OreoDoggo's GM application

In-game name: OreoDoggo

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:560768980

Warns: 0

Time zone: BST

Playtime?: 11B OCS COC OreoDoggo has played for 206:13:13.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES

Referral(s): [What gamemaster recommended you to apply: No one

Past experiences as a Game Master: I was head of event staff for a military  back in 2018 and was a event staff for another MRP that shut down 3 months ago and event co-ordinator on a JvS server

Why should we choose you over other applicants: As a GM I promise that I can try my hardest to bring garnet gaming's players fun, exciting and brilliant events they will enjoy. I also think that not enough events are done for RUs side of things so I will do a lot of events there to give them something other than waiting a hour for war to do. Aswell as this I plan to host alot of large and small events across different factions and/or regiments wherever the need may be, I also plan to be a big help in the new campaign as things didnt really go to plan last thursday which is where I come in assisting where I can and helping out staff and GMs alike.

I also promise to try my hardest and to the best of my availability and promise to host events at appropriate times, and for both US Regiments aswell as RU Regiments while tryinmg to make the game very fun and enjoyable whenever I am available. I promise as a GM I will only supply good, fun and quality events for GG alongside other gms to make the events even in more detail and all around more enjoyable and would be very happy to work alongside the amazing gms of GG! Alongside this I feel as being a GM will make me be more known to the RU side since I main US and they have a good perspective of me.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server: Yes MRP, AMRDM, One Day

How much time do you have to contribute to the role: 5 Hours everyday on server 7 hours overall

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster: to host fun, enjoyable and interactive events for the community to enjoy and to make sure there are no minges in the events and everyone enjoys them.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute as much as I humanly could whenever I am available whether it's my own event or assisting in another GMs event.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Hostage 17-AP

Ambassador Price’s helicopter was shot down by taliban forces just outside of shipment and have surrounded the helicopter for information and taken the ambassador into comms as as a hostage.

SOC would grab a car and head over to embassy to pick up CIA SAD Special Agent Pablo who will be debriefing the US FOB Delta on what has happened and how they plan to take the ambassador back (Will take suggestions from USSOCOM and High ranking 11B to make it non repetitive)

SOC will distract the actors while 11B kill the hostage takers with the help of either Rangers/Marsoc/DF depending which has the LOWEST amt of players (2-4) then AFSOC lands and gets the ambassador safely to base.

The Arms Trade

AFSOC have contacted CIA SAD Agent Pablo about a suspicious lack of weaponry and fuel introducing Task Force MTF-Alpha 4 MTF-A, MTF-B,. 2 Task force members will be going to Embassy to find the guns thanks to a anonymous tip accompanied by CIA SAD Special Agent Pablo and 2 11A Officers OR 1 CIA SAD Special Agent Volunteer.

Once they retrieve the weapons they are surrounded by taliban and comms into 11A/B and SOC for an exfil. While Exfilling 2 11B are cut down and is reported back to headquarters by Pablo which afterwards MTF-A & MTF-B suggest the idea of spy in the base before they set off back to base

Tension & Suspicion

CIA SAD Special Agent Pablo and CIA SAD Special Agent (Volunteer or another GM) investigate the suspicion that a undercover RU/Taliban is working in FOB Delta thanks to a tip from Rangers. CIA will claim headquarters before calling DB and putting the FOB on lockdown until the Spy is discovered or everyone is clear, CIA will conduct interviews in the meeting room guarded by 2 Rangers/Marsoc.

Once the 3rd Interviw is Conducted 11A 1LT Redmond tries to leave base by force which he is then taken to jails and the CIA postpone their interviews. In the jails 1 11A Officer, CIA Special Agent Pablo and 11A 1LT Redmond are talking when redmond mentions Operation Blackwater which he is then executed by the CIA Agent and the 11A officer is given Class A Amnestics before the base is off lockdown and the agent leaves base.

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Rescue the Embassy

Embassy workers flown in from Europe were downed near comms and taken hostage by RU. RU will store the hostages in a room that the US has to find out, raid RU and take back before they start executing them . 11B will hold off the main reinforcements and while USSOCOM try to dodge the Russians on their way out and exfil back to the embassy.

While a fight is happening at the Embassy The Russians have to take the staff hostage and the US need to protect them or take them back to base at the sign of an attack. If the Russians capture the embassy staff,  they win the war automatically. but the US are allowed to take the workers back to base or stay with them at emb.

If US Wins the workers exfil back to europe until tensions are relaxed but if RU win the remaining hostages will be executed

Thank you for applying to Garnet MilitaryRP!

• Friendly 1
  • Disagree 5

Good event ideas, although some are a tiny bit repetitive (EX: A downed helicopter go rescue people). I really love your ideas with characters, and specific plot points, but it is also important to make the event free flowing to the participants' needs and circumstances like you said here:

21 minutes ago, OreoThatSmallDoggo said:

(Will take suggestions from USSOCOM and High ranking 11B to make it non repetitive)

This is crucial to make the events more fluid and entertaining. I would also recommend coming up with ideas that have multiple endings depending on player choice.

From what I've heard from my Army buddies, you've been putting in great work there. With a little hard work and some ironing out of your ideas, I see no reason why you wouldn't make a great addition to the GM team

+1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

After seeing all the replies to this app, I’m going to have to change to a -1. 

Personally, from the events I have done, You are very good at RP and you had some good ideas in our discord.

But, with all that’s being said about you outside of my events, I can’t +1 somebody with that attitude and disrespect. 

Edited by Cupid
  • Like 1
  • Forums Moderator

Oreo, your event ideas aren't terrible but the issue I have with you is your attitude towards me recently. You've been nothing but disrespectful to me and those actions got you kicked out of OCS COC and a strike just today. I feel you need to improve your attitude towards others before you apply for the GM Team. 
spacer.png
There's his strike reason on docs.
spacer.png
Here's the screenshot from the reason you got striked today. Was trying to do RP with a kidnap scenario with Horse and a few 2GA, and with no reason you say this. - "Irving you sound like a hamster in a blender"

Any other 11A who dealt with him will most likely happily give there opinions on these scenarios.

Edited by eli_
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, eli_ said:

Oreo, your event ideas aren't terrible but the issue I have with you is your attitude towards me recently. You've been nothing but disrespectful to me and those actions got you kicked out of OCS COC and a strike just today. I feel you need to improve your attitude towards others before you apply for the GM Team. 
spacer.png
spacer.png
Here's the screenshot from the reason you got striked today. Was trying to do RP with a kidnap scenario with Horse and a few 2GA, and with no reason you say this. - "Irving you sound like a hamster in a blender"

Any other 11A who dealt with him will most likely happily give there opinions on these scenarios.

Not good looks at all. For both this app and your Army rank. -1

Edited by Tejas
  • Like 1

Its gonna be a -1 from me for a few reasons 1 your disrespect to soc factions I've been told about it in a few occasions and you will act like your all that. If your attitude changes I might rethink my decision but for now its a -1

Just now, HonestDog_ said:

you will act like your all that.

What i mean by this is that you'll act like your better than some of the officers and people on SOC

I do like the events you posted above, they seem well thought out and flexible in case something were to go awry. However, that alone is not the only thing needed to be a GM, you need to have good relations with many if not all of the factions you will be holding events for.

7 hours ago, eli_ said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

3 hours ago, HonestDog_ said:

Its gonna be a -1 from me for a few reasons 1 your disrespect to soc factions I've been told about it in a few occasions and you will act like your all that. If your attitude changes I might rethink my decision but for now its a -1

What i mean by this is that you'll act like your better than some of the officers and people on SOC

Both the incident and statement quoted above along with the issues I've personally seen with following higher command's orders are why I'm going to have to say no on this app, if behavior improves, I may revise my vote.

Edited by BlakeHawklight
13 hours ago, eli_ said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

6 hours ago, BlakeHawklight said:

I do like the events you posted above, they seem well thought out and flexible in case something were to go awry. However, that alone is not the only thing needed to be a GM, you need to have good relations with many if not all of the factions you will be holding events for.

Both the incident and statement quoted above along with the issues I've personally seen with following higher command's orders are why I'm going to have to say no on this app, if behavior improves, I may revise my vote.

Literally going SOLELY off these 2 responses, the events seem decent but your behavior in game went from good to shit. You're following the smity route not to throw shade or anything but literally smity went from good to horse shit, simply put event ideas good, behavior in game dogshit. You got removed from OCS for faction diss and something else I'm pretty sure but would be very unwise to put you on the gm team currently with  you  behavior.  Good luck in the future. 

Also to add on you said in radio to a person who was looking to join DF to "don't join its shit" then got called out in debrief by irving and me. I don't have proof of this so take it with a grain of salt. Also some of your events I'm pretty sure were already happened... by wolf, now I may be incorrect but they seem oddly familiar to a couple events wolf did. Also is MTF and NTF from SCP? 

Edited by Fetn
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

Look the events are good, but eli said basically said it your attitude isn't the best you were recently removed from OCS COC to then continue to minge and disrespect people after multiple warnings 

so for now i give a FAT -1
if you can fix your attitude and change, then reapply and we'll see how it goes after.

-1 Given what Fetn & Eli said I don’t know if your attitude will set a good example for new players and people who partake in your events. Part of being a game master is keeping a cool head when shit goes sideways and I don’t know if that’s a trait you have right now. 

Maybe, wait a little until you improve your reputation. I’d focus on getting Eli and fetn and other important members who play US on your side.

• Haha 1

Seems like you've had a little shift of change in going towards being disrespectful towards others according to the responses above. 

You seemed and still are a chill dude from what I've experienced but you'll need to change that attitude and make another application if this one gets denied after you realize what you say holds some sort of meaning.

Its clear you do seem capable in the slightest to become a GM but you need to improve relations as you'll be interacting with practically the entirety of the server.

Edited by zoahl