DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Key Staff Application

Key_

In-game name: 11A 2LT Key

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 21

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞STEAM_0:1:55986416

Warns: 0

Timezone: PST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 11A 2LT Key has played for 308:49:48

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES

Referral(s): ShinyAtlas

Past experiences as staff: Harbu Gaming TTT moderator (~6 months) || SCI Sandbox Super Admin (~6 months || RP LAND PurgeRP Admin (~6 months) || Military RP Moderator (3 months)

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

As a new dynamic of players come along, there is a larger demand for rules to be enforced, as well as new policies that need to be upheld. By the trends of how the playerbase ranges in GGMRP, one of the greatest weaknesses is the lack of guidance for players. I believe this is because the dynamic of how staff currently operates greatly whips between an iron curtain of enforcement and lackadaisical aid. What I present to you as a candidate is an end to this caveat with a middle ground.

Given my past experience as an admin/moderator for several servers, I believe I am a exceptional candidate as a staff member. I originally joined Garnet Gaming back in 2017 on rp_csdesert but left to give attention towards school, however, as I finish college I am dedicating more time, and with that, I am seeing a greater demand for help. Most importantly, knowing what kept players to come back on the server then is what I plan to offer as a staff member now. How I plan to do so is by approaching and solving player issues with lessons over punishments. I’ve been able to sedate players into properly RP-ing so that the overall experience for other players is much more enjoyable through this method. As stated before, knowing that with new leadership rising, there are new demands that will help the server for the better. Rules such as casual RDM being broken by players of all ranks is one of the biggest issues that I want to crush. The way I plan on doing this is bringing back the of using warns. Of course MassRDM, NITRP, and other major offences will be dealt with properly, but if a new player commits a casual RDM and doesn’t know about this rule, they shouldn’t be perma-banned right away. With this approach, I believe we can retain more players, and they will learn rather than regret.

One of my other strengths that has given me the opportunity to become a staff member on other servers has been my tone and professionalism. Controlling a mass amount of teenagers of all ages is a tough feat, but it is my biggest strength after being an admin all these years. I’ve been told several times how my demeanor shines because of how I can approach a situation kindly but professionally. Being stern to the right players and forgiving to others are traits that has presented me as a candidate before, and as I present to you now. It is with these traits that I would love to bring to the team so that we can gain and retain a larger player base.

Numbers have been way too low over the last month, and so has the moral of new players. Playing on the US side, I’ve always heard new players in need of staff or someone of power to hold someone accountable. Even though I was a lower rank then, I am a higher rank now, and there is more I can do. However, there are still variables that limit my aid in enforcing rules. Many times have I tried to cuff players breaking rules, i.e. PVTs leaving base, Players RDMing other players, but many of those situations ended in LTAP or other outcomes that are out of my control. As a player on the West Coast, I present a better coverage of staff actively online then before. Usually nights in PST is where rules are broken the most as EST staff members log off for the night, and I would be pleased to help out and cover for the times that Staff can not be present.

I do genuinely hope the best for the server, and I truly hope that my experience, plans, and demeanor present me as a good candidate as a whole.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: No previous punishments

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No previous applications submitted

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Min. 24 Hours/week → min. 4 hours/day

• Disagree 4

Here to confirm my referral. This man has done nothing but good for army as of recently. Your paragraphs cover a wide variety of issues and is a good read.

8 hours ago, Key_ said:

One of my other strengths that has given me the opportunity to become a staff member on other servers has been my tone and professionalism.

With that being said, only your fellow army members know about how you handle situations. Other people might be completely oblivious to this.

Overall, this is a pretty easy +1, you just need to get known by more people in the community.

Good luck Key

Edited by ShinyAtlas

+ Older player
+ Fairly mature individual
+ Good Time
+ Good Experience
+ Lots of effort in the application and good paragraphs

- Probably no one on Taliban side knows you

I personally know you and I'm going to give you a +1 as you're a great guy and I feel you'll add a lot to the staff team, but I think you need to start talking with some Tali because you might get a few -1's based purely off the fact that no one actually knows you.

Get known, if you don't get accepted, make sure you try to interact with Tali more.

+1 - While I did give you a plus one, it was on the line for a few reasons. My reasons for a plus one is that you have a great application, I can't say that for very many people, but your application showed you put the time and effort into making it. Another reason is that from your application and being a officer in Army plus with your age, which sometimes doesn't mean anything for maturity, shows that you are mature and competent to be a staff member. Now my reason for -1 is that the Afghanistan side of the server, including myself, doesn't know you, or at least very well. I haven't talked to you that much if at all. Whether you get accepted or denied, I would strongly suggest getting yourself well known within the community, be active on the forums, get into different channels on TeamSpeak, go to Taliban and hang out their, or whatever else you can think of to increase your community awareness. Good luck and hope to talk with you sometime.

Edited by PappaEric

I haven't had much interaction with you in game but from what I've heard you are a respectful guy; you have a well thought out and written staff app and a lot of past experience which is what the staff team needs. I'm going to +1 this because of the reasons previously said but as a member of the community I would want to see you interact with Tali more whether it be in game or TS. Best of Luck.