Uncover the lockdown button in PD

Adric

Description: [Remove the prop blocking the lockdown button in PD so raiders can activate a lockdown]

Reasoning: [incentivize more cops to play and in turn help other classes be used like bank robber or bounty hunter / to incentivize cops to protect PD]

Additional Information: [5 min timer that automatically ends lockdown when activated via button?]
Edited by Adric
  • Like 1

+1

I don't remember how the button functions but there's three things I'd love to have changed to the current system:

1. The lockdown is enforced at ending 5 minutes in (Mayor OR Button) since this seems to be forgotten a lot
2. The button is able to end the lockdown early as well as start them

3. The lockdown cannot be started by the Mayor or by the Button before the 5 minute cooldown is over.

Lastly, though not as important, I think the button/command could have an inbuilt 30 second warning. Since this is part of the rules, I think it would make sense to have it pop a notice into chat, count down the 30 seconds, and allow players to prepare before it's effective.

This would fix the current issues with lockdown, which is that a Mayor will hide somewhere obscure, initiate a lockdown, and not be killable by raiders. Oftentimes these lockdowns exceed 5 minutes due to nobody timing the lockdown, and they often start without warning/reason anyways (which the button would probably do as well)

I know the Hitman is supposed to exist for this purpose but I rarely see this solution being applied to the problem. I also think it makes more sense for the Mayor and his PD to be protecting the Mayor's quarters as opposed to be hiding in the sewers running lottos and lockdowns (which I don't think fits with the Mayor RP). It would also incentivize a mayor to either have a well-guarded PD or abstain from calling a lockdown and by-hand arresting players that are hanging out on the street, which although the Mayor is a CP I don't think it makes much sense for the mayor to walk outside of the PD and handcuff civilians on his own although that might just be my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah thats one thing I miss about mayor bases tbh, it used to force the mayor to "stay in the pd" ig. Personally I would love to see Mayor being able to build again because that would be totally awesome and should def come back. There were no problems with it what so ever and it should not ever have been removed ever totally balanced gameplay. +1 bring back lockdown button/ why was it removed lmao it wasnt as annoying as crowbar

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted

Sure, I'll unblock the lockdown button.
Just let me know once you guys want it covered up again after the millionth Level 5 Thief has set it off for no reason. 😀