DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Outside interests

Hey everyone! So we all know that we can’t completely consume our free time with video games because we’d fry our brains. What are some of the more unique things y’all like to do in your spare time? I personally have taken interest into hammock camping! My goal is to one day visit each state and go hammock camping at a cool park. So far I’ve been in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Colorado, and Wyoming. 

Well, I'm big on exploring yard/garage/boot sales for bargains.

I primarily search for books. I used to buy/sell books in Chicago, and old habits are hard to break. Especially when you can buy a book for $1, then turn around & sell it for $143.50, like my last one. 🙂

I'm also big on riding my bike, and try to get out on it daily.  I've never owned a car, and never will.

This is my sexy beast - Jamis Coda Sport 23". Of course, it looks a lot different from this photo when it was new 😄

spacer.png

Ever since I've been working at Burger King I have had to learn how to speak a little bit of Spanish since most of my coworkers and 25-30% of the customers are Spanish. I've recently become very passionate in wanting to learn the language fluently and by the time I graduate college I would love to be able to speak it. For a few weeks now I have been using Babbel and it has definitely helped my vocabulary and conversational abilities. Anytime I get the chance, I enjoy studying Spanish and applying it for when I work during the week.

6 hours ago, Nutter said:

I plan on starting a YouTube channel for guitar gear review pretty soon, because I've played guitar for 13 years.

ive been playing for 9 months teach me how to shred

===================================================

I like getting yugee. Been lifting for around a year and 8 months currently am 16 weighing 170 lean  at like 5,9 naturally within a few years if possible id love to compete in  bodybuilding naturally. Ill only compete as a natty depending on what weight i can hit naturally.

7 hours ago, Lebron said:

Airsoft

This^^ 

Also some other things I really enjoy doing are!

Cooking- I want to be a chef so I practice that a lot now 

Rock Climbing, haven’t been in damn near a year now though cause COVID

Art, i used to post some here on the forums, may start making some stuff again soon! (I’d also love to be an artist if I coul)

Making smol stories, even though they could be really tiny one-time things, some people I know enjoy me telling them stories here and there! So I do that sometimes too! (Being a writer is another career I would love to partake in, have a few ideas for games and whatnot, just don’t have any other skills IE coding or modeling)

Im also trying to learn French again, want to learn Guitar again, and trying to get my car’s AC fixed!

I'd say my favorite outside interest would be music. I used to go to 10-20 concerts a year (although my last concert was around march of 2020 😭) I was supposed to go to a concert last week but the band couldn't get into America so it was cancelled...

I collect CDs and vinyl records of my favorite albums, and Discogs.com is telling me that my collection is beginning to amass some value over the last 6 years:
LYdlW70.png
https://www.discogs.com/user/ShankNInja/collection
Some releases I have aren't put in the database yet though (and putting them in is a painful process)

My favorite part of my collection is my Screaming Females vinyl discography, containing 10 albums each signed by the entire band across individual shows (I lost count how many times I've seen them after 14 or so) and my most recent addition would be the Test Pressings for their two newest releases, which are exceptionally rare. It might not come as any surprise that they're my favorite band.

I decided to hold off on the rest of my interests as I don't want to write any more of an essay nobody will read 😅

Archived