DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Police should have tasers

Gremlin

I clearly believe that police should have tasers for many reasons. I'm going to list some benefits and cons of adding tasers to your server.

Pros

- Would help to stop wanted people from running away

-Defusing situations such as being held at gun point and etc.

-Helping to successfully attempt arrests

Cons

- Taser spamming

- Tasing random people for no reason

-Tasers possibly making the game unenjoyable to play

Conclusion

These are just some reasons why and  why you shouldn't have tasers. Although I personally believe that tasers would make a fun and experimental weapon/addon to have on this fine server. and that's just a quick summary of my suggestion.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

What would the taser do exactly? Does it stop a player from moving for a few seconds, or does it slow the player's movements temporarily? And is there a timer for how often a taser could be used?  I feel that it could be beneficial to the server if done right, but for now I will be neutral.

Neutral

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, FlameSoul said:

What would the taser do exactly? Does it stop a player from moving for a few seconds, or does it slow the player's movements temporarily? And is there a timer for how often a taser could be used?  I feel that it could be beneficial to the server if done right, but for now I will be neutral.

Neutral

Its to stop someone, and i’d say thered be a small cooldown aswell

• Like 1
On 11/11/2021 at 2:49 AM, Gremlin said:

Taser spamming

- Tasing random people for no reason

-Tasers possibly making the game unenjoyable to play

These alone are why we shouldn't have them.

2 hours ago, FlameSoul said:

I feel like if it stops a player's movements for 5 seconds and can only be used once every 3 mins or anything of that sorts, then it becomes a lot more reasonable and I would support the idea at that point.

Although I do agree with this. But with such a long cooldown they might become pointless.

• Like 2

I personally think this would be useful. Taser spamming and such can have rules implemented on it for police or have it that police officers cannot use a taser on someone who is not wanted.
I think it'd be helpful since it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to arrest someone with or without perks when they are running.

A taser being able to stun someone for a short period of time would be hella useful for police pursuits and make a lot of sense.

+1

Edited by MisterShankie
  • Agree 2

Not a bad idea but lots of low levels will minge with it, especially when there's no staff on the server.

also if this's accepted, we need to download more addons (model...etc}, it will slow down the download speed of loading

+1

Fish and royk changed my mind, not a bad idea actually, arrest stick of cops kinda ass

Edited by Hoal

@Hoal counter arguement, why bother having a suggestion post if its just going to get downvoted because we don't want to make the server any bigger.

Personally I think it's a good idea but I think it should be less than 3 minutes, maybe a minute at max.

+1 Would love to see implemented.

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, Hoal said:

Not a bad idea but lots of low levels will minge with it, especially when there's no staff on the server.

also if this's accepted, we need to download more addons (model...etc}, it will slow down the download speed of loading

I get where your coming from, but it wont be any bigger than the deliveryman

• Agree 3

Would give minge cops another toy to play with and 5 seconds is quite a long time when you think about it. If I'm trying to steal printers from a base I just raided and I get hit with a taser and can't move for 5 seconds, it would not only kill me/arrest me, but definitely kill the good vibes. Overall I'm going to vote -1 not because it's a bad idea but because I doubt it can be implemented in a way that is both fun for the CP and for the victims.

Edited by Entity
  • Like 2