Theta's 2nd Staff Application!

Theta2

7 hours ago, UrdnotWrex said:

So I want to preface by saying that my only experience with you is anecdotal and should really be taken with a grain of salt, especially since I didn't record it. But I was pretty alarmed when I saw you on the server the other day encouraging and telling a low level player to RDM, even going so far as to tell him how to get away with it.

I happened to overhear you talking to a level 1 Bloodz player about mass RDMing. You dropped him several guns and told him how to upgrade his armor/bullet penetration in order to maximize the number of kills. Then said, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here, "Remember, if a citizen tries to report you for RDM, say they tried to shoot you first but kept missing." The guy then proceeded to kill as many people he could which, surprise surprise, got him a nice 3 week ban. Obviously his actions are not your responsibility, but I thought encouraging that kind of behavior was reckless. I even reported it to an admin who told me "It's shitty, but we can't do anything about it." When I called you out about it in OOC (again, I don't have screenshots so take it as you will), you deflected.

Perhaps it's not my place to cast judgement on a VIP with thousands of hours -- it probably isn't. But I just don't really like the idea of someone who encouraged and enabled rule breaking to have the power to ban or jail me.

When was this?  

Neutral.

listen I know you have the experience and I definitely would give you support. but you have some warns, while also having that telling people to break rules on you which are will  annoy some people, but people are still gonna put it on you. I would wait at least another week like let the warns go and play clean week. After that you come back make an application assuming everything‘s good you’re definitely getting my support you can literally copy and paste even though I’m not telling you to and I’ll still give you support. But that’s what I would do it’s just my opinion I definitely think you capable of your job and I wouldn’t be pissed off if you got accepted I would be happy because I know you could do it. Like for me personally I think you’re more than capable of getting into that staff mode of being mature and doing your job correctly and definitely providing a good influence on the newer players

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

When was this?  

Late last week, I can't remember the exact day.

I submitted a report and spoke to a staff member regarding it. Not sure if it's possible to see my previous reports submitted, but it would be there (and the staff member who handled my case may be able to also add insights to my story).

Edited by UrdnotWrex
8 hours ago, Theta2 said:

I just want to remind you that I will be in a different state of mind if I get a staff rank again!

I know I am not DarkRP staff, nor do I play DarkRP that much, even before applying for staff you should be in the mindset imo. Act professional, be mature, help out new players etc before you get staff and then that leads into when you get staff. I mean I know you from before when I played DarkRP for a hot while and you were a great staff member so I know that you will be good again but as a former high ranking staff member you should know how to act, especially before reapplying for staff.

-1 (clarification)

Good luck though, you definitely deserve staff don't get me wrong, I just don't think that now might be the best time.

Edited by hysteria
god I hate english, dumbass bring back delta force
6 minutes ago, hysteria said:

I know I am not DarkRP staff, nor do I play DarkRP that much, even before applying for staff you should be in the mindset imo. Act professional, be mature, help out new players etc before you get staff and then that leads into when you get staff. I mean I know you from before when I played DarkRP for a hot while and you were a great staff member so I know that you will be good again but as a former high ranking staff member you should know how to act, especially before reapplying for staff

I worded the statement you quoted wrong, I meant to say by the time a verdict would be made on this staff application I would already be done with my old ways of yknow, breaking the rules. I've been trying to stay outta trouble for the past day or two. I believe my mindset is already ready for the job if accepted.

*edit*

As proven with my last staff application I applied shortly after changing off a minge player. I am very quick to make a uturn on how I act with the server, this hasn't changed since then.

Edited by Theta2
1 minute ago, Theta2 said:

I worded the statement you quoted wrong, I meant to say by the time a verdict would be made on this staff application I would already be done with my old ways of yknow, breaking the rules. I've been trying to stay outta trouble for the past day or two. I believe my mindset is already ready for the job if accepted.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I still feel that maybe you should've given yourself a tad more time to fix your "old ways of yknow, breaking the rules" but I will change to a plus 1. I think you can handle staff again.

+1 good luck 🙂 

2 hours ago, WhitePeopleUltimateEdition said:

I would have to agree with him. You have great hours, past staff. But getting a player to rdm and get a 3 week ban Is kind of crappy. Either way I'm going for neutral If more people say that you'll be good, then I'll +1.

Only reason I chose to quote this is because its sounding like I tricked him into massing, I didn't. The guy wanted a gun from me and I was like "ight bet" and said to him "Make sure to get a killstreak of 20 for me" and he said he was gonna mass indeed so I was like, mind as well make sure he doesn't die before getting 3 kills so he isn't stuck playing on a server he wants to be banned on because hes in a jail. So I bought him perks and made a joke about how to get away with it.

I did n o t trick him into getting banned, he knew what he was doing and wanted to be banned before I even handed him the gun.

• Disagree 1

+1 I was unaware of the 2 warns and Mass RDM encouragement when I gave you my referral, but I’ll still give you a +1 and here’s why. Theta has lots of experience on this server, knows the rules way too well, and he’s a nice guy. He’s willing to cut all the bullshit when he needs to and I know he definitely won’t act this way when he’s a staff member. In my opinion, you should’ve applied at a later date and definitely shouldn’t have encouraged that person to Mass RDM, but with how well you know the rules and how I know you’ll change the way you act, I’m going to +1. I’m counting on you.

• Agree 2
5 hours ago, JackJJ said:

Theta has lots of experience on this server, knows the rules way too well, and he’s a nice guy. He’s willing to cut all the bullshit when he needs to and I know he definitely won’t act this way when he’s a staff member.

I can back this. Half of you on here dissing theta don't even know him from a ham sandwich. Yeah he's done some bad shit, but who hasn't? Theta has more experience than at least half the mods combined. I will always back this man because he has shown himself to be great. Good luck bro.

• Like 2