Buff Prestiging in DarkRP

rapts

Description: I believe that Prestige should give you more benefits.My first suggestion would be to make a way to show that you prestiged by
showing it on your level (either have levels go past 100 or have your level say that you prestiged, ex. Level 132 or Prestige 1 Level 32).
My second suggestion is buffing the Venom class by putting pro lockpick and keypad cracker on it, but keep it as the only class that non-vips
can access with the pro keypad cracker/lockpick (In other words, don't switch it to VIP-only just because it's got the pro raiding tools.) This will give Non-VIPs an incentive to grind to prestige
as they would only be able to use pro lockpick/cracker with this class and would also give VIPs a reason to prestige as everyone with VIP already has a class with pro
lockpick/cracker. Because of this, VIP's only incentive to use this class right now is the Spiderman SWEP.

Reasoning:These changes would give people a much better incentive to prestige in DarkRP as as it is right now, nobody really knows that
you put in the time to prestige and when you do prestige,the only reason people would use the prestige classes is to go around using the
Spiderman SWEP or play as civil protection because if someone wanted to raid, they'd use a class with pro lockpick/keypad cracker.

Edited by Rapts
  • Agree 2

+1

23 minutes ago, Rapts said:

buffing the Venom class by putting pro lockpick and keypad cracker on it, but keep it as the only class that non-vips can access with the pro keypad cracker/lockpick.

This I really like, as most prestiged players have VIP, and have no reason to play venom because of the basic raiding tools

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

+1, buffing prestige I believe is already being discussed though.

A very familiar suggestion has already been made by @ajbedhead about buffing prestige with different ideas, but I can also see some of your ideas being implemented as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It needs to be buffed 100% and I definitely agree on your second point I just don’t get how your first point is technically buffing it, it’s only a cosmetic or something that I can’t see affecting gameplay as it’s not really giving you any benefit. But moving on from that I still agree with your 2nd point so +1

4 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

It needs to be buffed 100% and I definitely agree on your second point I just don’t get how your first point is technically buffing it, it’s only a cosmetic or something that I can’t see affecting gameplay as it’s not really giving you any benefit. But moving on from that I still agree with your 2nd point so +1

With the new (old) hud it shows ur prestige now, so the first point has already been implemented unless they switch the hud back

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, evity said:

Skill tree, prestige token, perk points, extra printer? currently there's hardly even any at all incentive to prestige

That would be dope I like ya thinking

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

+1 to the Venom suggestion. I've heard it suggested before and I've wanted this myself for a while, it's not like I don't have VIP but once I found out it doesn't have VIP raiding tools I stopped using it.

Paying 10mill to prestige and grinding to level 100 and then AGAIN grinding to nearly level 100 should reward you with VIP raiding tools... plus, since only one person can use it at a time, I don't think that the impact would be bad.

I don't think I've ever heard of someone prestiging and getting to Venom without VIP however, though it does provide a goal for those who can't donate or wouldn't rather just use the 10mill to get credits from someone to get VIP with.

The printer suggestion that's been brought up, I think would be bad. I have prestiged enough times I could pump out 1mill an hour on my own if I got a printer for every prestige. Skill tree and prestige tokens sound neat to spec certain attributes, but I think giving prestiged players a hard advantage over everyone else defeats the point of it; prestiging is and always has been a cosmetic thing.

• Agree 1
  • 2 months later...
Guest proggy

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1 

Your suggestion has been Accepted

While there isn't many specifics in this thread, we do intend on adding more prestige content soon.
We foresee many more people prestiging with the new XP bonus we just included to more active players.

Please make more specific suggestions as to which classes & perks you would like to see given to prestiged players.