Sydney Game Master Application

Fetn

In-game name: 2GA PKN Sydney Deviluke

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:220893720

Warns: Basecamp, Diss in OOC, RDM, Crouch Jump, RDM, RDM 

Timezone: PST  

Playtime?: | 2GA PKN Sydney Deviluke has played for 3665:01:36.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes 

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Valor, Party, Aparh, Tuna, 

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional]  DRP GM for a little while but then it got shut down

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details I was banned on DRP for mass rdm mass nlr but those 2 bans were from a couple years ago. On MRP I was banned for Cheating by gythem. I appealed and it got accepted.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 6 to 9 hours a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of a gamemaster is to provide players with more engaging RP, I have seen game masters on SWRP and they get the player base engaged in the lore and RP. GMs need to get players more into RP and not just combat, players should be having fun in events they can be passive events along the lines of MEDRP or engineer RP. If the players are having fun RPing in events/campaigns that GMs hold then they are up holding their responsibilities. Also GMs should be taking criticism and getting ideas from the community on what to do on their next event or step in their campaign. A big part of being a GM is making sure the community is involved and making sure they know what is going on.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to RP as a member of the GM team by not only adding on to the RP that currently happens like the common ones i.e. kidnapping and raids but also putting more passive RP of sorts like a political meeting or a talk among the countries. Also I would contribute to RP by helping out in as many events as possible and contributing ideas to the other GMs on what to do in their events. Adding in more details to small RP things and big RP things so newer players are pushed a bit to get more involved within the RP. May that be a newer player being made the surgeon operating on the Marshal/GA or  just over all adding a little bit of meaning behind each kidnap and raid. I know how to control the balance between fun activities and strict activities but there is a point in which it is perfect and not too strict and not too boring. I feel I know how to get to that point but sometimes that's boring if done wrong but I know I won’t be repetitive so it doesn’t get boring. You can use scenarios based on IRL events or fictional events so that every little detail in an event is different and unique in its own way. With me knowing the PVP capabilities of this server and the map layout like the back of my hand  it would give me a huge advantage when planning and coordinating with fellow GMs.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:  The Ukraine is requesting assistance from the UN to help ease the tension between them and Russia, United States Special Forces operatives would be sent to help the Ukraine in case of a conflict between the Ukraine and Russia were to happen.

The map would be switched to a map that closely represents the Ukraine might that be Siberia or a custom made map by garnet for 24 hours. There would be a peacetime for an hour and a half each 2 wars that would happen in that hour and a half more passive RP or violent RP would happen. Just so the people who love combat on MRP can get combat in and if they love the RP of MRP they would get some of that too.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Hostage Rescue

So basically this is gonna be following a sort of story. 

Basically the terrorist groups of Afghan have holed up near town center from what scouts have seen they have seen a medium sized group of terrorists holding 2 to 4 local government officials. The United States has been tasked to rescue the hostages and leave no terrorists alive at all. If any hostages were killed this will be very hard for the United States forces to continue on this campaign.

Explosives Retrieval 

So continuing on after you rescue these hostages you get a translator and you speak with them. After speaking with them, they tell you there is an explosive munitions depot near where they were being held. The depot was also found out by the terrorist which is why it was a medium sized group instead of a large sized group half of them split off to the depot. The United States forces must go to the depot and kill all terrorists and take the explosives back to their FOB if they did get the explosives they would be granted the use of explosives in an upcoming event.

Political Discussion

The United States and Russia have both decided to hold a meeting with Ambassadors and high ranking officers at a location. This meeting will be bombed by terrorists due to the terrorist not wanting Russia to be at peace with the US. There would be one spy in the mix of either the Russian side or the US side. They will be fit with an explosive device in the middle of the meeting they will explode themselves causing utter chaos in the meeting and getting both countries out of that area. Either side would not know who did the bombing so they would blame each other and continue having a conflict with each other and keep fighting each other. If the bomber fails then the meeting would be adjourned and both sides would quickly flee the area since they don’t know if there are any other bombers. They can either hold another meeting or they will continue their conflict with one another.

Spying on a meeting

“There is a spy among us” 

The United States is holding a meeting with 11A Officers and SOC. The Russians got wind of this and planted a spy among one of them may be an officer or SOC member.  The meeting will be discussing a “strike” of sorts on the Russian base so they can cripple their defenses for another strike later on. What would happen when the Russians got informed of the strike they would set up defenses in their base and set up expert marksmen outside of their base to pick off the United States troops one by one once they started their initial confrontation. If the Russians could hold on to their base and stay alive the Russians would then order an airstrike on the United States FOB. The Russians would also be running towards the US FOB to get a counter attack to kill as many men as possible. If the Russians were overrun by the United States forces what would happen then would be the Russians would have to flee and regroup as many people as they could then while the United States weren’t expecting it to put out an attack on the RU base so they can take it back from the United States. 

Experts vs Experts

Alpha gathers the intelligence of an old team of expert soldiers coming back around. Alpha had problems with them before this team was called ISI or Inter-Services-Intelligence, Alpha is here to assist the Russian Federation win this war against the United States. ISI is here to gather intelligence on the Russians but Alpha gets wind of where their small base of operations is so Alpha is tasked with infiltrating the ISI base of operations and taking out their small cell organization there. If Alpha fails ISI would gather information on ALL of RU and would sell it to either the US or the RU highest bidder gets the information. This information is worth a fortune in which is why they are selling it so high. If the US gets the information they would get information that would be used in different events later on. If the Russians get their information back they would be able to keep that information safe with them for now until a new event happens.

Naval Warfare

The United States Navy gets intelligence of the Russian Navy conducting very suspicious patrolling around the Atlantic ocean. The United States have been ordered to find out what the Russians are doing there but then a Russian battleship fires upon one of the US aircraft carriers. This implies the Russians do not want the United States figuring out what they are doing there so the United States are being ordered to take out all Russian Naval ships in order to keep the peace and figure out what they were doing. Soldiers would be manning destroyers battleships and aircraft carriers for dog fights in the air. If the United States won they would find out valuable information on what the Russians were doing in the Atlantic ocean but if they lost the Russians would push the American Naval force back and keep their secret operation a secret till another strike by the US Navy.

Night Raid

US Special Forces have been tasked with finding and eliminating Dorka Chernov a Russian arms dealer providing the Russians with valuable equipment and vehicles. This arms dealer would be held up in a safe house in a town filled with Russian Special operatives and a high ranking officer. They are conducting a meeting with the arms dealer to get more weapons and vehicles the US Special forces are tasked to end the meeting and leave no one alive. If they are spotted the entire mission would be compromised and they would have to immediately extract and get out of there before they are over run by Russian special forces operatives.  If they aren't spotted and successfully take out the arms dealer and kidnap the high ranking officer they would be extracted by means of vehicle. Their would be a vehicle near where they are now they can do 2 approaches, either they go out stealth fully and possibly risk going loud or they put on the Russian special forces outfits and walk out to the vehicle with the high ranking officer bluffing all the way if they are stopped by anyone. If the US Special Forces succeed they would be able to interrogate the Russian high ranking officer and get intelligence on future operations held by the Russians if they failed the Russians would plan a strike on the US FOB and murder dozens of personnel on the base. 

Armor vs Armor

Russian tanker brigade has fired upon a US tanker brigade and started a conflict. The conflict would involve Russian ground forces and US army + a tanker brigade per side. The tanker brigades would be used to help out the infantry with covering them and providing them cover while in a fire fight. They would also have to make sure they take each other tanker brigade out so the opposition can't use their armor against infantry, it would be a slaughter if so. The Russian ground forces main goal is to go and capture the US FOB from the United States while the US are trying to push the Russians back into a different valley so they have complete control of the area they are fighting in. If the Russians win they would be granted additional equipment and information used for later events. If the United States won and got their goal complete they would be given equipment, information, and a Russian high ranking officer to interrogate when they took over the Russian base in the valley.

Edited by Fetn
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 4
2 minutes ago, Zachman said:

Neutral 

fetn i love you man but right now you are DRP staff  already and with compadre when he tried to apply its very time constraining not to mention you said that you are currently going to put 6 to 9 hours into the GM role and then on top of it you need to be on DRP as well to help take the monstrous amount of sits we got, i feel that you really need to pick one or the other but who knows maybe you can do it just fine and if you can show that you can then it would be a +1, your last 3 event ideas seem creative but the first two are very generic and often used a lot of a hostage rescue and explosives retrieval so in opinion i would have changed those.

But best of luck on your app still fetn.

I am currently 2GA PKN I am active on both MRP and DRP I do my duties as a 2GA Officer and a DRP Staff member. I believe I can do both at the same time I can do my job as a staff member and a GM I will be adding 2 more event ideas in order to make up for the first two those first two were the start of a mini campaign sort of. Thanks for the feedback though mr zachman!

Since you have my referral you know it’s a +1 but just to respond to zachman I want to say that fetn if putting a lot of work into 2GA and MRP as well as DRP he is pretty much reviving 2GA and making sure that people who are WO+ and the enlisted as well are being taken care of and making sure if they fuck up proper punishment will come.

you are putting a lot of work into the server and I do believe that you will be a great gamemaster. Good luck old friend!

• Like 1

+1, obviously since i Ref him. I’m going to add to why i gave him my ref.

1. Fetn is genuinely interested in roleplay. During events he tries to help anyway he can. Outside of events he still promotes RP. He has a great attitude towards it and takes it seriously when needed. 

2. Activity, While fetn is DRP staff he’s still active. Before I gave him my Ref i thought about that, but Fetn has proven he can be active on both DRP and 2GA officer, i think he’ll be able to fill all his roles. 

3. He has good ideas and with a little bit of help i think he can flesh out really good roleplay sessions. 

I think he’ll make a good addition to the GM team. 

• Like 1

+1

While we’ve had our differences before, I do believe that you’ve changed for the better. Also having another impactful player to the GM team will definitely help give the server another another boost.

Your ideas seem very well thought out and gives players room to go off script, which is an ideal GM thought process.

I wish you luck on this application fetn!

• Like 1

+1 

I always see you whenever I'm on the server and you seem like a nice guy. Haven't really had a huge amount of interactions with you but think that's mainly because you are an RU main.

If you believe that you can manage both roles on MRP and DRP then I don't see this being an issue, but obviously that's at the higher ups discretion.

Your ideas for events sound awesome and well thought out. I really hope they can be used in the future.

Best of luck to you :).

Edited by Angry
  • Like 1

+1

You're very active and definitely a valuable player on the server. I sincerely hope that this application will get accepted since we are in need of some more gamemasters to bolster up the RP factors of the server to make it feel like an actual MRP again. You are also a good player skillwise, so you definitely know what you're doing - from the ideas I've seen in your application you are also a creative person.  

• Like 1

I usually wouldn't respond to something like this but I feel I should just clear something up, you can easily be a moderator on one server and a GM on our server. Just last year I was a GM on MRP and Mod through to Manager on SWRP, I had no issues keeping up with my responsibilities on both servers and I don't believe Fetn would either as he had more time to dedicate to it than I did.

However, maybe DarkRP is an entirely different kettle of fish. @proggy as SA, do you think it possible to moderate DRP and GM on MRP? Any response would be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Guest proggy
4 hours ago, Jake said:

However, maybe DarkRP is an entirely different kettle of fish. @proggy as SA, do you think it possible to moderate DRP and GM on MRP? Any response would be appreciated.

I believe Fetn could manage to hit sit quotas on darkrp as well as host several events a month on MRP. He's definitely active enough on both servers, and I don't see any issues with him having GM on MRP if you all don't have any issues with it. 🙂

30 minutes ago, proggy said:

I believe Fetn could manage to hit sit quotas on darkrp as well as host several events a month on MRP. He's definitely active enough on both servers, and I don't see any issues with him having GM on MRP if you all don't have any issues with it. 🙂

+1, fetn can handle anything handed to him.

He's a damn well dedicated staff member, and I doubt he will have any issues with being GM on MRP, and help out on darkrp at the same time.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 4
On 3/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, Shin_Tsukimi said:

+1, fetn can handle anything handed to him.

He's a damn well dedicated staff member, and I doubt he will have any issues with being GM on MRP. 

To add to what shin is saying, Fetn also received HR on DarkRP Earlier than usual due to the fact that he was more than ready for the role. Very helpful on our side, and I trust him to be helpful on yours as well.

+1.

Edited by Clicher
Found a typo 7 days later
  • Like 3