DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Changes to VIP Mod

Description: I am suggesting that people who buy VIP Mod still have to pass a few things, like the minimum playtime for regular applicants. I think that
if people who bought vip mod still had to pass the requirements to apply to staff, it would be better. They still wouldn't have to apply or anything, but
they should have to meet the minimum playtime, the minimum age, etc. People should also be able to get a refund if they don't meet these requirements. 

Reasoning: Recently there has been someone who purchased VIP Mod without even having 10 hours of playtime on the server, and I've noticed that 
he handles certain things a bit differently than someone who has over 72 hours of playtime, or someone who meets the requirements to apply to staff. I just
think that if you don't have at least 72 hours of playtime, you don't have enough experience on the server to enforce the rules. 

(I just want to write here that this isn't in any way against the staff member I mentioned, I think he is doing pretty good considering the situation, I just think that he is a good example of what I am talking about)

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Agree 6

+1

I agree with this, I don’t think a level 3 should buy VIP MOD. A lot of the people who do buy it don’t even know half the rules. It’s dumb and annoying cause they ban the person for the wrong reasoning. They do it just to have power in this server, plus it’s awkward cause we have no previous interaction with them. So, it’s hard to talk to them. I hope this becomes a reality.

• Toxic 1

I know what you mean but honestly it's ez money for Garnet so i don't think it'll be changed but I'll +1 this I think it's dumb as well.

edit: Also people sometimes don't want to spend as much time trying to become a mod on a server so I mean for the person and the owner they both win you know, the person becomes a mod and G gets more money lol I mean it's just business and it works honestly.

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1

Fat +1

No offense to anyone who bought VIP mod at a low level, it's just that it takes a LOT longer to handle them and causes too many issues early on. Though I also believe it will get denied by the money standpoint, it's worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

edit: Also people sometimes don't want to spend as much time trying to become a mod on a server so I mean for the person and the owner they both win you know, the person becomes a mod and G gets more money lol I mean it's just business and it works honestly.

74 hours is nowhere near that much xD

Edited by Celestialitus
grammar :/

I think it's an idea that has been going around for a couple months now. We get good Staff Members and Bad Staff Members. Mostly, say if someone is going to buy VIP Mod, then they will be trained more in-depth. The trainings usually would take a couple hours depending on the knowledge of the player and they won't be able to resolve any reports until they have been fully trained. Usually also when a staff member does something wrong pretty frequently or could lead into something worse, they will eventually get retrained which is a pain. It's an interesting idea, but Garnet prob making bank off it and plus it's more-so their decision whether or not they want to buy it - Which could change their view as a person in-game for the better or worse towards other players.

• Agree 1
17 minutes ago, Romac622 said:

I think it's an idea that has been going around for a couple months now. We get good Staff Members and Bad Staff Members. Mostly, say if someone is going to buy VIP Mod, then they will be trained more in-depth. The trainings usually would take a couple hours depending on the knowledge of the player and they won't be able to resolve any reports until they have been fully trained. Usually also when a staff member does something wrong pretty frequently or could lead into something worse, they will eventually get retrained which is a pain. It's an interesting idea, but Garnet prob making bank off it and plus it's more-so their decision whether or not they want to buy it - Which could change their view as a person in-game for the better or worse towards other players.

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

TO ROMAC MA BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Romac622 said:

Going off of what romac said

I have been here for a while and this entire post is something that has been talked about for fucking YEARS hopefully this will get accepted and maybe @proggy can make this happen, but I agree with everything being said huge +1

• Agree 3
1 minute ago, Fetn said:

I have been here for a while and this entire post is something that has been talked about for fucking YEARS hopefully this will get accepted and maybe @proggy can make this happen, but I agree with everything being said huge +1

"going off what Fetn said" I mean I hope this is accepted as well but if Garnet making bank off this there's no reason for it to be changed ya know. I just don't see it happening people are constantly paying 50 bucks to get mod but we'll see I hope for the best.

I think the only problem would be restricting it to people that have the prerequisites. I guess you could write on the item in the donation portal that you must meet them, but I can see some problems with that. Like people not seeing it and just charging back or something. Great idea, just not sure how it’ll be implemented +1

Neutral

Adding requirements would make the training process easier and help prevent mediocre VIP mods. I'm definitely not against the idea as long as Garnet can still be financially stable if this does end up being implemented.