PoliceRP Update [8/16/2018]

• The Garnut
11 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

duuuude, get rid of crips and bloods are roll out with the Corleone and Yakuza 

4 minutes ago, Dillan said:

Actually Gotham has a decent idea, but instead focuses, like the cartel on drugs, and similar things.

I was actually interested in doing a cartel, gang, and mafia combo where each one focuses on something different, however, I couldn't find the right models for the task 😕

• Like 1
Just now, Garnet said:

I was actually interested in doing a cartel, gang, and mafia combo where each one focuses on something different, however, I couldn't find the right models for the task 😕

Shame Q_Q, it's easier to want to be a criminal when you're dabber AF compared to looking like a deflated balloon lmao. Good updates though, it's a shame that a General probably shouldn't play.

Hey guys, this may not be the right place to post this question. If it isn’t, feel free to remove my comment or call me a dumbass. 

I have heard that MRP players shouldn’t be maining this or at least not playing a whole lot. Could someone clarify this a bit to me? I don’t want to get in trouble with my staff rank or Vega tank if I play this for a bit too long. If I’m a dumbass for asking this I apologize. But it looks so damn cool and I definitely could see myself getting into it, so I was curious how I should go about playing it while not interfering with my MRP reputation. 

Thank you!

~Versetti

• The Garnut
33 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I have heard that MRP players shouldn’t be maining this or at least not playing a whole lot. Could someone clarify this a bit to me? I don’t want to get in trouble with my staff rank or Vega tank if I play this for a bit too long. If I’m a dumbass for asking this I apologize. But it looks so damn cool and I definitely could see myself getting into it, so I was curious how I should go about playing it while not interfering with my MRP reputation. 

No, this is the right place to ask this question. In the past we launched a StarwarsRP server and this resulted in many MilitaryRP players transferring over, the end results were instead of having a solid standing MilitrayRP server (at the time) at 128 players, we had StarwarsRP at 60, and MilitaryRP at 60, which naturally kept degrading as Starwars was in very early beta yet had such an overwhelmingly large amount of traffic, and those who later chose to return to MilitaryRP were left without a rank seeing as they were absent for too long, resulting in anger and more resignations.

If you hold a rank at Vega or any faction that has any respect for that matter, your gen should see that you are maining a different server and drop your rank respectively without allowing you to go on reserves. 

• The Garnut

TL;DR if you hold an important rank on MRP and wish to spend a great deal of time ranking up on PRP, you may want to wait until the server is complete before you make your decision to resign, as it's very unlikely you will have enough time to dedicate to both servers.

5 minutes ago, Garnet said:

TL;DR if you hold an important rank on MRP and wish to spend a great deal of time ranking up on PRP, you may want to wait until the server is complete before you make your decision to resign, as it's very unlikely you will have enough time to dedicate to both servers.

6 minutes ago, Garnet said:

No, this is the right place to ask this question. In the past we launched a StarwarsRP server and this resulted in many MilitaryRP players transferring over, the end results were instead of having a solid standing MilitrayRP server (at the time) at 128 players, we had StarwarsRP at 60, and MilitaryRP at 60, which naturally kept degrading as Starwars was in very early beta yet had such an overwhelmingly large amount of traffic, and those who later chose to return to MilitaryRP were left without a rank seeing as they were absent for too long, resulting in anger and more resignations.

If you hold a rank at Vega or any faction that has any respect for that matter, your gen should see that you are maining a different server and drop your rank respectively without allowing you to go on reserves. 

Thanks for answering my question in such detail. Roger that my friend. I definitely don’t want MRP to suffer because another dope server is being made. I think if I put time into PRP and lost my MRP ranks I would regret it in the end because MRP is what I cherish. BUT I am still excited for the start up of this server and I think it looks awesome. Once again, thanks for the reply and clarification. 

~Versetti

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Can I apply for staff pls I no rules and don’t break them

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

n O r E g R a T s

On a serious note, could you explain the concept. From what I understand its a mix of MRP with DRP elements. Could you go further with an explanation for someone who's never played PoliceRP

It's like DRP with a much heavier emphasis on the police (hence the gamemode name). The MRP aspect we are integrating is apparent in how the police operate on the server (i.e. There are different divisions of law enforcement in which you tryout or apply to join. Upon joining them, you are whitelisted for certain jobs as you rank up.) Meanwhile, there are citizen/criminal jobs players can choose to play as. As you can imagine, going down the path of a criminal means you must be more vigilant of the police, who are a much more difficult force to trifle with than the police on DRP. Normal citizen jobs can be taken as well, such as a banker. Money printing and drug making is also present on the server. 

TL;DR Police RP offers a more RP-intensive style of gameplay with a much larger emphasis on the police(structured similarly to MRP), so if you're into that type of RP (similar to life servers on Arma), this server provides that.

Edited by Zoro
  • Like 1