Warns: 0
Timezone: MST
Playtime?: 120:01:01
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] No referral
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I have been playing on Garnet Gaming's darkrp for quite awhile now and I have developed quite a deep understanding of the game mode and the players that are on the server. I bring to the table a sense of understanding that not many players have. In my time zone, there are areas of time on the server that can tend to be without staff or with few staff. Which is part of the reason I am applying. I want to keep the server fair and just, since I love the experience so much. 

I've always been interested in being server staff on games before. I have lots of activity, and as recently stated a good chunk of it is on the server at times when things can slide due to there being few staff online. I am respectful, quick learning, honest, and impartial. I also have a great record on the server without any warns or bans. I look to work for the improvement of the community within the server and maintain a fun environment. I love gaming, and its been a big part of my life for a long time. I am very helpful to new players and showing them around the server. Its important to me that darkrp grows and that people aren't left with a bad impression, since we were all there once.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details 

No I haven't.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

No I haven't.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Daily, at the minimum 2 hours with a near maximum of 6-7.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

I am a amateur Kickboxer / Muay Thai fighter in my home state. 

Did you read the staff rules?:

ak47

Edited by ak47
  • Disagree 1

-The paragraphs definitely could use some work.

-good activity.

I will give you a NEUTRAL for now. Paragraphs are really important and your paragraphs kinda seem basic. When more people vote I will change my answer. GL

I heard from them and it looks like a -1

Edited by Monke
bad

^ Agree with Hoal, you should Beef those paragraphs up a bit they kinda weak.

However I have only had positive interactions with you, so I'll be giving a +1 

I reserve the right to change that to a -1 based off of other comments ❤️ 

Shank has reminded me, that after I requested you change your name when you first joined the server, (I beleve it was something to do with aimware.) that you changed it to another hacking client Black something or other. Which you were then requested to change it again-which you did to ak47. I will be going through my footage to see if I have anything on this. Now, because of that, I will be giving a -1

Edited by xFish
haxor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

When you joined the server your name was advertising a cheating/hacking forum. When the staff made you change your name, you changed it to another cheating/hacking forum advertisement, before being made to change your name once again.

In my opinion you should have received a punishment for this, but regardless I don't think this behavior is one befitting of the staff role. I can't stand behind the decision to approve you.

49 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

For everyone leaving a -1 because he had his name as a hacking client that doesn't even support GMOD when he FIRST JOINED THE SERVER needs to re-evaluate their -1. You cant hold something as small as this against someone especially if he literally just joined the server and learned from it.

I'm not holding his original name against him really... it's the fact he was told that advertising cheats in his name is not allowed, and was told to change it, after which he changed it to yet ANOTHER cheating advertisement. Considering this all happened less than a week ago (meaning he hasn't really had much time in my opinion to learn the server very well), I think his staff app was poorly timed.

All I know about ak47 is that he had cheating advertisements in his name, and instead of listening to the staff and changing it to a non-offensive name, he further wasted the staff's time by changing it to a separate hacking advertisement.

I think if he takes the time to improve his image within the community he will be able to put this behind him. But playing for a week is not a good enough amount of time to become a well-known member in the community, so it's my opinion that he should continue improving his reputation and try again when he's known by others.

Edited by ShankNinja
responding to horse guy
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 2

After seeing the posts and shanks post I am afraid I do not trust you in our team.

After some reconsideration and your explanation i've decided to give you a chance since you didn't seem to intend any harm.
Though you're still an idiot for changing your name from one hacking client to another when you were told, I will overlook it.

+1

Edited by MisterShankie

+1

While you did do something stupid once you first joined the server, since that. It looks like you’ve been a pretty clean player, haven’t caused much problem since then. you read the rules and you got 2 paragraphs which in my eyes shows that your putting effort.  Assuming no other issues come up I think it’s OK to give you a chance

• Cringe 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

After those comment, this post is kinda fucked up.
but ngl, I agree with what @OpTic Gunner said, It's not a big deal for me, you didn't cause more problem after the name report (when I was onduty)
you become a active player and I have no bad interactions with you, I mean peoples always fucked up tons of rules/stuff when they first joined the server, like being a retard and running around screaming the Hard-R everywhere, MassRDM like a crazy, for the low levels, who wont?
even your name was advertising a cheating/hacking forums, I think you deserve a chance.

But since staff-app isn't a personally decision, It depends on most of our respond and your reputation of the community,
I would recommend you to gain more reputation with staffs to let people know you really changed.

Edited by Hoal
  • Sad 1

In regards to my previous names: 

aimware ak47

blacksector ak47

These names were used on my steam account for years. I do not condone cheating nor cheat myself. My intention was never to advertise hacks. Besides, the aforementioned cheat companies aren't even for gmod or source games. Why would I be advertising cheats on a totally unrelated game? anyways, the names were a sarcastic reference to my aim. I do however understand the magnitude of it especially in a staff application. In the mean time I will be putting more time in the server and building more rep. I hope to change my app and apply again soon. Thank you for the feedback everyone, it is appreciated.

Edited by ak47
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 2
  • Agree 2