DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Outside interests

1 hour ago, ShankNinja said:

I'd say my favorite outside interest would be music. I used to go to 10-20 concerts a year (although my last concert was around march of 2020 😭) I was supposed to go to a concert last week but the band couldn't get into America so it was cancelled...

I collect CDs and vinyl records of my favorite albums, and Discogs.com is telling me that my collection is beginning to amass some value over the last 6 years:
LYdlW70.png
https://www.discogs.com/user/ShankNInja/collection
Some releases I have aren't put in the database yet though (and putting them in is a painful process)

My favorite part of my collection is my Screaming Females vinyl discography, containing 10 albums each signed by the entire band across individual shows (I lost count how many times I've seen them after 14 or so) and my most recent addition would be the Test Pressings for their two newest releases, which are exceptionally rare. It might not come as any surprise that they're my favorite band.

I decided to hold off on the rest of my interests as I don't want to write any more of an essay nobody will read 😅

We all know we first connected over guns too lol

22 hours ago, Lebron said:

Airsoft

A LOT of airsoft

I know it's cringe but I still LOVE it

Meeting new people hearing war stories from Vets

Everything about it is great

I could give you some stories 👍🏻

6 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

I collect CDs and vinyl records of my favorite albums, and Discogs.com is telling me that my collection is beginning to amass some value over the last 6 years:

I have a few sealed vinyls but idk if they are worth anything. All my other vinyl is unsealed, but I don't even have a record player, I was using my old roommates player.

I have a sealed CHON -Grow LP in a limited edition green. (it was for St. Patricks day or something?)
And a sealed Circa Survive - Juturna LP. Not sure if it was a special run or anything but I got it almost 10 years ago.

22 minutes ago, proggy said:

I have a few sealed vinyls but idk if they are worth anything. All my other vinyl is unsealed, but I don't even have a record player, I was using my old roommates player.
Discorgs
I have a sealed CHON -Grow LP in a limited edition green. (it was for St. Patricks day or something?)
And a sealed Circa Survive - Juturna LP. Not sure if it was a special run or anything but I got it almost 10 years ago.

Discogs.com is somewhat accurate value-wise for the more popular releases as it's also a marketplace where people buy and sell records and the prices are aggregated from that data. I've bought a few off of there (but never bothered selling any). Usually any release will have an entry with all the versions (tapes, vinyl, CD, limited runs of any inbetween, etc) to help narrow it down.

Practically 95% of mine are unsealed as many collectors prefer unsealing, cleaning, and then placing the record in an archival sleeve followed by an outer dustcover sleeve, so any that weren't packaged like that I have done much the same and clean them between listens. The reason is usually poor shrinkwrapping from the factory which can cause the corners to begin to curl, which I've only noticed a few times on older releases (it's very obvious to tell by looking at it if it's an issue).

As a rule I don't spin many colored records of mine unless they're the only version I have (I have a couple duplicates of records I spin often) and my table isn't anything fancy: Fluance RT81 with default cartridge. Previously I had an ATLP60 which I gave to a friend and he spins it rather often. Most of my collection has been bought to play however, and my speakers are two Klipsch R28F Loudspeakers, which shook the last house I was at so I have yet to configure them to my new apartment... but in the meantime I use my Sennheiser HD650 headphones for everything from music to gaming. Both make the records sound rather awesome and as a result I have quite a backlog to get through for my next listening party 😅

Archived