DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Attack Heli fix

Sythireau

On 1/4/2022 at 2:47 AM, CanadianTyrant said:

Funny thing, that's not a server rule it's a faction rule that people aren't required to uphold. Theos' words

I cannot tell you how long this has been a rule and it isn’t a faction rule idk what he told you exactly but from my knowledge it’s always been a rule that if your heli gets hit with a rocket and you crash that’s 10 mins that it can’t be up for applies to both factions and if it isn’t a server rule well it’s been a faction rule for both factions since forever ago

It is indeed a server rule. 10 minute cooldown when your helicopter gets shot down so it would still apply.

However, fixing how helicopters fire their weapons and their usage during war is what this suggestion is for and you have yet to offer a valid counter argument. Flying the attack heli is not an easy feat, let alone firing your rockets accurately, avoiding enemy rockets, and giving your gunner a stable shot. And we tested recently and found that the gunners seat gun is horribly inaccurate, even stable and close to the enemy. So as you said it would be "super cancerous," I can 100% assure you that it won't be for the guys on the ground and that you have no idea what you're talking about

4 hours ago, leansamuel101 said:

I cannot tell you how long this has been a rule and it isn’t a faction rule idk what he told you exactly but from my knowledge it’s always been a rule that if your heli gets hit with a rocket and you crash that’s 10 mins that it can’t be up for applies to both factions and if it isn’t a server rule well it’s been a faction rule for both factions since forever ago

You must wait ten minutes via the rules, but you don’t need to crash after being hit by a rocket. Crashing after being hit by a rocket was a courtesy by Tuna’s AFSOC that was not imposed by server rules. Canadian was suggesting that it be made a rule that you must crash after being hit by a rocket. Lack of WAC damage made it impossible to kill attack helicopters, so any time we were hit by a rocket we’d crash as a courtesy, it was never a server rule that you must crash after being hit by a rocket.

• Agree 2
7 hours ago, leansamuel101 said:

That was something that was suggested by people who were in AFSOC/AAF, and we all agreed upon, however never became a real server rule.

• Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Ok so an update on this suggestion.

The Helicopters firing backwards has been added to the trello, to be fixed.

However attack helicopters are not permitted in war as per server rules, and this has not been discussed on this suggestion. Therefore from this comment onwards, consider the suggestion a rule change, and comment with responses with that in mind.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Theos said:

Ok so an update on this suggestion.

The Helicopters firing backwards has been added to the trello, to be fixed.

However attack helicopters are not permitted in war as per server rules, and this has not been discussed on this suggestion. Therefore from this comment onwards, consider the suggestion a rule change, and comment with responses with that in mind.

With that in mind my proposition for the rule to be swapped could be this.

Attack Helicopters in war must abide to 2 rules.

Rule 1: If the helicopter is hit by 4 explosive devices, it is required to land and discard the helicopter for 10 minutes such as how the transports will take 2.
Rule 2: If an attack helicopter is to run out of rockets and/or minigun rounds and decides to re-arm they must discard the helicopter and wait a 5 minute time limit 
which could be something called a "Re-Arm timer"

Both of these rules will result in a FailRp warn if not abided as well as faction punishment.

Edited by CanadianTyrant
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, Theos said:

My Rule Revisions suggestion has a rule about attack helicopters, this rule states they may only be used in the event of a war pubstomp. Also, considering how much you supported that suggestion, it would be nice to see it’s implementation under your management.

-1 to the rule change. I believe that allowing attack helicopters to utilize weapons during war would provide a big enough imbalance in favor of one side to be very unfair. Difficulties in flying and aiming are not enough to justify allowing it, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Rule 1: If the helicopter is hit by 4 explosive devices, it is required to land and discard the helicopter for 10 minutes such as how the transports will take 2.

I have yet to see anybody hit a single rocket on any aircraft since I've been back and playing again.

11 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Rule 2: If an attack helicopter is to run out of rockets and/or minigun rounds and decides to re-arm they must discard the helicopter and wait a 5 minute time limit 
which could be something called a "Re-Arm timer"

There is no easy way to track this in-game (unless they say it in chat) and is based on the honor system. If anything, this provides a disadvantage to Afghan since they must spawn aircraft in US base and cannot easily bypass the "re-arm timer". **This isn't to claim that any current AFSOC or AAF would abuse the system but is still giving opportunity nonetheless**

3 minutes ago, Lex_ said:

I have yet to see anybody hit a single rocket on any aircraft since I've been back and playing again.

I have been hit while flying before but also plenty have missed me. I think lowering the amount requiring the helis to go down can adjust for the rocket launcher/GL skill issue

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
On 1/7/2022 at 10:49 AM, Lex_ said:

-1 to the rule change. I believe that allowing attack helicopters to utilize weapons during war would provide a big enough imbalance in favor of one side to be very unfair. Difficulties in flying and aiming are not enough to justify allowing it, in my opinion.

There is no easy way to track this in-game (unless they say it in chat) and is based on the honor system. If anything, this provides a disadvantage to Afghan since they must spawn aircraft in US base and cannot easily bypass the "re-arm timer". **This isn't to claim that any current AFSOC or AAF would abuse the system but is still giving opportunity nonetheless**

I feel like you're kinda incorrect, attack helicopters are very difficult to fly in the server plus it would add a much better war aspect. Currently war is very unfun, attack helicopters would help balance out sides and make war more fun and actually nice to play in because it'll feel like a war instead of turning a corner and getting 2 shot by a folding model.

2 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

I feel like you're kinda incorrect, attack helicopters are very difficult to fly in the server plus it would add a much better war aspect. Currently war is very unfun, attack helicopters would help balance out sides and make war more fun and actually nice to play in because it'll feel like a war instead of turning a corner and getting 2 shot by a folding model.

Attack helis would literally add jack shit to war other then OMFG THE ENEMY SIDE HAS AN ATTACK HELI BRUHHHHH SO RETARDEDSDS that’s literally it the way war is right now is the same way it’s always been except we got more explosives involved, also US models should be getting fixed soon also difficulty to fly doesn’t mean unable to fly. I also tried the attack heli in war literally harassed a tali entrance high in the sky and got bored lol 

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1

On a map like Delta this would be a way better idea. The way Omega is set up, not so sure. It's too small for helicopters to not become an inbalance if you ask me. 

War is unfun is also just an opinion you have, players that are enjoying PvP (main playerbase of Garnet MRP) will enjoy war still. They may have some complaints or mald sessions throughout, but without it they'll be bored from the server too quick. The switch to Omega has improved the war setting in every way in comparison to Delta, let's not ruin it because some people do want to kill people but can not take the chance of getting killed while doing so. 

Keep AFSOC/AAF as an RP faction - as it was it's intention if I'm correct - it became a war faction because it became a one life system. But since you can be in multiple factions together with AFSOC/AAF now, just keep it for RP. There's plenty of stuff to do during peacetime for those factions if the will is there to do so.

-1 for this suggestion from me.

Edited by Whue
  • Disagree 1

I wholeheartedly believe that the members of AAF and AFSOC are able-minded, skilled individuals who are able to make smart decisions. With this in mind, we can confidently assume that the members of these factions will not choose to utilize helicopters in a foul manner (Example: 5 Taliban V 20 US and US decides to take an attack helicopter out). They will RP correctly if damaged, and if shot by hundreds of infantry rounds, they will fly back to base for repairs. 

While I certainly think that helicopters can be oppressive to play against, the fact stands for anyone who has ever actually flown a WAC helicopter and tried to use the guns, is that it is hard to use and basically useless in most combat situations. 

As former AAF COL, I would say that one of the most enjoyable experiences was trying to improve as a gunner in the Attack Heli, I believe that giving AAF and AFSOC the opportunity to utilize these would give more appeal to the factions, as well as increasing the responsibilities and importance of it.

Wrapping up, if it is found that AAF and AFSOC are unable to fulfill these roles properly, just punish them 4Head.

Confirming and adding to my +1.

+1

Attack helicopter would be an interesting change to the server but there needs to be some rules for balancing. Both sides should both have access to Attack helicopters to be used in war. AKA both AAF and AFSOC have to be on and participating in war. That way not one side gets an advantage.  

Other balance changes would most likely have to be made after they are added and used on the server.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, jas0n said:

+1

Attack helicopter would be an interesting change to the server but there needs to be some rules for balancing. Both sides should both have access to Attack helicopters to be used in war. AKA both AAF and AFSOC have to be on and participating in war. That way not one side gets an advantage.  

Other balance changes would most likely have to be made after they are added and used on the server.

I actually enjoy this idea and I could get it implemented possibly with NDB and Larry so that usage of Attack Helis is only allowed when there is an AAF member on. Obviously this could be bypassed by simply hopping off so the rule would probably be as long as there is a user in the faction on the server and actively playing it is fine