DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Attack Heli fix

Sythireau

Description:
Fix the Tali and US attack helicopters weaponry so it works properly.

Reason:
Helicopters are nice to have in war but I feel like if we fixed the attack helicopters and made the weaponry fire properly it can
help war be a little more fun. Attack Helicopters with working weaponry would make flying and overall fights a lot more fun with the 
possibility of calling in airstrikes. This would also add actual purpose to smoke grenades, for instance if someone wants to call in
an airstrike they can toss a red grenade and an AFSOC or AAF can bomb, or shoot that area. I feel like with the limit to missile count
this would make it nice to have. Currently the attack helicopters sit neglected due to having no real usage.

Additional Information:
Helicopters alone are already very very hard to fly during war let alone in a combat situation PLUS shooting. We could also implement a rule 
(i'll get one in AFSOC) that states if you run out of missiles/minigun rounds you have to wait 5 minutes before re-arming as a sort of 
roleplay arming time so AFSOC and AAF aren't just respawning helis and grabbing full ones again. It would add an aspect to war especially
for US side since US side has like 1 explosive class whereas Tali has around 4.

Edited by CanadianTyrant
Accidentally hit enter too early
33 minutes ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Description:

Reason:
Helicopters are nice to have in war but I feel like if we fixed the attack helicopters and made the weaponry fire properly it can
help war be a little more fun. Attack Helicopters with working weaponry would make flying and overall fights a lot more fun with the 
possibility of calling in airstrikes. This would also add actual purpose to smoke grenades, for instance if someone wants to call in
an airstrike they can toss a red grenade and an AFSOC or AAF can bomb, or shoot that area. I feel like with the limit to missile count
this would make it nice to have. Currently the attack helicopters sit neglected due to having no real usage.

Additional Information:
N/A

-1 Attack helis in war would be super cancerous last time one was brought out everyone complained super hard about it and no one ever liked it  

3 minutes ago, leansamuel101 said:

-1 Attack helis in war would be super cancerous last time one was brought out everyone complained super hard about it and no one ever liked it  

Explain how it'd be cancerous, helicopters are hard to fly let alone actually use stuff and rules would be put in place for stuff like rocket usage, plus we have Team Damage for AOE's coming in the future which would play into this.

By "Rocket usage" i mean a possible rule like "if you run out of ammunition you have to land and wait 5 minutes to re-arm or it's failrp"

Edited by CanadianTyrant

+1 for python's reason. Adding on to that, it's really fucking cool to be in the midst of a battle and have aircraft fire from the skies. It adds a new challenge and layer of depth to wars that is sometimes difficult to create on MRP. This also gives AAF and AFSOC a new area to improve their skills in.

Edited by Kurtle

+1 I know I was never in AFSOC or AAF but when I did tryout or they let me fly the Helicopters it was really hard to aim and shoot an accurate rocket and even if this does get added I think it would bring a lot more RP and more fun and incentive to join AAF or AFSOC since now your allowed to shoot at people while flying and shit like that, If the rockets are to OP then maybe Garnet would be able to edit the damage it puts out and the splash

3 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Explain how it'd be cancerous, helicopters are hard to fly let alone actually use stuff and rules would be put in place for stuff like rocket usage, plus we have Team Damage for AOE's coming in the future which would play into this.

By "Rocket usage" i mean a possible rule like "if you run out of ammunition you have to land and wait 5 minutes to re-arm or it's failrp"

The attack heli isn’t the hardest thing to use I’ve been copilot and used the weapons on it literally wouldn’t be fun to have 2 attack helis or more in war raining down

• Disagree 3
19 minutes ago, leansamuel101 said:

The attack heli isn’t the hardest thing to use I’ve been copilot and used the weapons on it literally wouldn’t be fun to have 2 attack helis or more in war raining down

You clearly haven't flown it then. Flying the only available attack helicopter atm, I think the MI-28, is a challenge all in its own without having to keep it steady for your gunner and avoid enemy rockets and grenade launchers

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, Salmon said:

You clearly haven't flown it then. Flying the only available attack helicopter atm, I think the MI-28, is a challenge all in its own without having to keep it steady for your gunner and avoid enemy rockets and grenade launchers

Honestly pilots should just become good with it I know it ass but with practice one can become good with it

1 hour ago, leansamuel101 said:

Honestly pilots should just become good with it I know it ass but with practice one can become good with it

The thing is, with the usage of attack helicopters if it's fine with Salmon and Theos would could add 2 new server rules.

#1 Any attack helicopter is required to wait 5 minutes when attempting to re-arm a helicopter. This means a heli pilot can either
decide to immediately re-arm at the loss of all Hydra-70 Missiles and wait the 5 minutes, or continue to use the M134 Miniguns before
deciding to re-arm. Regardless of when you decide to re-arm you cannot use a helicopter for the duration of that 5 minutes.

#2 Both AFSOC and AAF must crash-land a helicopter that has been hit with # of explosive devices (say maybe 2 grenade launchers/2 matador rockets)
and cannot use a heli for 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, CanadianTyrant said:

The thing is, with the usage of attack helicopters if it's fine with Salmon and Theos would could add 2 new server rules.

#1 Any attack helicopter is required to wait 5 minutes when attempting to re-arm a helicopter. This means a heli pilot can either
decide to immediately re-arm at the loss of all Hydra-70 Missiles and wait the 5 minutes, or continue to use the M134 Miniguns before
deciding to re-arm. Regardless of when you decide to re-arm you cannot use a helicopter for the duration of that 5 minutes.

#2 Both AFSOC and AAF must crash-land a helicopter that has been hit with # of explosive devices (say maybe 2 grenade launchers/2 matador rockets)
and cannot use a heli for 10 minutes.

You wanna know something funny the second rule is already in place and it’s been in place for the longest and that’s for all helis and the first one still wouldn’t fix the fact that they’d be raining down upon people just makes it so it’s not all the time 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 hour ago, leansamuel101 said:

You wanna know something funny the second rule is already in place and it’s been in place for the longest and that’s for all helis and the first one still wouldn’t fix the fact that they’d be raining down upon people just makes it so it’s not all the time 

Funny thing, that's not a server rule it's a faction rule that people aren't required to uphold. Theos' words

• StarWarsRP Management Team
10 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Could you more specifically define what needs fixing on the weaponry?