DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Venom Ban Appeal

Venommm

In-game name:  V SRT Arseny

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:93054858

Staff members in-game name: Was Banned By Console (Dont recall any staff members other than mav)

Staff members SteamID (/id (name):  Was Banned By Console (Dont recall any staff members other than mav, but he wasn't involved)

Date & Time of incident: 7:00 EST 7/22/21

Timezone: EST

Ban Reason:  "Chargeback -You Little Maggot just got me paying so many Paypal fees over your $10"

How long were you banned for?: 10 Years

Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/7da5b7199dec4b2aff29c70424e56a19

What happened? (include any proof): 
I was participating an event with Dillan, then out of nowhere I got banned for the reason  "Chargeback -You Little Maggot just got me paying so many Paypal fees over your $10".

Why should your ban be removed?:
I believe my ban should be removed for many reasons. 

Contribution: Ever since when I first joined the server "Late May" I have been contributing more than 550 hours. From then, I have been playing constantly, every single day, putting up hours and hours. With most people leaving for SWRP, I thought that I should contribute my time to becoming a staff member. I had recently just applied for staff, hoping to make the server better since leaving for SWRP was never in mind. My contribution also comes with donations, I have donated plenty of money, and the chargeback for $10 was never meant to happen. 

Community & Achievements: Throughout my time in garnet, I became really close with the community, with my time in 2GA I became an amazing player, who was always willing to train, and was willing to put in the hours. Soon, I joined SSO and that's when I became really close to the community. With my time in SSO, I was grinding up the hours, working every single day to improve my faction, shit even play garactic phone, now those were fun ass times. Shit, even for the SSO tryout meanwhile I was dying from my 2nd dose of the vaccine I still kept on trying out for SSO. Took me about 8 tries to get in, was all worth it. I then moved onto Vega, being in Vega really showed me a whole side of the server, not just headglitching & basecamping during wars. It brought the RP aspect to me, damn being in Vega was awesome. The people in Vega are dope as fuck too. Can't forget about VVS, although I didn't really do too much in VVS, was still a blast to be in and was honored to be apart of. To throw it all away for $10 is unbelievable and was all never meant to happen.

My Experience with Garnet Gaming; My experience with this server is amazing, as listed above, all of these factions that I have been apart of have been amazing. Waking up in the morning, and getting straight onto garnet no matter how many players were on. Everybody in this community has matched my energy, and I don't ever think I could find a community better than this. This server has introduced me to so many friends, getting on just to play with them is amazing.  My experience on this server was truly one of the best experience's I've ever had with any other game.

How "I" Chargebacked : My Dad thought he was cancelling the subscription, but never realized what he was doing and he charged back. (Keep in mind, I don't even have a PayPal account, all purchases that were made were from guest accounts I was fully unaware of this chargeback until now).  My Dad called his credit card company and told them to charge back, when he thought to cancel reoccurring payments. I am willing to pay the required amount in order to get unbanned. (My brother can pay friends and family paypal if needed he told me.)

Edited by Venommm
PS : Was told to make an appeal by a higher up, so thats why i didn't initally message Garnet.
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10

+1

I know people will say no and etc. cause he is a V member and everyone throws hate at them but Venom is a good guy and this wasnt his fault in the first place. 

I honestly see no reason this ban shouldn't be taken away when he had no control over what happened 

• Like 3
  • Disagree 1

1+

def a miscommunication issue. However, Venom you most likely should of tried to communicate to garnet in any way possible when you found out this chargeback was occurring if it was as quick as it seems though than I don’t blame you.

• Like 2

+1

After looking at this problem, it seems like both parties felt as if they were justified and the frustration seems to come from PayPal with its fees.

It's quite unfortunate that a bit of miscommunication was happening between Venom and his father, however shouldn't warrant a ban, and I believe that if the banning staff got in contact with Venom before the ban, this could of been settled a bit better.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

+1 I get that its a back charge. but its just a parent that doesn't get the consequences and now venom can't do anything about it. I still think the back charge is a good thing to have. But this guy is a valuable piece to MRP and should have his ban taken away.

• Like 2

+1 Seems like an honest mistake and given that he pays back donation and any other PayPal fees as he stated he is willing to do then he should have the ban revoked.

7 hours ago, Venommm said:

I am willing to pay the required amount in order to get unbanned. (My brother can pay friends and family paypal if needed he told me.)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Nutter said:

Your ban will be removed the moment the chargeback is cancelled (currently still under review) this can be done by having your dad reach out to his Bank/PayPal. Otherwise, I would ask to have you pay the fees I have been charged for by PayPal and your Bank for my "fraudulent use of your account" that was reported - literally. Additionally, anybody on the server would've told you that i'd happily cancel your recurring account if you're not familiar with how.

To the commenters, stop being ignorant, I'm not going to unban your friend for a chargeback. All chargebacks are a permanent ban, and his account's use is his own responsibility. Whether his father's credit card was used or not is irrelevant to me, because i'm paying for the consequences. 

Hey Garnet, My dad just spoke with his credit card company and cancelled the dispute/chargeback. Thank you for giving me another chance. Also, is there a way that we can stop all subscriptions that are on my account? Thanks

37 minutes ago, Venommm said:

Hey Garnet, My dad just spoke with his credit card company and cancelled the dispute/chargeback. Thank you for giving me another chance. Also, is there a way that we can stop all subscriptions that are on my account? Thanks

Go to PayPal.com and log into your account there, once you’ve logged in go to activity and find the GG payment or any recurring payment that’s being charged. Once you click on it there should be an option to manage recurring payments to GG and you should be able to cancel it from inside that menu. 

3 minutes ago, SadKnickHours said:

Go to PayPal.com and log into your account there, once you’ve logged in go to activity and find the GG payment or any recurring payment that’s being charged. Once you click on it there should be an option to manage recurring payments to GG and you should be able to cancel it from inside that menu. 

We've tried that already, due to the purchases being on a guest account (Or if there's another reason why) there wasn't a result that showed GG.

Edited by Venommm