DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

*DISCUSS* MilitaryRP Map Update [8/26/2018]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Hi Nut Gamers,

i'm currently working on the next map update/patch for Siberia, i'm wondering what are some of the things you guys want to see coming up? don't be too scared of making bizzare requests such as a change of terrain/weather/timeofday/changes to bases/etc...

NOTE: do keep in mind if your suggestion is extra large, i'd request of you to suggest it in the suggestions area for a majority's approval.

I'm very open to community criticism and I need to get Siberia out of beta, because I started university again 10 days ago and i'm serious running out of time to work on the server, especially with PoliceRP being released.

Things that have already been fixed or added/removed:

Sliding on snow has been removed

Killhouse doors have been fixed

Killhouse targets fall backwards and play a sound

Tears in the world's terrain have been sewd shut

RU Spawn's garage doors are now open

Squeezed out more optimization out of US and RU base

Fixed the void in a US warehouse

Removed jails (not adding MP back and this is final)

Make RU and US base small, like how the US base was on cs_desert. They're way too big with a whole lotta room of nothing. Smaller bases could give more assets for a larger obj/actual uses for OPs

Put the kill houses at the OPs or just make it a single objective for claim 

Have more variety in obj defense like how CS_desert was with UK being able to watch TC and the hill being able to see TC and OP 

Edited by Tayler
Grammer pt3
  • Like 1

For the actual map I would suggest adding barracks to both bases or a mess hall to fill the empty parts of the base, for US, a shooting range that is separate from the building the briefing and debriefing is in, and possibly a bigger town portion if possible since the objective is kinda small for a town. 

Also bring back Rangers.

• The Garnut
1 hour ago, Dillan said:

Proxy has it's speed issue, where is slower then normal instead of boosted

This post is specifically about the map.

1 hour ago, Tayler said:

Make RU and US base small, like how the US base was on cs_desert. They're way too big with a whole lotta room of nothing. Smaller bases could give more assets for a larger obj/actual uses for OPs

I already had in mind to compress the shit out of the bases and get rid of dead areas. so +1

1 hour ago, Tayler said:

Not going to happen due to the fact there's only an hour between wars, and the last thing  I want is the two sides fighting over who uses killhouse. Furthermore, no point in making them run to OP for training.

1 hour ago, Tayler said:

Have more variety in obj defense like how CS_desert was with UK being able to watch TC and the hill being able to see TC and OP 

Sorta more stuff like how you can snipe people in comms on the way to Company? that's just far too general of a request to ask for. 

1 hour ago, Tayler said:

Why not adding an underground portion to the base for both RU and US?

I don't know anything about mapping, so I don't know if this is possible, but you could "soundproof" the walls in the hub buildings. 

With everything being so close you can hear people in other rooms & shooting from the range. (ie Trainers talking over kidnapped guys in war room; Shooting during Tryouts) 

Separately, making the door in & out of the hub building bigger could help people getting in or out of DB (like a double door) 

Edited by Mooper_
autism

I feel that Company doesn't have as much fun interactions on it as the most important combat zone of the objective was removed and filled with rubble. I suggest it be the other way around and the big empty storage room instead to be filled with the rubble maybe like a little pile that you can climb up to get to the roof that has caved in? Seems interesting to me, and I feel it would help combat on the objective quite a lot.

Next is Comms, and I like that Comms is small so that there is a good focus on the outside of the objective before getting to the inside, like on CSCDesert, but I was thinking maybe you could add a second entrance on the main part of the building and add a portion that goes into the mountain and goes up and sticks out a small bit to be used like a sniper tower with small lips on the bottom half to stick out to stop NGs and RPGs from firing rockets up into the slits. This suggestion on Comms isn't as necessary as Company, as Comms already has a fairly enjoyable at times combat on it. But like all objectives, if no one pushes, it isn't interesting, no fixing that other than hoping that the other team's plan is to push you, so this suggestion isn't as necessary and is more of a thing I just feel could spice things up for the inside of Comms as right now, a 3 man team can hold down the inside of the objective just fine.

For Town, like Cypher said, I feel as if the current buildings should have some walls removed to make the spaces bigger, and maybe add some more trees between the Town and the US/RU entrances to the objective as well as that big cliff that US has a vantage over Town from could be toned down so that you push it back further and instead make it a gradual decline to the objective with a few trees for cover. This is difficult to explain as I don't have photos for this, but I could show you in-game if you ever get online while I am online.

Finally, the mountains directly outside the bases. These mountains that you can access from the opposing side to shoot down into the enemy's base are not fun to play against when abused by a 5 man group to overlook both of your bases exits (RU side), and for US, it is less of an issue as the mountain doesn't overlook both exits, but the main way out of US base through the front can easily be guarded because of the fact that it goes through a valley to which a few RU could hide on both sides of. I would like these things to stay, but the mountain that is imbetween RU base and Factory should not be able to be climbed from the Factory side, and instead have it to help prevent base camping so that RU can climb it to get to the objectives or check the surroundings of their base for snipers before their forces move out, etc. For the US side, I would say to remove the ability to climb a certain portion of the mountain between their base and construction so RU can't get all the way up there and camp the base, and give US the ability to easily run up there with a little portion of the hill that slopes down to the road so US can run up it on their way out of base.

If there is any confusion of what I am describing, as I don't have photos atm, but can upload them later (it would be easier to show you in person), then let me know and I would love to explain the changes directly with you in TS and in-game if you are willing. Of course, I don't expect these to be accepted, but I hope they do 🙂 

• Like 1

The only thing that I would suggest is the old door that you had for COMMS on CS Desert. It let people breach the objective with explosives rather then send 20 people running inside a death trap of 4 guys spraying their M60's non stop. The old door had a little rectangle opening which was able to have rockets shoot inside or grenades thrown inside which can make the objective actually a stragetic objective. Currently it is just who gets there with the most M60's and consistantly firing down.

Another solution is to make the doors to COMMS able to break down from being shot so it would be better for play.