DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DB Raids

Rust

I say we bring back DB Raids. It made things more fun after war, no matter if you're the one blowing people up or if you're getting blown up. It also keeps you guarding the base after war just like in real life🙂

• Agree 4
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
16 hours ago, Rust said:

if you're getting blown up

DB raids 9/10 fucked with base factions, pissed off base factions and resulted in base factions being stuck in spawn for most of the raid. Base factions were used to raid in maybe 1/10 DB raids, if we're being generous, and usually as a way of rubbing in a War win.

Also prior to their removal, they had become increasingly petty and toxic with some users breaking server rules just to 'get a feed'. On the rule breaking before someone says to just enforce, it would require Staff members to pull out of war for the final minutes and watch bases.

This is gonna get denied unless someone has come up with a new and important argument

Edited by Theos
  • Agree 3

I have bee thinking about something like this for awhile now as I did enjoy the old DB raids of the past but also saw some of the reasons why they were stopped by the change in rules. Personally on this subject I feel that a decrease in the wait time to do the raid would be a fair change allowing for people to be able to finish the main DB before the time is up but still allow for separate DB raid opportunities. I feel that a 5 minute time that you have to wait to raid after war and 5 minutes before war is a fair amount of time allowing for the main DB to be completed but also gives an opportunity for there to be some danger and would have SOC who dismissed already keep an eye out for potential raiders. This method would also allow for more base faction involvement in a separate DB raid as in that 5 minute time frame you can easily herd Tali or 11B over to the enemy base to create more base involvement in raids. Base faction raids can be some of the most fun when you get everyone involved and play some music as you frontally assault the enemy base and get a nice feed from the enemy debrief. Though it is true that DB raids can simply be used as a way to toxic after a war is over taking that toxicity out in a raid is a lot better then the alternatives that usually break out with ooc disputes and arguments in TS. Raids allow players to have a bit of fun and get some revenge on a war they just lost or simply just take the enlisted of the base faction to go and do something fun after war to keep them staying engaged and willing to sit through DB after having a shitty experience in war. As a base faction man for many years I didn't always enjoy the nades in our debriefs we found ways to roll with them and also to prevent them, it allowed us to create little upper enlisted recon teams who would go on raid watch when it was suspected we would get raided and made them feel important and keep them engaged rather then tabbing out on a DB cause they ain't getting promoted. My suggestion ain't perfect but I do feel that it is the best middle ground from what I have talked with other players about and would be the most fun and helpful for the current MPR community.

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut

Denied

No, find a different server to play on if you're idea of fun is shooting a bunch of people standing still with their keys out. I know that's probably the only time you get kills on the server, but come on.

16 hours ago, Rust said:

it just brought some fun to the table after war

It brought fun to 1 or 2 people, while 30-50 others were just annoyed inconvenienced. 

• Spicy 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1