DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add some shiny new materials

ShankNinja

Hi all, I was playing around in Singleplayer and noticed that the server is missing out on what I think is a pretty awesome materials pack:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381633730

This pack adds Emerald, Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Garnet, Sapphire, Gold, and Platinum.

If it was forced in the addon pack at server launch (unlike the current Gold texture on the server) then it would make event-specific areas really shine (literally) and lead to some pretty cool art, or "find the item" events as it's a little easier to spot and can't be mistaken for anything else.

I can think of one specific instance this would be really cool:

spacer.png

Here's the picture used in the addon pack for a wider example:

spacer.png

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

I'm not necessarily opposed because its such a small file-size, but we would need to be careful about people making their base out of downloaded materials.

If someone doesn't download our addons on join, these materials wouldn't show up for them and would give them a raiding advantage.
(being able to see through the other side of 1 way props and such)

1feb067dec5c4a687774fc3255540e26.png

• Informative 4
  • Agree 1
12 minutes ago, proggy said:

I'm not necessarily opposed because its such a small file-size, but we would need to be careful about people making their base out of downloaded materials.

If someone doesn't download our addons on join, these materials wouldn't show up for them and would give them a raiding advantage.
(being able to see through the other side of 1 way props and such)

1feb067dec5c4a687774fc3255540e26.png

True true, though me and most likely several others would want it for strictly cosmetic purposes. 

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The Garnut

The reason why I use only materials included in Garry's Mod was listed by Proggy. It is far too easy to out-right disable server downloads, or even edit your client-sided material of a workshop file, and end up with wall-hacks. I'm sorry, but unless I can accomplish these colors with the default materials included, I will skip 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines