[Skill Art's] - Moderator Application (5/13/2021)

In-game name: Skill Art
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:139472610
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST (doesn't really matter, on most of the time)
Playtime?: "| Skill Art has played for 76:50:56."
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]       YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]         YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]  Celestialitus
    Past experiences as staff: 
-RetributionRP (Former Staff) : Server Died

-CosmicNetworks (Former Developer/Staff) : Retired

-SuperiorServers.co (Former SA. / Staff) : Retired

-MelonRP (Former HR/Developer) : Server Shutdown

-UnKnownNetworks (Former HR) : Retired

-Smoke'sDRP (Former Staff) : Server Died

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I feel you guys should pick me over other applicants for many reasons. To list a few, I have been on GMOD itself since release and I know most if not, all of the things it has to offer. This could be either console-wise, game sense-wise, etc. I have completely played this game night and day viewing your DRP server from a view most wouldn't even think of. I have over 11k+ steam hours on GMOD on two Mains of mine and would like to add more to the equation( and yes, this is pure playtime with me in-game). So to sum up the first reason, it would all come down to Experience. But, In my eyes there's many more reasons to pick me over others.

So, to start my second reason, I would have to say that it would be my calm nature and thick skin. Most people don't know this when they're new to applying but I can say for sure that some admins/mods I've seen in the past can have some really bad anger issues or just emotional issues when another minge or RP'er gets under their skin. This means that from what I've seen, thicker skin and being able to avoid arguments or bad decisions comes in real handy, especially when it comes to having a rank such as staff. I feel this way because I'm the type of person to not really get offended or get pissed off really swiftly. So that leads me to my summary containing my second point, Chill Attitude and being able to suppress situations easily would be the second reason to pick me over most.

Now, to get into my third and final reason I would like to share some thoughts that I've had on the server so far... From the day I joined the server off a referral from a friend, I could instantly spot and scan the many people of the server that actually held value in the server. There's this really big chain growing and leading up into the higher rankings that most would ever dream of climbing, but the main issue I've seen with most people is that they're either too lazy or just purely don't want to even try to become staff. This leads me to my third and final reason, Ambition. Ambition is probably my strongest quality when a person first meets me. I've heard many things about first meetups about me, but the main thing I hear is, "That guy is really passionate about playing"; or, "He's just a really nice dude to hang around". Now, don't get me wrong but hearing those things just drives me to hangout with everyone on the server and just have a good time. There's this drive that I feel when wanting to become staff again, it just reminds me of my old days of just starting out as staff. Seeing that drive to go forwards and meet new people, or to just overall help. I feel like the word help is very overused and is cliché in most staff applications, but it genuinely has a meaning to me as a person. Helping is one of my favorite things to do overall.

So, to put it simply, Experience, Awareness/Attitude, and Ambition would be my three reasons to tell you guys on why you should/would pick me over most.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
I feel that owning up to one's mistakes is very important so I'm not going to lie about this question. I have in the past been warned, but never banned on any server. The warnings that I can recall would not be anywhere in the ball-park of RDM, RDA, or NITRP. But some of them did consist of having a fail-base, FailRP, or just purely not knowing some of the rules. The main one being fail-base. I would normally explain in a big conversation about these warns, but I'm going to keep it plain and simple. I normally have not read most rules in the past as a kid, but I've seriously matured since then and have made sure its a crucial step in any server I join(ed) to read the rules. So this isn't a problem anymore.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not made any previous applications for this server, I have however made others w/ other servers, platforms, etc.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: This question is easily answerable. I have pretty much all day and week every week to contribute, even though I am EST I still am up most the time chilling or Rp'ing at very late hours. 
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I'm a man of many traits and hobbies. But to list some of my main and useful one's, I'd have to go with; Coding/Software Development, Drawing/Graphic design, smoking, and Skateboarding. These all may seem like very boring or nerdy things to do, but I'm going to just say that I'm a nerd. Plain and simple. Either way even with the stereotype, I don't see any reason to stop doing the things I love.
Did you read the staff rules?:  Skill Art

Edited by Skill_Art
Split up the paragraph
  • Like 5
  • Winner 1

-1, I like the app, its very detailed,

15 minutes ago, Skill_Art said:

Did you read the staff rules?: YES, I have contributed my time to reading the staff rules fully and making sure to understand each rule.

But dis cap!
NEUTRAL, seems to be a accident but I still have not seen you in game so I cant really make any real decision now.

Edited by DooDooCaCa
  • 300 IQ 1
10 minutes ago, DooDooCaCa said:

-1, I like the app, its very detailed,

But dis cap!

I did, its the 10th rule above starting from the bottom, i just may have forgot to put that in there, that's completely my fault

Edited by Skill_Art

So just with this staff application im feeling a bit nice so I've seen you on and you seem really chill, leading with that +1 good luck will theta do the same thats a question lmao 

Edited by Fetn
  • Like 1

+1

Although you don't have the most playtime, you're super active, and I've had nothing but good interactions with you. Also, you correcting your app shows that you really care about getting accepted, and that's just another reason to +1 this.

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Fetn said:

So just with this staff application im feeling a bit nice so I've seen you on and you seem really chill, leading with that +1 good luck will theta do the same thats a question lmao 

Well, I did tell him that I would do this and he responded very confident so I guess its time to read c;

Well as expected, I can't find anything to necessarily point out that needs fixing. This app is the best one I have seen in a long time.

I believe that with your past experience it would take little to nothing to get your gears shifting to become staff once again.

+1

*edit* Fetn lets be fr, you didn't go in depth on the app because its long, slacker.

Edited by Theta2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Skill_Art said:

I feel you guys should pick me over other applicants for many reasons. To list a few, I have been on GMOD itself since release and I know most if not, all of the things it has to offer. This could be either console-wise, game sense-wise, etc. I have completely played this game night and day viewing your DRP server from a view most wouldn't even think of. I have over 11k+ steam hours on GMOD on two Mains of mine and would like to add more to the equation( and yes, this is pure playtime with me in-game). So to sum up the first reason, it would all come down to Experience. But, In my eyes there's many more reasons to pick me over others.

So, to start my second reason, I would have to say that it would be my calm nature and thick skin. Most people don't know this when they're new to applying but I can say for sure that some admins/mods I've seen in the past can have some really bad anger issues or just emotional issues when another minge or RP'er gets under their skin. This means that from what I've seen, thicker skin and being able to avoid arguments or bad decisions comes in real handy, especially when it comes to having a rank such as staff. I feel this way because I'm the type of person to not really get offended or get pissed off really swiftly. So that leads me to my summary containing my second point, Chill Attitude and being able to suppress situations easily would be the second reason to pick me over most.

Now, to get into my third and final reason I would like to share some thoughts that I've had on the server so far... From the day I joined the server off a referral from a friend, I could instantly spot and scan the many people of the server that actually held value in the server. There's this really big chain growing and leading up into the higher rankings that most would ever dream of climbing, but the main issue I've seen with most people is that they're either too lazy or just purely don't want to even try to become staff. This leads me to my third and final reason, Ambition. Ambition is probably my strongest quality when a person first meets me. I've heard many things about first meetups about me, but the main thing I hear is, "That guy is really passionate about playing"; or, "He's just a really nice dude to hang around". Now, don't get me wrong but hearing those things just drives me to hangout with everyone on the server and just have a good time. There's this drive that I feel when wanting to become staff again, it just reminds me of my old days of just starting out as staff. Seeing that drive to go forwards and meet new people, or to just overall help. I feel like the word help is very overused and is cliché in most staff applications, but it genuinely has a meaning to me as a person. Helping is one of my favorite things to do overall.

Overall, these are the best paragraphs that anyone has wrote in a good while, truly.....

I feel that owning up to one's mistakes is very important so I'm not going to lie about this question. I have in the past been warned, but never banned on any server. The warnings that I can recall would not be anywhere in the ball-park of RDM, RDA, or NITRP. But some of them did consist of having a fail-base, FailRP, or just purely not knowing some of the rules. The main one being fail-base. I would normally explain in a big conversation about these warns, but I'm going to keep it plain and simple. I normally have not read most rules in the past as a kid, but I've seriously matured since then and have made sure its a crucial step in any server I join(ed) to read the rules. So this isn't a problem anymore.

Honestly you don't need to include warns in my opinion. But, thanks for the honesty.....

I'm a man of many traits and hobbies. But to list some of my main and useful one's, I'd have to go with; Coding/Software Development, Drawing/Graphic design, smoking, and Skateboarding. These all may seem like very boring or nerdy things to do, but I'm going to just say that I'm a nerd. Plain and simple. Either way even with the stereotype, I don't see any reason to stop doing the things I love.

one of the best answers I've seen on this section of any application.....

Overall, these are my thoughts.....

- I've not met you in-game yet, but hearing from others you seem very "adult" like, which is great to hear from others.

- You have experience, which alone itself gives you a significant advantage over others.

- Every section in the application was filled out perfectly. (thanks for fixing the last question I noticed that)

- If it were me I personally think 72 hours playtime (minimum) isn't enough to show devotion to the server, but you seem to have different intentions to this.

It's plain and simple, but I like to go in depth with my decision on these things, and I think.......

+1

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2