Early's Staff Application v2

Early6111

In-game name: Early
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 14 [I have an executive approval from Jake]
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:181923064
Warns: 2
Time zone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]:  180A WO1 Early has played for 579:06:16.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] 
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Fonza, Whu, Angry, Hysteria, & Reeper
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None on GMod
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

Since my last application, I've had some time to revise my paragraphs, but here is what I'd have to say I can contribute if I was accepted. 

In my previous application I mentioned that I had some experience with staffing on ROBLOX. Now, although this is a completely different game and platform, I still believe that the experienced that I gained first hand from that position could be applied to this situation. The experience still isn't as strong as per say a GMod server but it nevertheless, applies here. I believe I'd say I'm pretty fond with the rules of the server after being able to go back and look at what I could improve in my application, which is definitely a strongpoint when it comes to decision making. Rather than having to hear consistent banter about who is right and who is wrong, I believe in a normal situation, it would be easier for someone who knows the rules to apply that to the situation and come to a final decision faster. After all, time is money as they say and its just generally an inconvenience to have to wait for awhile to actually get a final decision, but this of course isn't always the case as most reports are about petty things that are easy to pick and choose.

Besides the experience factor, my last application mentioned about the community, to me, community is top priority and should be for any staff member. But I'd like to expand on this point a bit more because I believe that this is a paramount factor in moderation. I know this is a common trait in a moderator though, but I don't really see anyone talking about it. When a moderator or really anyone on the server has an experience with someone new or not experienced with what the server has to offer, it is highly important that you make them feel welcome and help them to the best your ability, because for all you know, you could be working with them if it works out. But the reason I brought this up is because with the hours I'm able to contribute, and the will I'd have to help the community, I believe that new players joining the server who break a rule shouldn't be served with a punishment (unless intentional), but should be served with respect and a kind of rehabilitation of sorts. Rather than punishing them, they should be taught the rules and ensured that they will not do it again, same thing goes for older players too. An older player gets mad at someone and maybe MRDM's? Bring them into a sit room, talk with them, and serve them the right punishment. I believe this will make the community a lot more enjoyable for players and makes the players feel more welcome then another server that could be toxic (ice).

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details The first time I was punished on MRP was out of my control as I was away from my computer and, although it sounds stereotypical, my older brother was spamming voice line commands in chat. The second warn I was unaware of the rules on claiming areas to which I KOS'd someone on my claim but I was quickly informed on the rules of claiming.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: My last application was on 3-14-21, I did not have an executive approval.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4-10 hours a day, depending on the day however.

• Agree 5

+1

Chill and respectable, never had problems with him, good pick for the staff team. Good Luck!

18 minutes ago, RealRichard said:

would like to see less complaining about RPGs though

Everyone complains about RPGs, they are generally annoying for the receiving end.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
15 hours ago, RealRichard said:

would like to see less complaining about RPGs though....

Yeah, this is not really something you can blame on him. The RPG influx on the RU side has genuinely been a pain in the ass - I don't disagree with Early if he's complaining that much.

Definitely a +1 for me as well. Mature guy who has good intentions on the server. Always up for a good conversation and just a pleasure to be around whenever he's on the server. You'd make a good addition to the staff team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1