Shot in the dark || Yurri ban appeal

Yurri

In-game name: Yurri
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  (STEAM_0:1:521426585)
Staff members in-game name: proggy
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): (STEAM_0:0:66620478)
Date & Time of incident: 4/6 || 19:30 CST
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: Evasion
How long were you banned for?: perm
Proof of Ban: 

2021-04-06 - 19:29:24 Yurri(STEAM_0:1:521426585) proggy | garnet.gg(STEAM_0:0:66620478) 19-03:14 ban evasion

What happened? (include any proof): caught ban evading

Why should your ban be removed?: It was going to happen sooner or later, and I feel like I have to address this now. I'm taking a shot in the dark for this one. I am aware of what I have done. I know this will be denied, but I have nothing better to do, so I will try to prove myself. I am well aware that this isn't a place for sob stories, so don't get on my ass for this. I know there were consequences to come, and that it would happen sooner or later, but I want to clear things up. Although I know all of you are more than disappointed that a T. Admin was evading a ban on the servers, I feel like that was a time to prove myself. After I evaded from my prior ban, there was something I knew. I wasn't done with the server. There was a reason I took my time to go on to alt on this server and not find a new one. It was something I genuinely enjoyed. I knew I wasn't ready to be done -- something I didn't see/know when I was a retarded 11B CPL. I understand what I did was completely wrong, but I didn't realize it yet. I didn't know how far this server and community would take me alone. To get back to the point of why I feel as i could be unbanned is because people's views on me. I know management and executives and shit aren't too thrilled rn. However, this run for me just goes to show how much someone, a failure and retard like me, can come. I went on to become the leader of a faction within 20 days, and then staff at 76 hours. With nobody knowing me -- a new face in the community, in my eyes, it doesn't happen to often. I like to believe that someone, anyone looked up for me for something. It could've been the smallest thing possible, however that can go to show that someone can change a lot. I went on from being an idiot on the server to something I never believed I could've. I understand fully that this will be denied, and I take and will own up  for everything I've done in the past. once again, i'm ready for all the shitpost comments and don't think it will be possible for an evasion ban to be accepted in any sort of way. it was a shot in the dark. For those of you who aren't in contact with me, when/if this gets denied, I will miss you and hope to see you around sometime. ❤️

Edited by Yurri
add
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

+1

Now, there will be a large amount of bias from me, considering I am his friend, but I beg everybody to look at it objectively, it just seems stupid to me. There was a guy who cheated, he got on an alt, started to enjoy the server, and changed. After changing, he became staff, a faction leader, and an officer in another faction. He became friends with pretty much everybody he came into contact with, and was extremely enjoyable to be around. Clearly showing change, and clearly showing that he regretted his actions, he was banned again, as a result of his stupid actions 4 months ago. I don't know man, it really is a sad tale. I believe that the current Yurri is not nearly the same as the one that cheated, and I believe he should be given a "second chance", or maybe what could be considered a first chance, if you simply void the person that he is no longer (the one that cheated). Look at the current Yurri from the day he ban evaded to the current day. That person is a role model within the community, and somebody that can be respected and even looked up to. Look at the person before he ban evaded, a scummy cheater, who was in it to ruin people's time. Now you tell me, are they the same person? 

Edited by Acer
  • Like 1

I understand 100%. I hope to keep in-touch with you. los santos customs was hella fun

same to you too acer. Hope to keep in-touch and play shit together in the future. great playing gmod with you man and take care while im gone

• Like 2

Okay, hear me out. Yurri has been a pretty solid guy, he was a good staff member and a good faction leader. People make mistakes, while ban evading isn’t something you should ever do, i don’t think he should be perma’d. He showed he was a solid guy, staff members make mistakes, humans make mistakes. Its just apart of life. Ozzy has done it, Horse has done it, Regret has done it, Jackal has done it. These are all players who have made mistakes but we continued to allow to play the server.

i know this argument isn’t the best point but i just think there’s a way we can go around this. rules have been bended and changed for certain players in the past.

+1, Don’t Cheat, Don’t ban evade. But i get it, people make mistakes. You showed you were a good guy. I think you still need a punishment, but a perm i just don’t think is the way to go. It was a non malicious evade, he did it to better himself and the server, anyone can see that.

Edited by Aparh
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

I agree with you aparh. I do deserve a punishment. However, I want to say this in the least biased way. Since Ozzy's report, I am almost certain there hasn't been a ban wipe. Even though he had a "reason" to cheat, even for the smallest thing like testing a shotgun for a nerf, he hasn't been perma'd, and now has a spot back up at admin. Obviously I don't know all the details of this situation because it happened before I joined the community, I have a decent rundown. I am just going to say, if a ban evasion is going to be a permanent ban, then it should be held up to the same standards and not be bent around -- even if someone was SA at the time of a report against cheating.

Edited by Yurri
add

+1 ONLY IF YOUR THE GUY WITH THAT ANIME PFP

if you're that guy, than you are one of the nicest people on mrp

This is kinda like horssy ban appeal "a shot in the dark" and it got accepted,

but this is alot recent then 9 months

Neutral

While I agree you have changed, you still have to endure the punishment. Cheating and ban evasion is not something to be taken lightly, but right now you are a role model, like Aparh said, your a solid staff member, faction leader, and friend. If this gets appealed or a ban wipe happens, I'll see you then, but until that happens we can chill in other games, TS/Discord, etc.

Good Luck

• Agree 1

+1

Yurri realized that he actually liked the server and knew he made a mistake, that being the obvious reason he made an alt account. The ban should be reduced, a perma ban is extreme, he clearly has good intentions for the server which is shown by his determination in staff. If Yurri were a person who didn't really seem to care about the server or was very toxic then I would've said no, but he's a very chill person.

• Agree 1
  • Community Director

You know I don't really like +1ing people who do stupid shit or apologize in ban appeals; but man I gotta say:

+1 - You've proven yourself to be a competent and contributing member of this community. We give retards second chances and they keep failing, being toxic, cheating again; you came back and ACTUALLY changed; you're a TAdmin, lead factions, officer in one currently, competent enough to get reserves. I think you really should be unbanned. The intent wasn't to ban evade maliciously; you didn't come on an alt and cheat, you didn't come on and mass again, like other players. 

Good luck man.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2

Talked to you many times in the past, you’re a very chill guy with just a bad past which is still inexcusable, everyone makes mistakes but some mistakes are more severe then others.

Evading a ban for whatever reason you were banned in the first place should’ve never happened, but you did, proved yourself among the community, even becoming a Trial Administrator.

While I’d love to +1 this, I don’t think I really can until I hear you true reasoning, if any at all.

I, someone new to the staff team appreciate all the hard work you put into the server and I wouldn’t mind +1ing this if you could go further into detail via DMs why you did so.

Discord: Lucid#0420

TS Name: RealRichard

IGN: 2GA LT RealRichard

I'm going to start this by thanking you for what you have done until this point, being a reliable staff member and decent enough faction leader. That's where the thanks stop, the fact you ban evaded and then joined staff is simply an insult to us, you spent this whole time effectively being a different person lying to us for the last 4(?) or so months, that is particularly not cool.

TLDR; Thanks for what you did, but fuck you for lying to us for so long.

Denied
Wait for a wipe.

• Sad 3
  • Disagree 9
  • Agree 7