DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

West - GM Application

Westt

In-game name: 75R SSG West
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:213782550
Warns: 2, RDM & FailRP
Timezone: EST+6
Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): | 75R SSG West has played for 1609:15:32.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] BenZ, Statiic
Past experiences as a Game Master: I have been a T. Admin before where I did small scaled events.
Why should we choose you over other applicants? I should be chosen as a Game Master this time around simply because I think I can heavily contribute to the entertainment side of the server. Events have been rare these days around on the server and as a 'roleplay' server, I do think that that should not be the case. I will involve myself in several roleplay focused events together (hopefully) with other GMs that have the same look on the server as I do. Gamemasters are basically the first ambassadors for the roleplay aspect on the server, and it's been lacking heavily. I have experienced how gamemasters can turn the tide of activity on the server by hosting quality events and that is exactly what I am planning on doing. I will be actively looking for community feedback on events, what they like and how they would like to get involved in those events. Based on this I could set up eventual campaigns that will include all factions if that's asked for by the community. Basically why I should be accepted is because I will take the community's desires into consideration constantly when thinking about entertainment and ways to promote roleplay on the server. 

I am fully aware of the weird way I left the community a few months ago when I was still enrolled in the Trial Mod programme, but I am fully back now and would like to call upon faith and trust in my capabilities. I have the time and motivation to contribute to the role and I am honestly willing to commit more time than I actually have (like, deadass) to help regain some of the special military feelings on this server. This describes another one of the reasons why I should get chosen on the current GM team - simply my willingness to commit that much time towards quality events and my overall activity on the server. This gives me perfect insight on what the players want and how we can bring back some roleplay on here. I will uphold professionalism and will literally always listen to the community, as I am expected in this role once accepted.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? No, I have not.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: If accepted I will actively contribute every day for around 6-7 hours.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Gamemasters are pretty much responsible for ensuring players have something to do on the server during peacetimes and they are there to ensure we have an actual roleplay aspect besides the PvP way of things. If there are no Gamemasters on, it basically dies out the server. I see the gamemaster team as the events team for example on a resort. Doing small scaled games with kids on a resort, or large resort wide events that anyone could participate in so no one gets bored out and gets a special time by visiting that resort - that is exactly what Gamemasters are expected to do. Give the players one hell of a time every time they log on and that should be the reason players come back to this server eventually.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to RP by introducing back the campaigns that we used to have on the old Omega and pretty sure a short while on Delta. Gamemasters used to think out like storylines for the US and RU to engage in and that actually contributed pretty nicely to the RP part of the server. With some help of the faction leaders I would like to bring back operations and help bring back the use of information documents as something SOC factions work together on. I was very happy with how RP got enforced on Delta and wanted to become a big part of it back then, but unfortunately my chances were taken away by denial - this time around I hope I can actually get a chance to implement what I have in mind for the server. Campaigns and eventual small scaled RP events during the early hours will definitely be something that symbolizes my tenure as GM if accepted, so that's how I will directly impact the use of RP on the server this time around.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: 

(IC) [ Operation Retrieve Ambassador ]

An Ambassador of the United Nations has landed at the airbase that has been called abandoned for so long already, while it apparently is still in use according to the UN's agenda. This Ambassador however was unable to make his way to the F.O.B of the United States as planned for diplomatic reasons to ensure peacekeeping between the world and the Taliban. The highest commanding officer on the F.O.B will recieve word from an unknown source that the Ambassador has been captured by a group of Taliban and is now kept as a hostage at the same airbase. There will be a briefing and they will need to use different tactics to make sure the Ambassador doesn't get hurt in any way. This event will be an NPC event (only US will be involved), but it will be heavily coordinated by at least 2 GMs to make sure that the commanding officers make RP decisions and it will evolve around decisions they make. If the Ambassador gets hurt, this will have impact on the next events for the US side, they will be unable to get access to extra reinforcements for example as the government will not have faith in regaining influence in the area. However, if the Ambassador is able to get out of the airbase without getting hurt or killed - and by intensive teamwork - this will have some benefits for the US side eventually. Once the Ambassador has been brought back to the US base, negotiations will commence and the Taliban will be contacted, the Ambassador will be able to complete the task he eventually came for.

(IC) [ Special Reconnaissance ]

This event will include the majority of the SOC factions on the US side and is some kind of follow up on the event described above. The influence of the Taliban has been growing in the region and the US government wants to get intelligence on how to reduce that influence and how they can regain control of this region and eventually help them end the conflict - the Ambassador has been unsuccessful. There has been called for a meeting with the local tribes but this did not end up very well, as they still sided with the Taliban. Therefore, the US government decided to give the green light for a special SOC operation. The 75th Ranger Regiment and the 1stSFODD have been called upon to gain intelligence by keeping an eye on the base of the Taliban in this region and to gain an enemy target by kidnapping them. This target will be interrogated and certain information will NEED to be gained for this event. The target will be an actor that gives out certain information if the right questions are asked and the US SOC will need to use this information to uncover a massive planned bomb attack on their F.O.B. If this interrogation is successful, they will need to carry out an assassination on a tribes leader in construction. Intensive teamwork will be necessary and the NPCs that are guarding this place will be overpowered - not impossible to complete, but you can't go in all guns blazing.

(OOC) [ Rogue Locals ]

Now, this event is more one that could potentially be hosted during the early hours when there's barely people online. Some locals have gone rogue and are holding themself up at Factory. The 11B people that are available are called upon to clear them out and make sure their reinforcements do not reach vital positions within this area. This will also serve as a kind of training for re-capturing the Factory objective during war, having some kind of use for the US side combat wise. There will be NPCs on both floors of Factory and they will be put in spots that Taliban could hold during an actual war to prepare them. Reinforcements will enter through both entrances of Factory and will arrive once 11B has been properly set up with good spots. This event in no means will affect anything else I am planning on hosting - it's just for the early hours so that everyone has something to do and to still have some impact on 11B's development.

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in:

[ Regional Chaos ]

During this event, both sides will be briefed on a mission. This mission will be introduced on the Taliban side by a very well known faction on this server, the old Vega group members. On the US side it will be told by the Ambassador of the United Nations that has been freed earlier on. The Vega group has arrived in the area because of the Russian interests in weapons that have been shipped in this area. An outpost has been setup behind the hills of Construction and is actively guarded by the Vega group operatives. They are calling upon the help of the Taliban forces to ensure their mission will be successful - what they are doing exactly in the name of the Russian government remains unknown. The US receives word of this outpost and will call upon SOC to scout out the area and see what is happening. The Taliban forces will move towards the outpost and hold spots on Construction (no weird ass headglitching allowed) to make sure the US cannot advance and stop the Vega group operatives from completing their mission. The US SOC will return to the base once they gained information on what is going on within the outpost and how many personnel the Taliban has deployed in that area. 11B will be briefed with this information and the commanding officers will set up several squads to take care of those forces near Construction. The Vega group operatives will be skilled players in combat while the Taliban forces will just be common players that are actually in their respective faction. The outcome of this event solely depends on the decisions everyone makes and how they will set up their squads and teams - decisions will be made by the commanding officers that are closely advised by the GMs that are hosting this event to make sure it doesn't become an absolute massacre. The event concludes when either the (2 lifes) US have been taken out or if the outpost has been breached and the interior has been destroyed. 

Edited by Westt
  • Agree 4

I'll give my reasonings for a minus one and hopefully you can understand. 

Whu you're a competent GM and responsible community member as you've reached T.admin before which obviously means something. 

However the last time you got T.mod and I'm sure others can recall what has happened, you suddenly disappeared without any trace or word and just left the team which makes me concerned if something like this will happen again. If this were to get accepted and you stick around that's for the great and my word means shit and you'd be a good GM member.

GL on the application though Whu

Edited by Velo
  • Informative 1
6 minutes ago, Velo said:

I'll give my reasonings for a minus one and hopefully you can understand. 

Whu you're a competent GM and responsible community member as you've reached T.admin before which obviously means something. 

However the last time you got T.mod and I'm sure others can recall what has happened, you suddenly disappeared without any trace or word and just left the team which makes me concerned if something like this will happen again. If this were to get accepted and you stick around that's for the great and my word means shit and you'd be a good GM member.

GL on the application though Whu

Yeah I understand your concern, that's why I stated it on my application. I can a 100% promise everyone that's reading this application that I have the time and dedication to fully commit towards this role and will not disappear as I did before. It was a struggle with time because of work and just not feeling like dealing with online responsibilities anymore. This will not happen a second time. I am fully motivated to help out the server to bring it back to some what of a roleplaying environment again.

Also thank you for your response Velo, appreciate it.

Edited by Westt

+1
Whu is a great guy ive known him for almost a year now and he's always been extremely supportive and has in the past been a great staff member and id love to see him on the GM team pushing out new events for the server! Good Luck!

• Spicy 1

+1

I gave whu (west) my referral, i believe he is great for this position. Every time I'm on the server, he is there. He is active and has some decent event ideas. I think he can bring some great stuff to the GM team and could help us make come solid events for the players. I like his events ideas they're simple yet detailed. 

i wish the best on your app whu, goodluck

• Spicy 1

Whu you're a great guy, and I'd give you a +1, but from what i've heard and seen from you I have to give you the biggest -1 I possibly can.

Literally went AWOL as GB LTC, people said this is normal and that he'll be back

I just cannot trust having a staff member who literally vanished quicker than my father when I was born, people telling me that it's normal for you to just leave everything and dip makes me uncomfortable with giving you a +1. I do not feel okay with the possibility of you just disappearing

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Whu you're a great guy, and I'd give you a +1, but from what i've heard and seen from you I have to give you the biggest -1 I possibly can.

Literally went AWOL as GB LTC, people said this is normal and that he'll be back

I just cannot trust having a staff member who literally vanished quicker than my father when I was born, people telling me that it's normal for you to just leave everything and dip makes me uncomfortable with giving you a +1. I do not feel okay with the possibility of you just disappearing

As I stated before, I understand the concern of what I did when I disappeared. However, stating that it's "normal" for me to disappear is something that's simply not true. 

The first time I took a break from the server was several weeks after I resigned as expected. Everyone in my faction knew that I was taking a break because of stuff that happened.

The second time, I agree with you, I did not pull the smartest move by just pulling away from it all. Several people knew what was going on still. Now, I am not trying to question your -1, you can do whatever you want and I agree with your statement about what I did - it was wrong. 

Nonetheless do I want to emphasize my statement about me having the time and actual motivation this time around. The time I got T. Mod again was actually during a time I did not really play on the server that much. 

I'll let the people who deal with this application make the decision, but I just had to put this out here before people are acting on just rumours.

5 minutes ago, Westt said:

As I stated before, I understand the concern of what I did when I disappeared. However, stating that it's "normal" for me to disappear is something that's simply not true. 

The first time I took a break from the server was several weeks after I resigned as expected. Everyone in my faction knew that I was taking a break because of stuff that happened.

The second time, I agree with you, I did not pull the smartest move by just pulling away from it all. Several people knew what was going on still. Now, I am not trying to question your -1, you can do whatever you want and I agree with your statement about what I did - it was wrong. 

Nonetheless do I want to emphasize my statement about me having the time and actual motivation this time around. The time I got T. Mod again was actually during a time I did not really play on the server that much. 

I'll let the people who deal with this application make the decision, but I just had to put this out here before people are acting on just rumours.

Seeing as there is a post above where you suddenly disappeared the first time this clearly is not a one time thing, I'm sorry Whu

8 hours ago, CanadianTyrant said:

Seeing as there is a post above where you suddenly disappeared the first time this clearly is not a one time thing, I'm sorry Whu

No need to feel sorry - that's where the responses are for. 🙂

The "first time" I described was not suddenly though, people were aware and I was already resigned as a staff member. I took a break from the server as many of us have done in the past. I was thinking that you meant that occasion when you said "it's normal", which is why I wanted to clarify that the "disappearing" only happened once and gave an explanation as to why I was wrong and how I will do better.

Again though, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Just want to put it out there so that you know what was going on and not just base anything off of rumours.

Edited by Westt

On the terms of me accepting this if the community supports you will you agree to a formal contract with me? The contract would be if you disappear once again I will be permanently blacklisting you from the GM team til further notice. If you are able to sign this contract and have community support then I see no reason not to accept you 

• Agree 1

@Westt I'd like to speak to you whenever possible in teamspeak or in discord please contact me, you have me on discord and i'm on teamspeak 

Accepted

I spoke with whu and came to terms with him on multiple accounts

You will be trained by me 

@Theos Lock and move

@Proggy @Nutter please set  STEAM_0:1:213782550 to gamemaster thank you!