Stork(Igor) - Staff Application

Soappppp

• StarWarsRP Management Team

I'm remaining neutral on this staff app but I'll still give my thoughts.

I don't really have any concerns over your ability as a Staff member, you've done it before with no real issues in your position as Staff, but I feel this might not be the right time to return to the Staff team. As you concede, you're still a somewhat controversial figure in MRP and that's why I'm not comfortable giving this App a +1. In my opinion, someone's image on the server is one of the most important aspects when applying for Staff, so I'd suggest working on that before becoming a member of the team.

Edit: I've since remembered, at the time of the DF post, you told me you didn't care about Russia's struggles because you were a US main, and that's why you made the DF post. I'd also wanna see something that suggests such a viewpoint on the server has changed. I don't know if your viewpoint has or hasn't changed on that, so I really can't give a +1 to this app.

I also agree with Salmon though, if you were to apply for GM then that's different and I probably would give it a +1.

Edited by Theos
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
9 hours ago, Salmon said:

I'm not gonna +1 or -1 this app but I would +1 a GM app

This is not meant to sound rude, but if I truly wanted to pursue being a GM I would've applied. Any event/RP mention in my application was used to show that as a staff member I would foster an environment that benefits RP and the server. I'm pursuing staff so I can help foster more discussion within the staff team. As well as everything stated in my application. *no point in repeating it all*

2 hours ago, Theos said:

Edit: I've since remembered, at the time of the DF post, you told me you didn't care about Russia's struggles because you were a US main, and that's why you made the DF post. I'd also wanna see something that suggests such a viewpoint on the server has changed. I don't know if your viewpoint has or hasn't changed on that, so I really can't give a +1 to this app.

That wasn't what I said word-for-word. At the time of the DF post I was in GB as an SNCO. When it comes to issues on the server that I have knowledge of and the ability to formulate a strong argument for, it was only US-Sided issues. My viewpoint on the server is obviously to benefit both sides, but at the moment, and at the time, I was only able to formulate what I HAD information on. As well as a personal interaction with said problem. I hope that helps clear up any confusion. 

2 hours ago, Theos said:

As you concede, you're still a somewhat controversial figure in MRP and that's why I'm not comfortable giving this App a +1. In my opinion, someone's image on the server is one of the most important aspects when applying for Staff, so I'd suggest working on that before becoming a member of the team.

I understand where you're coming from, however I believe my somewhat controversial figure is from disagreeing with certain parties on the server. I admit, I am very blunt and I am not afraid to step on people's toes, regardless of rank or status. I think this attitude may have contributed to that reputation with a couple select GROUPS of players. I will always state my opinion on a subject regardless. 

2 hours ago, Theos said:

I also agree with Salmon though, if you were to apply for GM then that's different and I probably would give it a +1.

Again, if I wanted to apply for GM I would. I just personally believe I would have more motivation for the staff team rather than creating events. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
46 minutes ago, Salmon said:

GMs can do this too within the staff discord

I feel like the general point was missed, I messaged you privately to explain what exactly, "help foster new discussion" in the staff team means. I felt like you took the point quite literally. Again, I do not want to be a GM. Respond to me on discord if you have anymore questions!

• Friendly 1

Neutral for now 

we’ve had differences for multiple reasons and I still believe that your bad attitude towards confrontations will lead to issues on the staff team, with that said if you can improve on this then I could possibly change this to a +1 in the future.

I personally don't see you as a good staff member right now. From interactions to what I've heard and seen I just can't agree with you becoming staff. Nothing personal but from what I've seen and heard it hadn't put you in a good light in my eyes.

• Agree 1
  • Community Director

+1 The Phase is literally called Trial Moderator; which is to give you an opportunity to be trained and put on trial. What's the worse that's gonna happen false warning someone? The application is good and you meet the requirements. Only way to know whether you'll truly be a good/bad fit is to give you the chance. This is all subjective of course. Good Luck.

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2