DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add Tasers to Officer WLs to Assist With AOS's

Tomfoolery

Description:
We all know of the current issue that came with the new terms of no longer being able to just shoot a guy on your own team for disrupting your tryouts 
or breaking PTS one too many times, and while I believe such is needed to bring about a more RP-friendly experience within the server, I do in fact 
share the same frustration that many have and will have when attempting to arrest someone: they can MOVE.
How can we fix such a dilemma, you ask? We can simply involve a staple tool used in almost any server that has rules and minges, a simple taser or stun baton 
that freezes a player for a few seconds!

Reasoning:

• Agree 1
31 minutes ago, Salmon said:

If this were to become a thing, any form of abuse with the taser/stun baton would result in an instant removal of your officer position. 

Agreed, should've stated that but yeah, abusing the tool meant for apprehending people to just "fool around" should result in punishment of any kind, ranking from rank lock, demotions, and even complete removal from Officers to any rank below such that is seen fit by the team. Since it will only be useable by Officers, staff wouldn't need to be involved as much since there won't be some moron PVT running around and tasing people.

1 hour ago, Tomfoolery said:
Description:
We all know of the current issue that came with the new terms of no longer being able to just shoot a guy on your own team for disrupting your tryouts 
or breaking PTS one too many times, and while I believe such is needed to bring about a more RP-friendly experience within the server, I do in fact 
share the same frustration that many have and will have when attempting to arrest someone: they can MOVE.
How can we fix such a dilemma, you ask? We can simply involve a staple tool used in almost any server that has rules and minges, a simple taser or stun baton 
that freezes a player for a few seconds!

Reasoning:

Huge +`

• StarWarsRP Management Team

If you are referring to a ranged Taser, please could you find an add-on in the Workshop and respond with it here. Obviously DarkRP has stun batons but they are not ranged.

7 hours ago, Theos said:

If you are referring to a ranged Taser, please could you find an add-on in the Workshop and respond with it here. Obviously DarkRP has stun batons but they are not ranged.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1729622779

Word of warning, this may need some testing before even trying to get it into the server. Although I have used it with friends privately, and works fine by ragdolling the player briefly before letting them stand up and denying movement for about 5 seconds, a lot of comments on it refer to some bugs and problems such as clearing the player's inventory upon being tased. Although that doesn't sound like a problem to me seeing as the only people that should and would be tased are disruptive players and minges shooting friendlies or breaking base rules, it might be an issue if such a tool was misused or accidently hit another player. A simple respawn would resolve it, but again, never had the problem on a private server.

If these issues prove too much, I'll be more than happy to hunt down another or even ask for which ones are used and favored by the GMod community.

-1 honestly there is no need to have a taser chasing them with cuffs out of the bunks or shooting at them once or twice or just yelling at them solves the trick also a taser could be abused in tons of ways one being stunning someone your trying to kidnap to put them in voice range

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
4 hours ago, leansamuel101 said:

-1 honestly there is no need to have a taser chasing them with cuffs out of the bunks or shooting at them once or twice or just yelling at them solves the trick also a taser could be abused in tons of ways one being stunning someone your trying to kidnap to put them in voice range

While I do appreciate your feedback, it seems a bit flawed to me and how you would describe "abused". The taser isn't a sniper that can hit you from across the map, if you're close to kidnap range, you're about just within taser range. I also mentioned that the taser could also benefit such situations for the kidnapper to stop someone with a faster movement speed if they're still in range, which I don't see as "abuse". The only abuse I could see as being a true problem would be the issue of people tasing teammates for shits and giggles, but it's most likely already solved with the fact only Officers would get it and the potential abuse of them would result in demotion or removal from Officers.

Plus, how do you expect us to adapt to the new AOS friendlies only rule now? Sure, we can just kill a tali that walks into DB or bunks, but what do we do when it's a US Soldier causing the issue? Can't lay them out anymore for RP reasons (which I feel is needed for a proper experience since this is MRP, not a PvP) and cuffing them requires them to be still or halted, which a taser would easily do.

10 hours ago, Tomfoolery said:

While I do appreciate your feedback, it seems a bit flawed to me and how you would describe "abused". The taser isn't a sniper that can hit you from across the map, if you're close to kidnap range, you're about just within taser range. I also mentioned that the taser could also benefit such situations for the kidnapper to stop someone with a faster movement speed if they're still in range, which I don't see as "abuse". The only abuse I could see as being a true problem would be the issue of people tasing teammates for shits and giggles, but it's most likely already solved with the fact only Officers would get it and the potential abuse of them would result in demotion or removal from Officers.

Plus, how do you expect us to adapt to the new AOS friendlies only rule now? Sure, we can just kill a tali that walks into DB or bunks, but what do we do when it's a US Soldier causing the issue? Can't lay them out anymore for RP reasons (which I feel is needed for a proper experience since this is MRP, not a PvP) and cuffing them requires them to be still or halted, which a taser would easily do.

You wouldnt understand just how easy it is to yell at someone also claim DB kos to unwanted easy enough tbh claims don’t have to be aos 

30 minutes ago, Zedd said:

Neutral 

It could be useful in some situations but also really annoying. There will be people abusing them no doubt

I'll say it again, the only people who would have access to them are Officers, and even IF an Officer abused the use of a taser (which would genuinely suprise me given how strict the rules would be with them and the punishment for going against them) you could just- clip, report, watch them fall. Simple.

And without sounding rude, I don't think you understand how easy it is for people to ignore you on the server. There's that handful of people that actually understand and don't want to be annoying to other players, but (let's face it) there's a striking majority that will either plain-out ignore your requests to leave or your claim status, and even worse will gun you down when you attempt to arrest them for not listening and it just ruins the experience for people. Sure, you can call a sit, argue with the other player and hope that they either get warned and jailed long enough for you to finish whatever you were doing before they hunt you down just to do it again out of spite and watch them go out in a blaze of glory and MRDM before getting banned for two weeks, or you can just- tase 'em... And cuff 'em... The worst they can do after that is LTAP (which is a bannable offense!). Moral of this long-winded rebuttal; The Taser practically cuts out the frustration of dealing with the majority of players. 

I really like this Idea. With the unlimited cuff usage now if you add in tasers it would remove the purpose of adding an MP class or faction of some sorts. I believe all officers should have this option. If they complain about AOS anymore if this gets put in, they would have ways to enforce AOS or RP with this weapon. There would be a discussion of the uses of this device but I really like this idea! 
+1

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Denied - but keep reading before you react

MP has been labelled as an 'In Progress' suggestion as planning on that is being carried out. If MP were to be added back to the server, they would be the only ones with access to a taser, and this suggestion is asking for the taser to be given to all Officers.

Depending on the results of the MP suggestion planning, tasers may or may not be added to the server.

• Haha 1