides, and come to a proper verdict for the situation instead of seeing only one side and possible missing vital evidence or information which happens a lot.

Firstly, your responses to the critique (or rather, the opinions people have posted since some don't really give you feedback) can play a major role. They contradict your openness to criticism with how semi-aggressively defensive your replyย seemed to be. Then, following all of that, you share that you believe your biggest strength is how youย can beย unbiased (wording is op)ย - which strangely seems to be the opposite based on a few other responses that state so.

While this isn't necessarily feedback on what you could do to improve, it does (like other responses) highlight what potential problems exist.

ย 

I wrote this before the most recent post, but good on you to come forward and accept what was said by other people. It's a first step and I wish to you the best of luck.

Edited by Fier
  • Informative 1

ย So like to start off by saying on a personal level you seem like a good guy.

However I have noticed that you like to bend the rules and blame it on ignorance most of the time, such as crouch jumping, crouch spamming and basecamping - you also seem to have a lack of maturity in OOC and Sometimes in Comms -ย 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fier said:

-1.ย Considering that I don't intend to be, nor am I, currently active within the MRP community, my response will be based on word-of-mouth and your application.

The situation you're talking about sounds more like legitimate attempted RDM, although on accident, than a false warn. It is up to staff discretion whether or not to warn you for breaking a rule regardless of your intent - this is of course disregarding certain existing procedures where there is a more strict restriction of said decision.

Your job as a staff member (or more specifically, a moderator) is not specifically to enforce the rules. You must have an open, unbiased mind that utilizes evidence given to you to moderate the server, providing a fun and fair experience toย allย players, while also assisting users if they have any sort of trouble (but not exclusively trouble with other players). Although, you do remedy this mistake in the next paragraph where you briefly speak about being a friendly helper to other players (and then, in my opinion, squash that by saying "stopping Army from doing dumb shit").

Firstly, your responses to the critique (or rather, the opinions people have posted since some don't really give you feedback) can play a major role. They contradict your openness to criticism with how semi-aggressively defensive your replyย seemed to be. Then, following all of that, you share that you believe your biggest strength is how youย can beย unbiased (wording is op)ย - which strangely seems to be the opposite based on a few other responses that state so.

While this isn't necessarily feedback on what you could do to improve, it does (like other responses) highlight what potential problems exist.

ย 

I wrote this before the most recent post, but good on you to come forward and accept what was said by other people. It's a first step and I wish to you the best of luck.

Thank you, this was very informative and will help me fix the mistakes I made in my application and my wording. The only thing I'd like to say is that there was absolutely no intent to actually harm or even kill the Enlisted which is why I disagree with your warn part. In the server for some reason my weapons usually switch to the most recent used weapon of that section and since handcuffs are on 4 along with my AEK I had thought I would pull out my handcuffs immediately but instead I accidentally shot him with my AEK since it's the 1st to come up. I genuinely didn't attempt to harm the guy and I was just trying to deal with someone who was ignoring an officers command.

All of that said, thank you for your comment as it is greatly appreciated and I will take it all into consideration, I felt as though I was unbiased but it seems that I may have a slight bias which I will be working on and trying my hardest to fix because being un-biased is one of the required skills needed to be in a Moderation team.

1 hour ago, Soap- said:

ย So like to start off by saying on a personal level you seem like a good guy.

However I have noticed that you like to bend the rules and blame it on ignorance most of the time, such as crouch jumping, crouch spamming and basecamping - you also seem to have a lack of maturity in OOC and Sometimes in Comms -ย 

I'd like to start off by saying, yes I sometimes mistakenly crouch mid jump which is a habit I am trying to fix along with the crouch spam, although I don't legitimately spam crouch I do understand that during fights sometimes I do crouch a lot and I'll try to fix that.ย 

The lastย thing I'd like to say tho is that OOC is a chat where you can dick around, it's the place where I get to joke around but I will try to limit my amount of immaturity, however, I don't understand where are you with the comms because when I use comms I understand it's an RP chat and I keep maturity there.

With all that said, I may slightly disagree with some stuff you said but I will still take it into account and try to ensure my maturity during the use of OOC and Comms as well as fix the habits of crouching a tad bit too much lol.