DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Switch back to Omega while we wait for edited version to release

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

I am suggesting that while we wait for the new edited version of Omega to release, we switch to the original Omega map for the time being. I believe most people (At least within the Afghanistan side) agree to this idea, as we are all sick of playing on this map. We've been asking for a map change for at least 3 months now, it's about time we finally switch to something else. I understand that Garnet is working on the new version, and some people say we need to be patient, but it just doesn't make any sense to force people to play on this map when it's most likely going to be a long while before the map releases and when people don't want to play this map anymore.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

Some people may ask if there really is any benefit/point to switching the map. In my opinion, I'd say there 100% is a benefit to switching the map back to Omega. From what I've personally seen, a lot of the player base has grown bored of Delta, and most would prefer to switch back to Omega (even with it's existing issues). Implementing the map back adds some freshness to the gameplay of the server, which will encourage people to continue playing the server. And with more active players, the pop will increase. With higher pop, newer players will join the server. Hopefully with this change the more active players will play more (I know I personally would be incentivized to play more) which will cause newer players to stick around as well.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos] N/A

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 8
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

force people to play on this map when it's most likely going to be a long while before the map releases and when people don't want to play this map anymore.

1 hour ago, jas0n said:

some players are leaving and waiting for a new map.

I know I’m not around anymore but I don’t think these comments could come from a worse ideology. 

Let me first acknowledge that variety is the spice of life and I, as someone with 7k+ hours on MRP, definitely understand how new and pretty things are alluring. However I also can look at this from an executive and owner point of view. 

No one is forcing you to play this map. No one is forcing you to get on and play a video game, server, or map that you don’t want to. With that said, there is a significant amount of people holding the server hostage. “I won’t play unless the map changes 😩” Go fuck yourselves. Do you know how whiny and ungrateful you all sound. Leave. Resign from your position. Don’t take an “indefinite LOA”. Leave. Don’t be some selfish asshat holding a position of power hostage because you don’t like the map. If you aren’t going to play, leave. Resign. Give someone else who is willing to stick it out and play the opportunity to run your faction, take your officer spot, etc.

This suggestion is now calling for a 3rd map change to be on the calendar. The suggestion and all this outcry for a map is so god damn selfish it’s crazy. You’re all saying I play this game for me and me only. Fuck trying to help the server in a time of volatility, I’m just going to cling to a position and not play until something new happens. Phenomenal example of why I completely understand Garnet’s frustration is the Tali update. He changed an entire country at the drop of a hat in order to keep the server spicy and appease the player base. How did pop react? As always, a good spike in the beginning and then it tapers off as the excitement fades.

So why should he, in the middle of dealing with a fucking family emergency, devote time to yet another map change when history has shown that it yields very temporary results. And in addition, the people asking for the change are literally taking pop hostage. Y’all fucking wild man I swear.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 2
  • Agree 4
2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I know I’m not around anymore but I don’t think these comments could come from a worse ideology. 

You're right, you don't play anymore so I have zero clue on why you're trying to make a dramatic scenario out of a simple suggestion

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

No one is forcing you to play this map. No one is forcing you to get on and play a video game, server, or map that you don’t want to. With that said, there is a significant amount of people holding the server hostage. “I won’t play unless the map changes 😩” Go fuck yourselves. Do you know how whiny and ungrateful you all sound. Leave. Resign from your position. Don’t take an “indefinite LOA”. Leave. Don’t be some selfish asshat holding a position of power hostage because you don’t like the map. If you aren’t going to play, leave. Resign. Give someone else who is willing to stick it out and play the opportunity to run your faction, take your officer spot, etc.

This suggestion is now calling for a 3rd map change to be on the calendar. The suggestion and all this outcry for a map is so god damn selfish it’s crazy. You’re all saying I play this game for me and me only. Fuck trying to help the server in a time of volatility, I’m just going to cling to a position and not play until something new happens. Phenomenal example of why I completely understand Garnet’s frustration is the Tali update. He changed an entire country at the drop of a hat in order to keep the server spicy and appease the player base. How did pop react? As always, a good spike in the beginning and then it tapers off as the excitement fades.

Let me start this off by saying you have zero clue of what you're talking about. Just because some people want a simple map change while Garnet edits the new one doesn't mean we're holding our positions of power hostage. All of the people who play on the server and want this are still very much active and are playing every day. No one has taken an "indefinite LOA" as far as I know because they are bored of the map.

I've dedicated countless of hours to Taliban since I've come back, I've reworked the Cadet Corps structure and all of the docs that comes with it, as well as lead the program itself. I also did the most amount of Tali tryouts in the month of October, I've been busting ass to try and keep this side alive and for some reason people seem to think I've done nothing to help try and keep it up. No one is clinging to a position of power, or at least I haven't. Your claim is baseless and outright stupid considering you do not play on the server. We've all been trying to help the server in this time of need, we have been for the past two weeks. But it comes to a point where the problem isn't a side thing it is a server functionality thing (Combat and the map itself). If Garnet doesn't want to continue to work on these aspects of the server, then he seriously needs to consider his future plans for the server itself.

As for how the pop reacted when Afghan came out, that is a completely normal behaviour for players to have with a game. People become bored of a game so they move on, that's why games like Genshin Impact or New World release updates constantly to add new things to the game. The fact that you expect people to stick around when things start to become boring is one of the dumbest things I keep hearing when discussing topics like this. 

No one has said they aren't grateful for what He's done for this community the past 6 years, all people want is a temporary map while he edits Omega to see if it helps pop come back and to see if it will help players "burned out"/boredom feeling. It really doesn't take that much to just change the BSP to the omega beta version, it takes two seconds.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

emergency, devote time to yet another map change when history has shown that it yields very temporary results. And in addition the people asking for the change are literally taking pop hostage. Y’all fucking wild man I swear.

I'm not saying he has to do it right this second, no Idea where you got that idea from. Every change is going to hold very temporary results, hence why change is necessary if you want people to continue playing the server and have fun while doing it. The fact you think we're the ones holding the population hostage is so stupid, we're all still on at a constant rate.

This is a suggestion thread, there is no expiration date or deadline on when these have to be accepted or denied. He can come to it when he pleases, but he should know what the community wants. One of the only reasons why I posted this thread in the first place was because I asked Fonza to talk about this to Garnet again on discord, and he gave me this response:

Jt6WawF.png

Not like it matters anyways though, looks like Fonza already made up his mind and just doesn't care about what the community feels like doing.

1ZhXWuF.png

• Cringe 1