DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Ba11ParkFrank41 -- Staff Application

In-game name: Ba11ParkFrank41
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:541722541
Warns: 0
Timezone: PST
Playtime?: | Ba11ParkFrank41 has played for 2012:49:52.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Tdizz, Adric
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I was a moderator during the months of March and April.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

You should choose me over anyone else who applies for moderator because my determination to succeed. I've been through many tough times due to my decision making and not once did I think of giving up and leaving how it was. I wanted to leave this server one day knowing I made a positive impact on those who look up to me, and of course I know I haven't shown that. I want to become a moderator not only to help others have a better and cleaner time on the server but to help those who don't understand. I know that when I was a moderator I was more lean on the punishments because a duty as a moderator comes with punishing those who deserve it but more to help them so negative situations can be resolved between the two reporter/reportees. I should be chosen because of the time I've gotten away from being a staff and remaining a user for the amount of time I've been. Not only did I use the opportunity to try and regain the trust I've lost from others but also find new ways to help others. Nobody needs "perms" to help the server, so that's exactly what I've been doing.

Why should you choose me? Why do I want to come back? Why should we TRUST you? These questions are very important that I want cleared when applying for staff. I want to be chosen to come back because I want to leave a positive impact on the server and right the wrongs I've committed. I want to come back because it will only bring me closer to the others I may have not treated the right way and want to work towards changing their feeling about me. I'm not asking for them to "like" me, I can't control that. I want to EARN their TRUST and RESPECT if I am able to come back to the team. TRUST. It is one of the greatest words I value in my life. When I was a moderator to begin with I broke that trust that I was given when I was accepted. It is something that is easy to lose but hard to gain, I understand that. I want to come back to the team and be better than I was, your trust in me determines my path to becoming a staff member. I don't care how far the journey is I'm willing to go the distance.

Thank you.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details -- I've been banned two times during my time on this server, I was banned for WARN LIMIT, and MASS RDM
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes. Exactly a Month ago I made an application.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Guaranteed 5-6 hours daily. When I don't have work or anything else going on (ex: family holidays, hanging out with others, doin irl stuff) I can probably be active for 10-12 hours. This can also fluctuate over time but this is the general amount I can manage.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Sports (Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Football) I work, hang out with da homis, love chilling with my family.
Did you read the staff rules?: Ba11ParkFrank41

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

+1

I'm changing this to a +1 because reading some of the other responses helped change my mind. Now I do have my concerns about your past, but we have a trial period for a reason.  You'll be on very thin ice, but if you can get through a month with no incidents, you'll do just fine. Just try not to get 100 warns.

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

+1 I feel that frank has been learning from his mistakes and trying really hard to repair his reputation. He's active, understands the rules and technicalities, and hes pretty tenacious and committed upon showing everyone he can be better. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

neutral 

okay so, overall you knows the rules, helps members out with a lot, and was a staff in the past.and from personal experience your a good guy and you know how to be kind to people. and a lot of members seem comfortable talking to you about certain situations.

but, you were fully demoted and with 2 bans it looks bad. i think you also don’t handle criticism well, which you know, as well as the entire staff team knows, as a staff member people will shit on u all day.

i think you need to take the time to really think if you want to add the stress and responsibility of being staff on top of work, sports, and if you start school soon. it’s something you actually have to put time into , which i know you probably can considering your hours. but overall i’m staying neutral. good luck ! 

ahhhhhhhhhh https://streamable.com/ewqk6s yikes. 

bro what? https://streamable.com/lvoq10 

Edited by wuvgawore
meow
  • Cringe 4
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 1

+1

Frank has been trying to fix his reputation, and he's trying to put the effort in to become a staff member. I recognize that he was fully demoted, but that has been a couple months ago. He's actually been trying to become a better person within the community and I see that clearly. He's always active, and always hanging out with people. I feel that from what his personality is and what I've seen him be like around people, I feel that he would make a good staff member. If you deny Frank, There should be a paragraph under the word, and it better be a good reason. He understands the rules fully, and from the amount of hours to warns he has is outstanding. Who wouldn't have a couple warns and a one to two bans for over two thousand hours! I would like the staff team that is here to consider Frank at least a little. Though he was demoted, I feel that he should have another chance at staff member. I would agree with gawore, you don't take criticism well. I would recommend trying to become more immure to people talking shit about you or being rude to you, but there is a difference between pointers and just being a dick.

Edited by bearboobs
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 4
5 minutes ago, Hamas said:

Neutral, still not fully aware of circumstances behind demotion, I’ll change to a +1 or -1 after seeing more feedback.

The circumstances behind me demotion is that I wasn't handling first hand bans when I was handling situations. When it came to the appeals I didn't have the proof or it wasn't enough to be eligible for the ban. There were brought up incidences that I was toxic to other staff members which held a factor in my demotion, as well as my warns during my time a staff. As it was probably one of the smaller factors it was a brick stacked on top another.

Those were the main points I was told why I was demoted. It has been a little above 3 months since then. I've tried to apply only once and this is my second attempt. I've only applied due to other staff members recommendation not by my own eagerness to come back so soon. I only want to take my time in developing the trust I want from all of you. Thanks for the responses so far, your concerns are noted, can't wait to hear from more people of the server.

• Agree 1

-1 I can see your attempting to get your rep up within the community but unfortunately I can’t forget the not so long ago past.

This opinion we all shared a month ago still hasn’t changed, shin also stated to wait a much much longer time to apply again…

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 1

I don't know about you trying to up your reputation, I'd love to trust someone like Adric on this. You seem cool whenever you're chilling around but whenever something doesn't go your way with the rules for example that just seemingly goes away and I see the toxicity come out again. Nothing against you personally bro but I can't say yes to this application. I'd like to add on that I've seen this toxicity switch not too long ago.. so.. it doesn't look like it's changed..

Simple example most of us remember

Edited by Canlex
  • Agree 3
10 minutes ago, Canlex said:

Simple example most of us remember

Last thing I'll mention is that this was not just an argument with me, I happen to report it so yes its a direct point in my direction but in that situation half the server as well as an argument with staff were going back in forth with this topic specifically. Especially when I think it was @Hamas who gave that base to multiple people in the server and its been used several times.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

Last thing I'll mention is that this was not just an argument with me, I happen to report it so yes its a direct point in my direction but in that situation half the server as well as an argument with staff were going back in forth with this topic specifically. Especially when I think it was @Hamas who gave that base to multiple people in the server and its been used several times.

Shouldn't have been an argument in the first place. Good luck.

• Agree 2

I don't have much skin in the game since I'm just a player and don't know you well, but my only interaction with you was a few days ago and you were pretty darn toxic. You said something along the lines that I sounded like a "fat loser with a budget Walmart PC." I was amused by it, but I'm not too sure I like the idea of someone who makes that their first encounter also having the ability to ban me with a few keystrokes

UPDATE: Changing to a +1 for the mere fact that Ba11ParkFrank has probably HOURS of effort into this app over the last few days and clearly cares about his impact on the community. Yeah, you're a bit immature and toxic bro and I still stand by my earlier statement, but work on fixing it and you'll be a stellar staff member. Rooting for your success in the future, don't let people down!

Edited by UrdnotWrex
Changing vote
  • Sad 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
11 minutes ago, UrdnotWrex said:

"fat loser with a budget Walmart PC."

WAIT HUH???? that doesn't come close to anything I would say. Please don't claim things you can't back up. Not saying that what you are claiming is false but not ever have I used any of those words towards anyone especially if they are new to the server. So please I'd like to see proof of this statement than a sentence.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Hamas said:

Neutral, still not fully aware of circumstances behind demotion, I’ll change to a +1 or -1 after seeing more feedback.

-1, After talking to some people and thinking awhile myself, I don't think you are ready to become staff as even this app has become apparent you can't take the slightest criticism and that isn't the type of staff member that we want. No need to reply to this as you have everyone else's as i'm not here to discuss my opinion further and won't comment past this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Out of some fun times that we’ve shared I’m going to go neutral but some things youve said man… they just come back to haunt you

Also Also, @Fetn pointed this out in your last application but here it is again
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11hZO3aRGEicLoKem3E0DGXY6oNAa-T6t-3-gKqBOmj8/edit

Titled: Ballparkfrank toxicity document

Edited by xFish
@fetn
  • Agree 1