DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Ziggy

12 hours ago, Dillan said:

I had many good memories from these times back when I was a teenager. Truthfully, while I love this event for the nostalgia and the old times I experienced, I feel as though this will not change to much right now, especially for the work that would be required by our dev team.

I lead Tali twice, revived it back before we had the extra RP options from the Game master team. Back then, we were having similar number problems, and our think tank suggested to switch AFG into RUS. The belief was people didn’t want to play cavemen with rocket launchers, and would rather play an organized nation. Nowadays I’m not sure. It could bring back veterans, add a whole new level of RP in the form of more hostility, its more RP friendly in some ways. (Super powers don’t fight normally, its proxy wars.) On the other hand, lots of vets don’t play anymore because they grew up. I work non-stop with my career, some are in collage where they don’t have that time. Some people have families now. Most people don’t understand the type of RP these people are actually supposed to be, (evil, really evil).

I would honestly love it. I love explosive gameplay. I love my old memories of these factions. But I’m blinded by my younger years when I had time. I was in High school, Collage, Academy. I’m saddened by how I had to delete old docs because of how it could effect my future in government work. This is a wonderfully developed suggestion, with hours of effort, and more hours of thought.

For all these words Im going to place a +1. This could help, and at least deserves some acknowledgment on the care for the server, thinking it could assist things. It has been I think 4 years since we swapped to RU, which is a long period of time. Thank you Bishop, for the trip down memory lane.

You sum it up perfectly. As a veteran who also experienced the same memories as you did 4 years ago, this suggestion does excite me. The old Afghan we knew of back then was considered a “prime time” within this community however I do feel very optimistic that this time it’ll do substantially better than what RU is of right now. Other than that, +1, I have high hopes for this change.

Edited by special
  • Disagree 1